"Free Candy"

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: "Free Candy"

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:14 am

demangone wrote:honestly, with Satan, you could just steal some metal band's lyrics and put them on a sign and it would be hilarious every time. It probably helps if the band has a logo with a pentagram, because bands like Stryper would make Satan sound kind of lame.

Find DevilDriver - Devil's Son. Speed metal for the win.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby CT Mechanic on Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:38 am

On one hand, I agree with the idea that you can't pick your nickname. On the other hand, it's one thing to call a fat guy "Tiny" but another thing to call anyone something along the lines of "child molester." Also, I have to hang this sign in public. I love the "Free Candy" association with halloween and handing out hits, but the "creepy guy in a van" is a bit too far, I think. Too bad, because "Free Candy" has much to like, otherwise.

I like "Hail Satan" and I also like "WWSD?" especially since it continues on my earlier theme and it mocks the WWJD? even more so than the WWGRD? line. I think I'll use red lettering on the WWSD? sign.

I think we will keep using the "Zip Bang Le - Tang" sign this year as well. There were a couple others I'll have to dig out as well, see if they still apply.
CT Mechanic
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby tjand72 on Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:59 am

Idoit40fans wrote:Find DevilDriver - Devil's Son. Speed metal for the win.

Best song name on that album: "Die (And Die Now)" Like they just wanted to reiterate how much they want someone dead.

Let's hope Goligoski isn't "Unlucky 13"
Ugh. I'll show myself out.
tjand72
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:04 am

tjand72 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Find DevilDriver - Devil's Son. Speed metal for the win.

Best song name on that album: "Die (And Die Now)" Like they just wanted to reiterate how much they want someone dead.

Let's hope Goligoski isn't "Unlucky 13"
Ugh. I'll show myself out.

Thats a good idea. I actually think that Devil's Son would be great for a Crosby or Gretzky highlight video.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby tperko on Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:04 pm

LEFNTANG
tperko
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jasmine on Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:05 pm

It was Jarkko who used the "handing out hits like free candy" line in a post-game interview. I figured it was hockey slang that the players used, but then the Free Candy van post appeared and it was creepy!! I always get uneasy, too, at the [molester] inference. Ruutu is gone and so should this hideous nickname be gone!!!
Surely we can do better for Brooksie!
Jasmine
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:16 pm

Jasmine wrote:It was Jarkko who used the "handing out hits like free candy" line in a post-game interview. I figured it was hockey slang that the players used, but then the Free Candy van post appeared and it was creepy!! I always get uneasy, too, at the [molester] inference. Ruutu is gone and so should this hideous nickname be gone!!!
Surely we can do better for Brooksie!

That was around for weeks before Ruutu said anything though, Ruutu got it from pensblog, or from someone who got it from pensblog.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins