eBay Crosby Jersey

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

eBay Crosby Jersey

Postby blackjack68 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:41 pm

How is this possible? Obviously, it's in China...so that's not a good sign. What else points to this being a bad jersey that's only going for $39.99?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sidney-Crosby-87-PE ... 286.c0.m14
blackjack68
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: eBay Crosby Jersey

Postby fourtKNOX on Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:49 pm

I have one... the front emblem the gold in the Penguin is the current gold not the yellow gold like it should be

Thats the only major thing I have different... and I didnt even catch it at first!
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby blackjack68 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:16 pm

Thanks. Is it decent quality otherwise?
blackjack68
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby nocera on Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:04 pm

China makes quality jerseys. I bought a home Crosby jersey last year for 40 bucks and it's awesome. As long as everything looks right in the picture (in this case, the only thing that seems off is the gold in the logo. as well as that silly winter classic patch) you should be good to go.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby helmespc on Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:26 pm

The fakes have white lacing, as well. I got a malkin one of these for $60 with the correct colored crest. Its the best quality jersey I've bought, even if it is not officially licensed. They make them with the thicker material and sewn on letters... so what more can you ask for. Here's a good link... http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=1238
helmespc
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Bob McKenzie on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:04 pm

Be aware that those jerseys are illegal and classified as counterfeits. You may be receiving a visit from a law enforcement officer if you purchase one of those.

There have been issues with some of those jerseys. Some of the ones sent to the burgh area during the playoff run were causing rashes on people. Also, the real jerseys have a % of the money go to the NHLPA retirement fund for players.
Bob McKenzie
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: "I swear I will sign the contract, Mario." *fingers crossed*

Postby DelPen on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:38 am

Mine has a patch to show which number it is in a limited series and they are all the same number. The quality is very nice though, as others said above everything is stitched on.

I got two, a L-50 for me and a M-48 for one of my friends, and they both ran a little bigger than the edge knock-off I have as well as a Mitchell & Ness jersey in a 48 but I think it's because of the cut. The 50 for the edge was probably the same size as a 48 for the winter classic. But maybe that was just mine.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby JS© on Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:03 am

I forgot about the Winter Classic jerseys running a little bigger. I ordered a Malkin All Star and forgot to go up a size. Maybe it's the way that it's sewn, but the shoulders were a little tighter than what i was used to.

But to answer your question, the lettering looks too wide and the bordering is way too light. If you want a pic to judge from:

Crosby at the Winter Classic:

ebay jersey:
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DelPen on Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:19 am

Well if you are looking at $55 shipped vs $255 shipped for an authentic to match what the players wore of course it will be more exact. But aside from the LV gold being used, which I think ties in to the current jerseys better, everything else is passable as a replica like when the old CCM and Starter ones were $50 back in the 90's.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Bob McKenzie on Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:10 pm

DelPen wrote:Well if you are looking at $55 shipped vs $255 shipped for an authentic to match what the players wore of course it will be more exact. But aside from the LV gold being used, which I think ties in to the current jerseys better, everything else is passable as a replica like when the old CCM and Starter ones were $50 back in the 90's.

I paid $150 each for mine and my wife's authentic jerseys with lettering from House of Hockey in Monroeville. They are good people there.
Bob McKenzie
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: "I swear I will sign the contract, Mario." *fingers crossed*

Postby EricMateya on Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:20 pm

that is definitely a very cheap rip off... Look at the color difference between the authentic ones and the Chinese version. The Chinese version is a much darker blue than the authentic. Also, the lettering is way too big on the Chinese version in proportion to both the authentic and the numbering.
EricMateya
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins