Jesse Marshall for NHL Commisioner

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Jesse Marshall for NHL Commisioner

Postby André on Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:49 am

Henry Hank wrote:I never understood the argument that they shouldn't go to Europe because they have problems to fix in America. How does playing four regular season games out of hundreds handicap any efforts to work on the state of the game in the US? Why can't they both go to Europe for special events like this and continue on the effort of making hockey bigger in the US? It just doesn't seem like one has anything to do with the other here.

Personally, I like that they are going to Europe. Hockey is more international than any of the other major American sports. These European countries have seen their stars leave the local leagues for the NHL without getting compensated much. Hockey is huge in a lot of the European countries. It's bigger than just the NHL. It's about hockey in general. I have no problem with throwing the fans there a bone. I think they'd be stupid to ignore the potential market there because there are people there that are or would be interested in the NHL. There's no reason they can't reach out to European markets while still focusing in the US.

The NHL isn't even entirely US anyway, six of the teams are in Canada. It seems silly to me that they should only focus on the US and ignore the game globally.

Thank you. I felt like Lisa Simpson there for a while.
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby PittPensFan on Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:16 am

André wrote:
Henry Hank wrote:I never understood the argument that they shouldn't go to Europe because they have problems to fix in America. How does playing four regular season games out of hundreds handicap any efforts to work on the state of the game in the US? Why can't they both go to Europe for special events like this and continue on the effort of making hockey bigger in the US? It just doesn't seem like one has anything to do with the other here.

Personally, I like that they are going to Europe. Hockey is more international than any of the other major American sports. These European countries have seen their stars leave the local leagues for the NHL without getting compensated much. Hockey is huge in a lot of the European countries. It's bigger than just the NHL. It's about hockey in general. I have no problem with throwing the fans there a bone. I think they'd be stupid to ignore the potential market there because there are people there that are or would be interested in the NHL. There's no reason they can't reach out to European markets while still focusing in the US.

The NHL isn't even entirely US anyway, six of the teams are in Canada. It seems silly to me that they should only focus on the US and ignore the game globally.

Emo? :lol:
PittPensFan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby André on Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:03 am

PittPensFan wrote:
André wrote:

Emo? :lol:

Seriously, Lisa's considered emo? =) I thought those kind of were those with black boots and dark make up who cut themselves?

I meant more like I had different arguments that even if you don't agree with them makes sense but still everyone kept repeating the stuff I adressed and replied only after someone else said stuff similiar to what I did =)
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins