My thoughts on the European Trip

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: My thoughts on the European Trip

Postby bhaw on Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:12 pm

KG wrote:
Jesse wrote:My thoughts on the European trip:

Never go back.

Agreed....That was 2 of the most sloppy and boring games I've seen in a while. No offensive flow...Horrible power play...They will miss Gonchar immensely...

Noticed MT took Satan off Crosby's line...Malkin/Staal/Satan is actually a very good line...Crosby/Fedotenko/Sykora? maybe worth a look next game...

Memo to the NHL...The pens already had a shortened off season because of their long post season...Let a team that doesn't make it to the finals go over seas next year...

Hated this experiment..

The decision for the Pens to go to Sweden was made earlier in the season. They didn't know the Pens would be in the finals. Well, unless you ask Capital or Flyer fans... in which case the NHL knew we would be in the finals last year several seasons ago :lol:
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby cojac on Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:43 pm

bhaw wrote:
KG wrote:

Never go back.

Agreed....That was 2 of the most sloppy and boring games I've seen in a while. No offensive flow...Horrible power play...They will miss Gonchar immensely...

Noticed MT took Satan off Crosby's line...Malkin/Staal/Satan is actually a very good line...Crosby/Fedotenko/Sykora? maybe worth a look next game...

Memo to the NHL...The pens already had a shortened off season because of their long post season...Let a team that doesn't make it to the finals go over seas next year...

Hated this experiment..

The decision for the Pens to go to Sweden was made earlier in the season. They didn't know the Pens would be in the finals. Well, unless you ask Capital or Flyer fans... in which case the NHL knew we would be in the finals last year several seasons ago :lol:

Detroit, with all of their swedes would of been a better pick to go to sweden. I thought it was funny how the rags with all theur czechs got picked to play in czecho, they only have 2 since Jagr, Straka, and Malik left. The games seem like exhibition games, they're was more intensity in the 1st pre-season game this year.

Hey NHL, next year open the season in Norway. :roll:
cojac
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby purelebo84 on Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:48 pm

Never go back.

I agree.

Between the horrendous ice surface, the lack of emotion from the fans, and the fact that the team needed to throw off its routine so much, I just didn't love the whole scene.
purelebo84
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby penny lane on Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:23 am

If the pens have to be a part of a few PR trips and other activities, I will take that in return for Bettman's help in keeping the penguins in Pittsurgh.

~ It will be good to have them back in Pittsburgh. The Igloo ice will never look better to the penguins. :wink:
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins