Igloo Seat Ticket Question

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Igloo Seat Ticket Question

Postby Pens Fan Since 1970 on Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:21 am

I ordered 2 tickets from Stubhub last week for Igloo East 4 Row N and the tickets I received are for section E 4 Row M.

For anyone that has sat in the Igloo Section, how is the section marked on the tickets? Does it say Igloo E? I'm only asking because on my tickets, the section is marked E. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Pens Fan Since 1970
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Igloo Seat Ticket Question

Postby Damian27548 on Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:10 am

Your ticket should state EIGLOO3 Row # and seat #

If it simply says E4, thats where the ticket is (North balcony).

What is the face value of the ticket?
Damian27548
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby newarenanow on Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:18 am

Check the value of the tickets. They may have sent you the wrong ones.

Did you pay for the Igloo club seats? I'd be pissed if I did and then received E balcony seats.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Pens Fan Since 1970 on Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:46 am

Damian27548 wrote:Your ticket should state EIGLOO3 Row # and seat #

Thanks for the info, that is what I was afraid of. I never did look at the fax ce value of the ticket, I saw section E4 and I had a feeling something wasn't right.

newarenanow wrote:Check the value of the tickets. They may have sent you the wrong ones.

Did you pay for the Igloo club seats? I'd be pissed if I did and then received E balcony seats.

Yes I did pay for Igloo club seats. I do have a call into Stubhub and they're supposedly going to e mail the seller to try to straighten this out. Thanks for the info.
Pens Fan Since 1970
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby bringitonhome on Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:49 am

Pens Fan Since 1970 wrote:
Damian27548 wrote:Your ticket should state EIGLOO3 Row # and seat #

Thanks for the info, that is what I was afraid of. I never did look at the fax ce value of the ticket, I saw section E4 and I had a feeling something wasn't right.

newarenanow wrote:Check the value of the tickets. They may have sent you the wrong ones.

Yes I did pay for Igloo club seats. I do have a call into Stubhub and they're supposedly going to e mail the seller to try to straighten this out. Thanks for the info.

That sucks!! I hope everything works out for you.
bringitonhome
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby newarenanow on Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:55 am

Hope it works out. I have never bought anything off of stub hub. Can you do anything to the seller if he was purposely false advertising?

Or does you just get a bad mark like on Ebay and nothing happens?
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby sdm5055 on Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:01 am

you should get a refund if you printed and saved the e-mail that stub hub sends you that says print and take with you it has on there what was advertised and what seats you purchased.. this claim should fall under stub hubs protection plan that they offer

NAN stub hub isn't like eBay that you buy it from the sellers listings stub hub brokers the deal so I would imagine that if a seller did this on a continuing basis they would not be allowed to do business with stub hub anymore.. you as a buyer don't see who the original owner of the tickets was

I am not sure if you get the refund with the stub hub guarantee that you will be able to go to the game.. but you might be able to work out a deal with the seller to get some money back and keep the tickets.. yeah they aren't want you wanted but I would guess that the seller doesn't actually have the Igloo seats you thought you where buying

I have had nothing but good experiences with stub hub *knock on wood* I have never had to use the guarantee that they offer but I have heard good things from people who have...
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pens Fan Since 1970 on Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:48 am

I received a call from Stubhub and they had the seller on the line but they wouldn't let me speak with him. The tickets are for E balcony and I told them that they were listed as IglooE seats and that the seller is using false advertising.

I am sending the tickets back and getting a refund as well. I guess I won't ever be using Stubhub again after this wonderful first experience with them.
Pens Fan Since 1970
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby newarenanow on Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:57 am

Pens Fan Since 1970 wrote:I received a call from Stubhub and they had the seller on the line but they wouldn't let me speak with him. The tickets are for E balcony and I told them that they were listed as IglooE seats and that the seller is using false advertising.

I am sending the tickets back and getting a refund as well. I guess I won't ever be using Stubhub again after this wonderful first experience with them.

Do you mind if I asked the price you paid? Was it closer to the Igloo club price or the E balcony.

But agreed, if he had it as East Igloo, and priced as such, then yes, I would be upset.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Pens Fan Since 1970 on Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:02 pm

newarenanow wrote:
Pens Fan Since 1970 wrote:I received a call from Stubhub and they had the seller on the line but they wouldn't let me speak with him. The tickets are for E balcony and I told them that they were listed as IglooE seats and that the seller is using false advertising.

Do you mind if I asked the price you paid? Was it closer to the Igloo club price or the E balcony.

But agreed, if he had it as East Igloo, and priced as such, then yes, I would be upset.

I paid the listed price of 73.00 per ticket, that is why I bought them so fast because I thought 73.00 for Igloo seats was a great deal. It turned to be too good to be true.
Pens Fan Since 1970
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby newarenanow on Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:11 pm

Pens Fan Since 1970 wrote:
I paid the listed price of 73.00 per ticket, that is why I bought them so fast because I thought 73.00 for Igloo seats was a great deal. It turned to be too good to be true.

Yeah, that price is to small for an Igloo seat. The seller probably just got confused what the E meant.

That is why I usually weary to use these services, and honestly never had used the before.

Well, hopefully you get this straightened out.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby blackjack68 on Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:34 pm

I have had good experiences with StubHub as well. Actually you too had a good experience with StubHub, just not with the seller. They were there to resolve the situation and return your money. (You knew it was too good to be true, Igloos are like $125+ per seat, face value.)

If it was EBay you would be SOL and sitting in the balcony.
blackjack68
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Paekman on Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:46 pm

I listed 3 seats for the Pens vs. Canucks on Stubhub today. When you input your ticket information, it gives a listing for IGLOO E # and BALCONY E #. I originally just put in E # as the section #, but when it said that it couldn't be found, I scrolled through the pre-determined list and found the correct section with no trouble. That's really the first instance where I've heard of fraud (or potential fraud) on Stubhub, so I'm glad that they treated you right in the end.
Paekman
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins