Stewie Griffin Postgame - Flyers at Pens

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Stewie Griffin Postgame - Flyers at Pens

Postby meecrofilm on Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:49 pm

Yes.. the compliment sandwhich is becoming a tradition. Excellent.

Something good: Gogo's best game as a pen thus far. Yes, there'll be more speed bumps along the way, but last night was a promising display.

Something bad: Many wingers sometimes are really only as good as the center next to them. I think that in the case of Satan, Staal, and Fedex, things certaintly haven't been made any easier on them when Sid, Geno, and even Talbot haven't been playing up their usual standards. So stronger center play.

Something good: The PK. Save for Dany Heatly, it's been tremendous so far. Of course, Fleury's excellent play sure hasn't hurt it.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Gage18 on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:04 pm

people continually hate on Scuds...i dont get it...he is a solid defensive D-man!
Gage18
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Kicksave on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:11 pm

Will there be room for Scuds next year? Will he be content as a #7 d-man? When Jeff Finger gets $3.5 mil, you have to assume Scuderi can get at least $2 mil.

Gonchar/Orpik
Letang/Whitney
Goligoski/Eaton
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby purelebo84 on Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:57 pm

Gage18 wrote:people continually hate on Scuds...i dont get it...he is a solid defensive D-man!

More than solid. He's as reliable as they come, and it's hard to think of anyone I'd want killing my 5 on 3's more.
purelebo84
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:01 am

purelebo84 wrote:
Gage18 wrote:people continually hate on Scuds...i dont get it...he is a solid defensive D-man!

More than solid. He's as reliable as they come, and it's hard to think of anyone I'd want killing my 5 on 3's more.

I'd trade my Be A Pro player in for him in a heartbeat. In fact, i'd take my Be A Pro guy 1 on 5 ahead of any 3 players in the real NHL.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby bhaw on Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:10 am

Good: Goligoski is looking better each game. He still hesitates way too much. He needs to get over the fact that he's on the PP with Sid and Malkin and just shoot the open shots. That's why they are passing to you!!!

Bad: I don't know if it was the camera angles or what, but the entire team looked very very slow. It looked like they were on their 4th game in 3 days. Maybe it's just the angles at the Igloo, but it seemed ridiculous. The PP needs to learn to counter the aggressive PKs they are seeing.

Good: I have to disagree completely with netwolf here about Scuds and Gill. Scuderi is playing great IMO for what he is. You can't replace him on the PK. He is always in the lanes down low. Gill uses his size when he can. In a game like last night, I think being a veteran, he noticed the refs calling tons of penalties (many many phantom ones on both sides) and eased up a bit. When you are 6'9, a poke check is pretty lethal... that's what, 14 feet of wing span when you include the stick :lol: If you go to hit someone, your entire size advantage is minimized. Not to mention, he isn't the quickest fish in the pond (and he knows that).

Additional good: any win vs the Flyers is a good thing :D
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Jerez on Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:29 am

Something good: penny lane :D

Something bad: Mad City Mike :shock:

Something good: Jerez 8-)

(just talking about usual demeanors)
Jerez
ECHL'er