Alarmed at the alarms.

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Alarmed at the alarms.

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:05 am

Listen...The Pens have a lot of new players and fewer practices and scrimmages because of the European Vacation.

My guess is that things are going to get worse before they get better. Give them 10 games to make up for time lost.

If they are 1-115 on the PP heading into the All Star break, then we've got issues. :lol:
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Three Stars on Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:09 am

ImageImage
Three Stars
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby newarenanow on Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:10 am

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Listen...The Pens have a lot of new players and fewer practices and scrimmages because of the European Vacation.

My guess is that things are going to get worse before they get better. Give them 10 games to make up for time lost.

If they are 1-115 on the PP heading into the All Star break, then we've got issues. :lol:

You don't understand though, 2 games is indicative on how the whole season will go.

Last year was a fluke when we had a slow start and ended up in the Finals.

Now, go back and rethink what you said. :wink:
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby penny lane on Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:10 am

I'm bridge-proof after last spring. :P
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:39 am

Three Stars wrote:ImageImage

lol, I thought that was Smizik.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Scott on Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:02 am

newarenanow wrote:
Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Listen...The Pens have a lot of new players and fewer practices and scrimmages because of the European Vacation.

You don't understand though, 2 games is indicative on how the whole season will go.

Last year was a fluke when we had a slow start and ended up in the Finals.

Now, go back and rethink what you said. :wink:

newarena,

that is not what was said in this original post.

Did I say that since we are 2 games in that YEO should be fired right now because the next 80 we might not ever get a PP goal? NNNOOOO
I said that if anything should alarm people atleast a little in this young season would be the PP.

Not that they only scored one buzzer beating goal in 14 attempts, but rather the way the PP was being executed. I also said the remark that YEO should freshen up his resume referring to the fact that if this trend would continue, then yes he sure better get that resume out.

Newarena, you are another one that just can't seem to bring one self to posting something without sarcasm.

How about a meaningful argument and view point!!
Scott
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby newarenanow on Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:21 am

Scott wrote:
Newarena, you are another one that just can't seem to bring one self to posting something without sarcasm.

First of all, yes, I was making a general, sarcastic remark, and it wasn't pointed at you.

Second, I feel I make a ton of meaningful arguments on this board.

Third, yes, I make sarcastic remarks a lot. That is my personality. People take loses WAY to seriously on here. I like to lighten the mood.

If you don't like my sarcastic remarks, place me under your ignore function. :wink:
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:21 am

Scott wrote:

First of all, yes, I was making a general, sarcastic remark, and it wasn't pointed at you.

Third, yes, I make sarcastic remarks a lot. That is my personality. People take loses WAY to seriously on here. I like to lighten the mood.

If you don't like my sarcastic remarks, place me under your ignore function. :wink:
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:47 pm

newarenanow wrote:
Scott wrote:

You have to keep in mind that when Scott feels insulted, he brings out the "make a meaningful argument" attack. I feel like I bring a lot of meaningful ideas here as well, but also spew out a lot of sarcastic remarks(which are still making my point in 99% of the cases). I think thats the common trait in the clique.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:50 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:You have to keep in mind that when Scott feels insulted, he brings out the "make a meaningful argument" attack. I feel like I bring a lot of meaningful ideas here as well, but also spew out a lot of sarcastic remarks(which are still making my point in 99% of the cases). I think thats the common trait in the clique.

Long live the clique.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Scott on Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:00 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
You have to keep in mind that when Scott feels insulted, he brings out the "make a meaningful argument" attack. I feel like I bring a lot of meaningful ideas here as well, but also spew out a lot of sarcastic remarks(which are still making my point in 99% of the cases). I think thats the common trait in the clique.

Actually if you notice my viewpoints or arguments are just that and that is what this message board is for. Share those and discuss.

It appears that you are the one who takes things personally when someone doesn't share what you believe so then you lower yourself to make sarcastic remarks or pointless posts...which you have MANY.

BTW, I don't get insulted from a message board.
Scott
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:02 pm

burned.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kicksave on Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:08 pm

:lol:
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JS© on Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:01 pm

Jimmy Straka wrote:this happens because Kris Beech was sent to WBS...
\

fixd
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby westside on Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:03 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:If players don't shoot, there is no answer for the powerplay.

End of debate, IMO.
westside
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby netwolf on Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:23 pm

Things could be a lot worse. Last night on NHL Network they aired Top 10 Offensive Performances of 2003-2004. The Pens were on the wrong side of 3 of them, plus two honorable mentions. Sheldon Souray's 1+5 was number 1 on the list. Ilya Kovalchuk dropped 2+3 on them and Markus Naslund burned them for 4 goals. Honorable mentions were Owen Nolan with 2+2 and Dan Hamhuis 1+4.

And in case you forgot about who was on that year's edition (whether intentionally or otherwise), here you go:
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leag ... 02004.html

[shudder]
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:31 pm

I'd strongly believe that that year was Malone's best. And it was the best by a good margin. He was truly dominant that year and will never duplicate that play.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby penny lane on Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:48 pm

netwolf wrote:Things could be a lot worse. Last night on NHL Network they aired Top 10 Offensive Performances of 2003-2004. The Pens were on the wrong side of 3 of them, plus two honorable mentions. Sheldon Souray's 1+5 was number 1 on the list. Ilya Kovalchuk dropped 2+3 on them and Markus Naslund burned them for 4 goals. Honorable mentions were Owen Nolan with 2+2 and Dan Hamhuis 1+4.

And in case you forgot about who was on that year's edition (whether intentionally or otherwise), here you go:
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leag ... 02004.html

[shudder]

Anytime Brooks has more points than Mario there should be an investigation. :wink:

I think that line up could still beat the current leafs in a series. :P
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins