Help

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Help

Postby Newf on Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:57 pm

Just got in to Pittsburgh this morning and was wondering if someone could help me out. I was wondering what time the players arrived at the arena and if there was any chance of seeing them. If so, where is the best place to see them enter?

Also, I was wondering what time they hold their game day and off day practices, where, and if they are open to the public.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Newf

Re: Information

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:59 pm

Someone will definitely be able to help you. All I know is that most players arrive on the side closest to the new arena and that Sid for sure arrives on the other side, closest to the highway. I'm not really sure what time they arrive. I've been standing there when Sid arrived a few times, but was not sober enough to take note of what time it was.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Information

Postby K2 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:00 pm

Game day, players start getting to the rink around 4, for a 7:30 game. They enter at Gate 2 on Centre Ave. You'll be able to see them enter, but the guys don't sign autographs on the way in. Almost all of their practices are closed to the public, there's an open practice schedule in the navigation bar of the home page I think

Welcome to the Burgh, and enjoy your stay!
K2
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: Help

Postby Jesse on Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:42 pm

Newf wrote:Just got in to Pittsburgh this morning and was wondering if someone could help me out. I was wondering what time the players arrived at the arena and if there was any chance of seeing them. If so, where is the best place to see them enter?

Also, I was wondering what time they hold their game day and off day practices, where, and if they are open to the public.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Newf, your best chance at autographs is after the game. Right across the street from where the empty construction lot is, there is a parking lot that has a large entrance for buses. The players come out of that entrance and if you stand along the fence, they'll often stop by and sign items after the game. I would imagine they've already arrived at the arena by now.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins