NHL Network

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

NHL Network

Postby Old Time Hockey on Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:18 am

I am from South Carolina and have NHL Centerice, but I know the game is not going to be on there today and will be on the NHL Network. This morning, I called Comcast and asked how much would it be extra to purchase NHL Network and they told me it would only be 5 bucks extra a month. I have ordered it and now I am very excited to watch both games today!
Old Time Hockey
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: NHL Network

Postby ShipHockey7 on Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:31 am

yep NHL Network only costs me 2.99 a month and I watch it all the time, if it weren't for some dumb commercials it'd be on my TV almost all the time lol
ShipHockey7
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby fourtKNOX on Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:38 am

Funny thing is... not sure if its different this year... but I have Dish, and centerice...

The preview channel for centerice that usually scrolls all the stats and such for the game, is nhl network right now... not sure if it will be all year or not

I would like to think the million times I called and complained about it got them to add it to the package, however i doubt that! Either way, I am happy!
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby jimjom on Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:43 am

This is my first year with Center Ice and all of my channels are announcing that they aren't going to start broadcasting games until October 9? What gives?? I have Comcast, unfortunately (I am a satellite type of guy).
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Ben Klingston on Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:04 pm

Uhh, did Comcast in S. Hills change the channel number for NHL Network? It used to be Ch. 176, but I get some bunk 'Si' TV' right now and don't see NHL Network listed elsewhere... did they get rid of this channel?

Nevermind I'm an idiot. 276, not 176.

Phew.
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby ShipHockey7 on Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:05 pm

I dont know about out in Pittsburgh but in Harrisburg area they added NHL Network HD on 241, our NHL Network is also 276 btw
ShipHockey7
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby DelPen on Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:13 pm

jimjom wrote:This is my first year with Center Ice and all of my channels are announcing that they aren't going to start broadcasting games until October 9? What gives?? I have Comcast, unfortunately (I am a satellite type of guy).

Well isn't that when the rest of the NHL gets underway?

As an aside, I love the Time Warner near Charlotte has both HDNet and Mojo so I can see Three Sheets and NHL games in HD when HDNet carries them :D
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby jimjom on Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:41 pm

DelPen wrote:
jimjom wrote:This is my first year with Center Ice and all of my channels are announcing that they aren't going to start broadcasting games until October 9? What gives?? I have Comcast, unfortunately (I am a satellite type of guy).

As an aside, I love the Time Warner near Charlotte has both HDNet and Mojo so I can see Three Sheets and NHL games in HD when HDNet carries them :D

Well, that would explain it then! This Sweden thing throws me off. Teams still playing preseason and teams playing regular season. Weird. Kind of bush league in a way, but thanks for explaining!
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Sigwolf on Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:09 pm

DelPen wrote:

Three Sheets is always a good thing, but don't count on watching too much hockey (read: any) on HDNet. They haven't announced any agreement with the NHL this year and hockey has been removed from the Sports section of their website.
Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby DelPen on Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:32 pm

Sigwolf wrote:
DelPen wrote:

Three Sheets is always a good thing, but don't count on watching too much hockey (read: any) on HDNet. They haven't announced any agreement with the NHL this year and hockey has been removed from the Sports section of their website.

So tomorrow's game is not on HDNet?
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby purelebo84 on Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:29 pm

Yes.
purelebo84
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Lumbergh on Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:55 pm

Biff83 wrote:is on the fly comming back this year?

I love that show. I fell asleep watching the re-run so many times last season.
Lumbergh
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Sigwolf on Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:11 pm

DelPen wrote:So tomorrow's game is not on HDNet?

No, but you can watch the Meatloaf concert they are showing if you are into that kind of thing...
Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Hoox81 on Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:49 pm

Sigwolf wrote:Three Sheets is always a good thing, but don't count on watching too much hockey (read: any) on HDNet. They haven't announced any agreement with the NHL this year and hockey has been removed from the Sports section of their website.

HDNet rebroadcasts the games shown on NBC quite regularly (usually either late night on game day or the following day). Don't know about any other games on there though. Usually a great HD feed...
Hoox81
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Sigwolf on Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:07 pm

Hoox81 wrote:
Sigwolf wrote:Three Sheets is always a good thing, but don't count on watching too much hockey (read: any) on HDNet. They haven't announced any agreement with the NHL this year and hockey has been removed from the Sports section of their website.

HDNet rebroadcasts the games shown on NBC quite regularly (usually either late night on game day or the following day). Don't know about any other games on there though. Usually a great HD feed...

That would be UniversalHD that reshows NBC games. HDNet had it own broadcast schedule of games on Thursdays and Saturdays with their own crew. It does not appear that will be the case this season, and if so it is unlikely they will be showing any NHL hockey.
Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins