Ovechkin changed the game tonight

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Ovechkin changed the game tonight

Postby The U on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:43 pm

KG wrote:
Pitts wrote:
KG wrote:Ovechkin totally changed the game tonight. He led by example. He went out like a nut and laid the wood to the pens.

You're wrong. The ONLY Penguin he was concerned with was his countryman Malkin. Ovechkin was intimidated and jealous of Malkin's accomplishments last season, so he seems hellbent on proving something between the two of them. His personal crusade against Malkin is what put his team behind by 3 goals to begin with since he was concerned with nothing but hurting Malkin.

You don't think his physical play inspired his team at all? It absolutely gave them a jolt...And the pens him get away with it...Even Errey was barking about it....

Yep.

The Pens have been out-physical'd in every game this season. This is a season long issue....not just a one game issue. We need to pick up the intensity. After our long playoff run maybe these games seem like exhibition games to these guys or something.
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Pitts on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:43 pm

KG wrote:
Pitts wrote:
KG wrote:Ovechkin totally changed the game tonight. He led by example. He went out like a nut and laid the wood to the pens.

You're wrong. The ONLY Penguin he was concerned with was his countryman Malkin. Ovechkin was intimidated and jealous of Malkin's accomplishments last season, so he seems hellbent on proving something between the two of them. His personal crusade against Malkin is what put his team behind by 3 goals to begin with since he was concerned with nothing but hurting Malkin.

You don't think his physical play inspired his team at all? It absolutely gave them a jolt...And the pens him get away with it...Even Errey was barking about it....

I do not. Ovechkin spent the entire 1st 2 periods chasing Malkin around the ice. The Caps were down 3-1 at that point. When he settled down a bit and actually tried to create offense in the 3rd, the team responded and begin to come back.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sabres_Fan on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:44 pm

Sabres_Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: Pittsburgh, pa (via Buffalo in a little town known as Pominville)

Postby KG on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:45 pm

You don't think his physical play inspired his team at all? It absolutely gave them a jolt...And the pens him get away with it...Even Errey was barking about it....[/quote]
I do not. Ovechkin spent the entire 1st 2 periods chasing Malkin around the ice. The Caps were down 3-1 at that point. When he settled down a bit and actually tried to create offense in the 3rd, the team responded and begin to come back.[/quote]

Fair enough...Good people can disagree....This isn't the political thread :D
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Pitts on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:45 pm

The U wrote:The Pens have been out-physical'd in every game this season. This is a season long issue....not just a one game issue. We need to pick up the intensity. After our long playoff run maybe these games seem like exhibition games to these guys or something.

They weren't "out-physical'd", they were out-played. PERIOD.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby The U on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:45 pm

Pitts wrote:
The U wrote:The Pens have been out-physical'd in every game this season. This is a season long issue....not just a one game issue. We need to pick up the intensity. After our long playoff run maybe these games seem like exhibition games to these guys or something.

both
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Samsdog on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:46 pm

For KG- There's a default setting to automatically allow the code that makes quotes show up right. Throwing that out there. (Not ragging, I just did after a month of editing every quote I use to allow the code) :D
Last edited by Samsdog on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Samsdog
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Pitts on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:46 pm

The U wrote:
Pitts wrote:

both

No. The only one hitting was Ovechkin. And the only one he was hitting was Malkin. That's not be out-physical'd.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby KG on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:48 pm

Samsdog wrote:For KG- There's a default setting to automatically allow the code that makes quotes show up right. Throwing that out there. (Not ragging, I just did after a month of editing every quote I use to allow the code) :D

Dude, I am so lost when it tells me I can't post when there is 3 or more quotes....I just delete the top one... :roll:
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Jesse on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:49 pm

ZenPenguin wrote:
Member wrote:
Jesse wrote:WRONG.

Ovechkin didn't change the game tonight. The Penguins skating flatfooted and sitting back on their heels changed the game.

If they had actually skated and played the way they did in the first two periods, they win.

Ovechkin did nothing but CHERRY PICK all game. My entire section was screaming at him. More often than not, he was actually OFFSIDES because he was CHERRY PICKING so badly. He did NOTHING this game. He didn't play ONE LICK OF DEFENSE.

The Penguins lost because they stood around and watched for the duration of the third.

Ovechkin. Did. Nothing.

Are you suggesting I'm "retarded" for not overreacting to games and making a total fool of myself on this message board?

Because if that's "retarded", I don't know what you'd call yourself.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby The U on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:50 pm

[/quote]
No. The only one hitting was Ovechkin. And the only one he was hitting was Malkin. That's not be out-physical'd.[/quote]

You need to watch the Ottawa and NJ games again....
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby knives of ice on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:50 pm

i guess pittsburgh is becoming a joke like pretty much every other so called hockey town booing the start of each opposing player. booing ovechkin tonight reminded me of all the road games i've been to where the opposing fans boo crosby every time he touches the puck. last night it was richards. saturday it will be jason blake. i can see richards and blake somewhat, but this is yet another stupid trend this year.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby wallflower on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:50 pm

Pitts wrote:
The U wrote:
Pitts wrote:They weren't "out-physical'd", they were out-played. PERIOD.

both

No. The only one hitting was Ovechkin. And the only one he was hitting was Malkin. That's not be out-physical'd.

But that big meanie head Ovechkin tried to steal Malkin's milk money! And all the other Penguins didn't do anything about it besides cry on the bench.

Isn't that what happened?
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Pitts on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:51 pm

The U wrote:You need to watch the Ottawa and NJ games again....

I thought we were discussing the Washington game here.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Samsdog on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:52 pm

Pitts wrote:

I'm not totally sure what's going on at all anymore.

Can't we all just get along?
Samsdog
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Pitts on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:52 pm

wallflower wrote:But that big meanie head Ovechkin tried to steal Malkin's milk money! And all the other Penguins didn't do anything about it besides cry on the bench.

Yes. I suppose Bissonnette should have gone out and beat the snot out of Ovie so Malkin felt better about the bully.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby The U on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:54 pm

Pitts wrote:

I said we have been getting beat physically all season and that it's becoming a trend. I said I'm not overreacting after this one game and that I'm concerned because we have been on the opposite end of the physical battle every game this season.
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby letsgopens87 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:55 pm

Jesse wrote:WRONG.

Ovechkin didn't change the game tonight. The Penguins skating flatfooted and sitting back on their heels changed the game.

If they had actually skated and played the way they did in the first two periods, they win.

Ovechkin did nothing but CHERRY PICK all game. My entire section was screaming at him. More often than not, he was actually OFFSIDES because he was CHERRY PICKING so badly. He did NOTHING this game. He didn't play ONE LICK OF DEFENSE.

The Penguins lost because they stood around and watched for the duration of the third.

Ovechkin. Did. Nothing.

FTW.
letsgopens87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jesse on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:56 pm

knives of ice wrote:i guess pittsburgh is becoming a joke like pretty much every other so called hockey town booing the start of each opposing player. booing ovechkin tonight reminded me of all the road games i've been to where the opposing fans boo crosby every time he touches the puck. last night it was richards. saturday it will be jason blake. i can see richards and blake somewhat, but this is yet another stupid trend this year.

I was booing Ovechkin, as was everyone in my section, for cherry picking.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby wallflower on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:59 pm

Pitts wrote:
wallflower wrote:But that big meanie head Ovechkin tried to steal Malkin's milk money! And all the other Penguins didn't do anything about it besides cry on the bench.

Yes. I suppose Bissonnette should have gone out and beat the snot out of Ovie so Malkin felt better about the bully.

Well, if Bissonnette did to Ovechkin's face what he did to Bradley's...it might be an improvement. (AO is a great hockey player...but I cannot for the life of me understand how anyone can find him physically attractive.)

Honestly though, Malkin and Malkin alone is the one who has to deal with Ovechkin. Having someone else go after him or another Capital won't change a thing. I thought Malkin handled it well enough - he kept going and concentrated on playing hockey and the score sheet shows that, unlike AO.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby The U on Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:00 am

Not to get off topic, but since we're talking about "physical play" I thought Fedotenko was more gritty than this. He's not that skilled and he's not playing all that tough. I'm not sure what to make of him at this point.
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Samsdog on Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:03 am

The U wrote:Not to get off topic, but since we're talking about "physical play" I thought Fedotenko was more gritty than this. He's not that skilled and he's not playing all that tough. I'm not sure what to make of him at this point.

Steigy called one of his hits "a good hit" and he just kind of skated into the guy. It's been a pattern. I'm ok with it though because he played very well defensively.
Samsdog
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Pitts on Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:13 am

wallflower wrote:I thought Malkin handled it well enough - he kept going and concentrated on playing hockey and the score sheet shows that, unlike AO.

You are correct and I agree.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby meecrofilm on Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:19 am

knives of ice wrote:i guess pittsburgh is becoming a joke like pretty much every other so called hockey town booing the start of each opposing player. booing ovechkin tonight reminded me of all the road games i've been to where the opposing fans boo crosby every time he touches the puck. last night it was richards. saturday it will be jason blake. i can see richards and blake somewhat, but this is yet another stupid trend this year.

Richards has been a ***** everytime we've played the Flyers. It's also the freakin' flyers. They are always booed.

Ovechkin actually wasn't being booed until after he kept on running malkin at every oppurtunity. I bet blake won't even get booed.

Anyways, this is stupid anyways. A lot of fans boo opposing teams. Wow.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Samsdog on Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:21 am

This is getting repetitive. I'm going to drown my sorrows in a case of Miller. Peace.
Samsdog
AHL'er
AHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins