A message to 81 and 26

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: A message to 81 and 26

Postby Eismann on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:12 pm

WWGRD wrote:Satan was good tonight. He was rewarded with a goal.

Lol. He stole the goal from Sykora and wandered most of the night.
Eismann
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby clover11 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:13 pm

newarenanow wrote:
Sometimes I wonder if people post some of the things just to get a rise out of others, or if they truly believe it. If it is the latter, they may have some issues.

I came on here after the loss because I needed a break from school stuff and I knew this would be entertaining and overreaction filled.
clover11

Postby Three Stars on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:15 pm

Is the season over yet? I'm going to be very busy in about a month, and it would be nice to have my nights free from hockey obligations.

If they could just declare the season over, that would work for me. Thanks very much.

Holy sarcasm, Batman
Three Stars
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby clover11 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:17 pm

Three Stars wrote:Is the season over yet? I'm going to be very busy in about a month, and it would be nice to have my nights free from hockey obligations.

If they could just declare the season over, that would work for me. Thanks very much.

Holy sarcasm, Batman

Half of the board has so I think you can guarentee nights free from hockey :wink:
clover11

Postby Three Stars on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:21 pm

Do you think we should have an official "/wrists" thread stickied? We could confine all raging suicidal despair to one official thread.
Three Stars
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby wallflower on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm

Three Stars wrote:Do you think we should have an official "/wrists" thread stickied? We could confine all raging suicidal despair to one official thread.

That would be kind of awesome.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Member on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:23 pm

wallflower wrote:
Three Stars wrote:Do you think we should have an official "/wrists" thread stickied? We could confine all raging suicidal despair to one official thread.

That would be kind of awesome.

An emo Penguins fan thread?
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby clover11 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:23 pm

Three Stars:
People can't stick to the GDT, so i doubt they would stick to an official thread to cry in (sadly)
clover11

Postby newarenanow on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:25 pm

wallflower wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
dman66 wrote:this place is ridiculous after losses

Yes, yes it is. But it is very entertaining though.

Sometimes I wonder if people post some of the things just to get a rise out of others, or if they truly believe it. If it is the latter, they may have some issues.

It's hilarious. I'm just finishing up reading through the game thread and I'm pretty sure quite a few posters keep razor blades on hand for watching Pens games.

I mean, I'm upset we blew a 3-0 lead, and looked lifeless in the 3rd. But it is early. They had a short training camp and not a lot of game experience with each other either. There was a lot of turnover from last years team.

If it is still like this a month or so from now, then we are in trouble. Plus some of the expectations/trades/whatever people come up with are just hilarious/scary. This isn't playstation. Damn video games.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Eismann on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:25 pm

You'd have to put MT in there as the first entrant. He was eighty-gazillion percent more peest about tonight's loss than anyone posting here in make-believe-land.
Eismann
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Three Stars on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:26 pm

clover11 wrote:Three Stars:
People can't stick to the GDT, so i doubt they would stick to an official thread to cry in (sadly)

Ok, Zenpenguin can have his own thread. /Wrists and /WristsZenpenguin.
Three Stars
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby clover11 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:27 pm

Three Stars wrote:

Ironically he didn't make any of the non-GDT tonight. But I do love the idea. Mods should definitly institute that.
clover11

Postby dagny on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:29 pm

Three Stars wrote:

ZenPen's throwing off the juju by not posting his traditional, post-game tirade.

Get with it, ZenPen!!!
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby dman66 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:29 pm

Eismann wrote:

You'd have to put MT in there as the first entrant. He was eighty-gazillion percent more peest about tonight's loss than anyone posting here in make-believe-land.

and he deserves to be. he is the coach lol
dman66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Eismann on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:31 pm

dman66 wrote:
Eismann wrote:

and he deserves to be. he is the coach lol

Ah, now I got it. Coach of team is allowed to be head-boilingly ripped about an embarrassing loss; fans are not. Grazie.
Eismann
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby 25+66+22=#1 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:39 pm

This team as a whole group is having a huge problem with puck support and transition play, especially in the neutral zone. However when diagnosing the First line troubles, it starts with Satan. He is a talented player who obviously has had success in this league in past years. He is not meshing well with Sid, sure some of that may be Sid's fault, but Satan has got to get a better understanding of how to play with him. Colby Armstrong was not the perfect winger for Sid. Why? because he wasn't a finisher. However Colby understood and excelled at one thing. He was good at chipping or passing the puck to Sid in the neutral zone while he had speed to rush the puck into the opposing zone. Satan hasn't done this well at all. It's like he forgets that Sidney's there and tries to carry the play himself. Combine this with his weak play on the boards and you have the results we've been seeing. Only 5 games into the season it may be too early to pull the plug on that combo, but the leash has got to get shorter. If Satan doesn't improve in these areas, their partnership will not work. He may better serve this team as the primary offensive threat on the third line, and of course garner some power play time as well.
25+66+22=#1
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Sabres_Fan on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:41 pm

25+66+22=#1 wrote:This team as a whole group is having a huge problem with puck support and transition play, especially in the neutral zone. However when diagnosing the First line troubles, it starts with Satan. He is a talented player who obviously has had success in this league in past years. He is not meshing well with Sid, sure some of that may be Sid's fault, but Satan has got to get a better understanding of how to play with him. Colby Armstrong was not the perfect winger for Sid. Why? because he wasn't a finisher. However Colby understood and excelled at one thing. He was good at chipping or passing the puck to Sid in the neutral zone while he had speed to rush the puck into the opposing zone. Satan hasn't done this well at all. It's like he forgets that Sidney's there and tries to carry the play himself. Combine this with his weak play on the boards and you have the results we've been seeing. Only 5 games into the season it may be too early to pull the plug on that combo, but the leash has got to get shorter. If Satan doesn't improve in these areas, their partnership will not work. He may better serve this team as the primary offensive threat on the third line, and of course garner some power play time as well.

Who do u put on Crosbys line then? There isnt anyone left. Satan is doing fine
Sabres_Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: Pittsburgh, pa (via Buffalo in a little town known as Pominville)

Postby KG on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:43 pm

Not sure what you all expected from Fedotenko...He is a 3rd line player average at best...He is not a Ryan Malone replacement. I said that the day we signed him...
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby 25+66+22=#1 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:55 pm

Sabres_Fan wrote:
25+66+22=#1 wrote:This team as a whole group is having a huge problem with puck support and transition play, especially in the neutral zone. However when diagnosing the First line troubles, it starts with Satan. He is a talented player who obviously has had success in this league in past years. He is not meshing well with Sid, sure some of that may be Sid's fault, but Satan has got to get a better understanding of how to play with him. Colby Armstrong was not the perfect winger for Sid. Why? because he wasn't a finisher. However Colby understood and excelled at one thing. He was good at chipping or passing the puck to Sid in the neutral zone while he had speed to rush the puck into the opposing zone. Satan hasn't done this well at all. It's like he forgets that Sidney's there and tries to carry the play himself. Combine this with his weak play on the boards and you have the results we've been seeing. Only 5 games into the season it may be too early to pull the plug on that combo, but the leash has got to get shorter. If Satan doesn't improve in these areas, their partnership will not work. He may better serve this team as the primary offensive threat on the third line, and of course garner some power play time as well.

Who do u put on Crosbys line then? There isnt anyone left. Satan is doing fine

I don't really mean to beat down Satan, but his game has not found a match with Crosby's. He has had success in this league playing his way and probably will find it hard to change his game this late in his career. I'm saying he could still have some success but probably not with Sid. It's weird to say but we may find out that Sid may be better served with grinder type players until a better solution presents itself.
25+66+22=#1
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby holeinone on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:58 pm

Like I said before there is a reason that Fedko and Satan the devil played on the Islander team last year. And now everyone is finding out why first hand. They both should go back to long island
holeinone
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby DayWalker on Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:07 am

I'm just going to go ahead and blame the loss-hell, the whole stinkin' season-on Ryan Whitney.

That, and I wanted to be the first person to blame Ryan Whitney for something this season. I am the first, right?
DayWalker
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Samsdog on Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:10 am

DayWalker wrote:I'm just going to go ahead and blame the loss-hell, the whole stinkin' season-on Ryan Whitney.

That, and I wanted to be the first person to blame Ryan Whitney for something this season. I am the first, right?

To be fair, if he hadn't gotten injured none of this would have happened. The moron should have gotten surgery last year, and now we're losing. It's his fault.
Samsdog
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby SolidSnake on Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:13 am

I'm more just shocked and dissappointed. We dominated the first 2 periods and could of embarrassed them in the 3rd and we gave up. It's like the team didn't even care. Honestly there seems to be no leadership on that team. It was like they were playing a pick up game where everyone is doing their own thing.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: "Whatcha you be smokin' cuz? you guys aren't nothing but hoopty"

Postby DayWalker on Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:16 am

Samsdog wrote:
DayWalker wrote:I'm just going to go ahead and blame the loss-hell, the whole stinkin' season-on Ryan Whitney.

To be fair, if he hadn't gotten injured none of this would have happened. The moron should have gotten surgery last year, and now we're losing. It's his fault.

Ryan Whitney and George W. Bush. No, **** it, I am just going to say it is all GWB's fault.
DayWalker
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby DayWalker on Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:16 am

KG wrote:Not sure what you all expected from Fedotenko...He is a 3rd line player average at best...He is not a Ryan Malone replacement. I said that the day we signed him...

Who is this Fedotenko you speak of?
DayWalker
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins