tonights final lineup minus malkin/sykora?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

tonights final lineup minus malkin/sykora?

Postby RainbowsAndCottonCandy on Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:31 pm

58 D LETANG, KRISTOPHER
2 D GILL, HAL
5 D SYDOR, DARRYL
7 D EATON, MARK
13 D GOLIGOSKI, ALEX
44 D ORPIK, BROOKS
9 L DUPUIS, PASCAL
11 C STAAL, JORDAN
20 L PESONEN, JANNE
24 L COOKE, MATT
25 C TALBOT, MAXIME
26 L FEDOTENKO, RUSLAN
28 R GODARD, ERIC
37 R THOMAS, WILLIAM
48 C KENNEDY, TYLER
67 L BISSONNETTE, PAUL
81 R SATAN, MIROSLAV
87 C CROSBY, SIDNEY

Malkin and Sykora isnt playing sooo

Its between Bissonnette, Thomas, Godard
RainbowsAndCottonCandy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: tonights final lineup minus malkin/sykora?

Postby netwolf on Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:23 pm

Godard might not dress every game, but he's on the roster. The Pens didn't sign him to a one-way deal to send him to Wilkes-Barre.

The last forward spots are going to depend on what kind of role Therrien has. Godard will add toughness when he plays. Kennedy will add energy. Taffe plays an all-around game. If they want more toughness there, Bissonette would be the guy. If they want speed and defense, Thomas is the way to go. If they want speed and skill, Pesonen is it.

Also keep in mind, that the team did not carry many healthy scratches through the season. I'd imagine there will be a couple of guys that make the team out of camp that will be sent down once they get back from Sweden.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Defence21 on Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:36 pm

netwolf wrote:Also keep in mind, that the team did not carry many healthy scratches through the season. I'd imagine there will be a couple of guys that make the team out of camp that will be sent down once they get back from Sweden.

I too could see this happening. I also could see them taking one style of player to Europe, then shifting focus once they return.

For example, maybe they take both Goligoski and Richmond, as well as, say Pesonen, to Europe -- but upon returning, maybe they demote Richmond and bring up Bissonnette.
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby WWGRD on Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:37 pm

Bissonnette played another solid game tonight,

led the team (tied with Crosby) with 3 shots on goal,

Plus he beat the living hell out of Hollwegg
Last edited by WWGRD on Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WWGRD
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:42 pm

Bissonnette seems like a good choice to make the trip just because he can play defense if they need him to.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby cs6687 on Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:56 pm

Shero said at the start of camp the extra roster spot for the Sweden trip will probably go to Curry.
cs6687
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby cojac on Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:02 pm

Lines used in the Game tonight:

FEDOTENKO-CROSBY-SATAN
COOKE-TALBOT-DUPUIS
PESONEN-STAAL-KENNEDY
BIZ/THOMAS-STAAL-THOMAS/GODARD

so......
FEDOTENKO-CROSBY-SATAN
STAAL-MALKIN-SYKORA
COOKE-TALBOT-DUPUIS
4th Line TBD
cojac
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby cojac on Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:08 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:Bissonnette seems like a good choice to make the trip just because he can play defense if they need him to.

Biz Nasty did everything he could to make the team, and he deserves to make the team. Pesonen needs to learn the North American game in the AHL, James and Thomas are a dime a dozen. Really with the 3 lines we got, our 4th line isn't going to play a lot. Kennedy and Taffe can jump up on any of the top 3 lines for a shift, and play on the 2nd PP unit. Godard and Bissonette will bring the crash and bang you need from your 4th line.
cojac
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:11 pm

cojac wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Bissonnette seems like a good choice to make the trip just because he can play defense if they need him to.

Biz Nasty did everything he could to make the team, and he deserves to make the team. Pesonen needs to learn the North American game in the AHL, James and Thomas are a dime a dozen. Really with the 3 lines we got, our 4th line isn't going to play a lot. Kennedy and Taffe can jump up on any of the top 3 lines for a shift, and play on the 2nd PP unit. Godard and Bissonette will bring the crash and bang you need from your 4th line.

Taffe is dime a dozen as well, I don't see how he should be on the team and James and Thomas left off for being "dime a dozen" just because they didn't spend as much time with the team last year. I agree though, the fourth doesn't matter, they are gonna be plug-in players.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby WWGRD on Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:17 pm

The Leafs announcers actually knew what they were talking about 100%

They mentioned after losing the grit of Laraque, Ruutu, Malone, and Roberts that Godard, Cooke, and Bis can replace it this year
WWGRD
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby columbia on Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:01 am

pens20 wrote:FEDOTENKO-CROSBY-SATAN
STAAL-MALKIN-SYKORA
COOKE-TALBOT-DUPUIS

LOVE THAT LINEUP!

THROW IN KENNEDY, GODARD, BISSONETTE AND TAFFE TO COMPLETE THE 4TH LINE. LET PESONEN ADJUST TO THE N.A. GAME AT WBS.

That's a tough call in regard to Pesonen. It's not as though he's some kid coming out of junior who can't fathom the speed of the NHL. He's a seasoned professional and I have to wonder whether the AHL is really going to increase his chances of making an impact. Perhaps it would, but I'd like to see him pull some 4th line and second PP shifts.

Also, I like the idea of both former Islanders playing on the first line. We know what to expect from Dupuis in that spot, but FedEx has more natural scoring skills. Plus, the Cooke-Talbot-Dupuis line is really appealing.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby columbia on Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:12 am

pens20 wrote:I just feel that having Bis will be beneficial in the long run. If Godard is our only willing combatant, he may get worn down throwing fists every night, especially with our Division. Bis would provide toughness when Godard needs a rest, Godard isn't like Laraque, who only fights after having a cup of tea. Bis is also a decent skater and good on the forecheck.

That's certainly a good point about the toughness that Bis can provide, in addition to the fact that he can play D if necessary.
It's probably heresy around here, but I'd rather see Taffe (for his better all around skill) and Pesonen (for his greater potential) than Kennedy at the start of the season. But that new contract probably means otherwise.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shmenguin on Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:10 am

Idoit40fans wrote:
cojac wrote:

Taffe is dime a dozen as well, I don't see how he should be on the team and James and Thomas left off for being "dime a dozen" just because they didn't spend as much time with the team last year. I agree though, the fourth doesn't matter, they are gonna be plug-in players.

therrien's been steadily rolling 4 lines ever since he started coaching here (unless the circumstances of the individual games change). i expect that to continue this year, even though we're stacked. the 4th line will still get regular minutes.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanBryan on Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:42 am

I dont think we can afford to give another enforcer a roster spot. Goddard is our guy. I think the last Forward spot needs to go to Bill Thomas. Bissonette is still learning Forward. He has been a defenseman all his life, until last year. He is not refined enough to be a NHL forward yet. I got no problems with Bissonette, I like the kid, I met his parents on a trip to Wilkes-Barre. I just think he needs a little more experience at forward before he gets NHL time.
PensFanBryan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins