Alexander Frolov Trade Rumor

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Alexander Frolov Trade Rumor

Postby Pitts on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 am

I think it's far, far too early to write Satan off. I'm willing to give him more than a week to fit in.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Doogs on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:26 am

Pitts wrote:I think it's far, far too early to write Satan off. I'm willing to give him more than a week to fit in.

I agree, and I'm not writing him off, just saying, he's not a 2nd liner per se, so if you are trading for a wing for Sid, he becomes expendable... to a degree.
Doogs
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby wallflower on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:29 am

Pitts wrote:I think it's far, far too early to write Satan off. I'm willing to give him more than a week to fit in.

I think it's far too early to write any of the forwards off. I just don't understand how people expect players & lines to have instant chemistry. For as much as Hossa gets brought up, most seem to forget he took a while to gel with Crosby.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby westside on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:58 am

wallflower wrote:

I think it's far too early to write any of the forwards off. I just don't understand how people expect players & lines to have instant chemistry. For as much as Hossa gets brought up, most seem to forget he took a while to gel with Crosby.

I totally agree. I really don't know why so many people are talking about trades and all this madness. It's 4 games into the season and we have a winning record. Sure Sid's not at the top of the scoring charts (have you seen who is?), and Staal missed an open net... OH NOES! Fire MT... Whit is Soff... blah blah blah
westside
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ulf on Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:19 pm

Mad City Mike wrote:
slipshod wrote:Satan was not a bad signing at all.

#1) He wanted to be here

So what. Lots of guys want to be here. I have yet to see evidence of his great desire to be here on the ice.

slipshod wrote:#2) He is cheap

I'll grant that. But he is only cheap if he produces, and I have seen scant evidence that he will yet.

slipshod wrote:#3) If he sucks (which he hasn't and I don't see any signs that he will start to) it's a one year deal, if he doesn't work out, he's gone next year.

So you don't call your supposed first line winger having one goal, one assist, and only six shots in four games despite playing on the number one power play "sucking?" Not to mention his soff, indifferent play? I guess your standards are more lenient than mine.

Sid also has 2 points through 4 games.
with 0 goals...
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby crayz on Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:17 pm

I'll give up Satan and throw in a Mike Yeo
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby The Snapshot on Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:35 pm

Pitts wrote:Nobody will trade for Satan. He's UFA next season and in trade circles that makes him basically worthless.

Not at the trade deadline. He can be moved then in a package or for straight pick(s). That is, assuming he plays better than he has.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Corvidae on Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:23 pm

mikey287 wrote:So what are we giving up for a player as good as Fro that doesn't include Staal?

Malkin is going to LA, and we just have to accept that.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby dman66 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:23 pm

i would love to have frolov. he's a player, and a huge upgrade over satan imo
dman66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby seth on Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:54 pm

LA won't trade frolov
seth
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Firebird on Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:04 pm

Satan and Fedo probably have NTC's anyway.

All 1 year deals usually come with one.

It makes 0 sense to bring them up.
Firebird
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby purelebo84 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:09 pm

I think Staal for Frolov or Gaborik straight up would be a great deal after watching him fail miserably in his first few games back on the wing, if it was absolutely necessary to get them. It'd be nice to work around that, but Staal isn't going to be here long term unless he gets a top six role, which he doesn't seem to be able to handle.

Frolov>Staal.
purelebo84
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby scals37 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:45 pm

why do people think that anyone would trade for satan or fedotenko..... i wouldnt give anything up short of a bag of pucks for players that havent shown signs of improvement and/or are signed for one year and could be picked out of free agency later on
scals37
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby SolidSnake on Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:53 pm

scals37 wrote:why do people think that anyone would trade for satan or fedotenko..... i wouldnt give anything up short of a bag of pucks for players that havent shown signs of improvement and/or are signed for one year and could be picked out of free agency later on

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: X's Infinite
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby scals37 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:58 pm

SolidSnake wrote:
scals37 wrote:why do people think that anyone would trade for satan or fedotenko..... i wouldnt give anything up short of a bag of pucks for players that havent shown signs of improvement and/or are signed for one year and could be picked out of free agency later on

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: X's Infinite

dont misunderstand what im saying, i am in no way writing off either player... i watch with an open mind, but the fact is others are calling for trades and whatnot already, and logically no team will value either of those players right now, its a gamble especially if a player like frolov is at least somewhat valuable to them
scals37
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby LdubsRoot23 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:09 pm

Mad City Mike wrote:
slipshod wrote:Satan was not a bad signing at all.

#1) He wanted to be here

So what. Lots of guys want to be here. I have yet to see evidence of his great desire to be here on the ice.

slipshod wrote:#2) He is cheap

I'll grant that. But he is only cheap if he produces, and I have seen scant evidence that he will yet.

slipshod wrote:#3) If he sucks (which he hasn't and I don't see any signs that he will start to) it's a one year deal, if he doesn't work out, he's gone next year.

So you don't call your supposed first line winger having one goal, one assist, and only six shots in four games despite playing on the number one power play "sucking?" Not to mention his soff, indifferent play? I guess your standards are more lenient than mine.

weren't you one of the folks on this board bashing Sykora after like 8 games?

4 GAMES PEOPLE! If nothing improves within 10 games, then enjoy whining for the rest of the year. I can't believe that people even need to say things like this on the board but every year i've been hear people overreact after a handful of bleeping games...

and as per your "everybody wants to be here" retort, aside from Sykora, where are these mystery players that openly express their desire to play for the penguins? that's right, folks...they don't exist
LdubsRoot23
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pens#1 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:15 pm

Satan and Fedko would be taken by other teams that were looking to have alot of cap space next summer
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby scals37 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:21 pm

pens#1 wrote:Satan and Fedko would be taken by other teams that were looking to have alot of cap space next summer

... so the kings still wouldnt be interested
scals37
AHL'er
AHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins