A message to 81 and 26

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: A message to 81 and 26

Postby ru10tu10 on Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:10 am

DayWalker wrote:
Samsdog wrote:
DayWalker wrote:I'm just going to go ahead and blame the loss-hell, the whole stinkin' season-on Ryan Whitney.

That, and I wanted to be the first person to blame Ryan Whitney for something this season. I am the first, right?

To be fair, if he hadn't gotten injured none of this would have happened. The moron should have gotten surgery last year, and now we're losing. It's his fault.

Ryan Whitney and George W. Bush. No, **** it, I am just going to say it is all GWB's fault.

Beat me to it...leave Whitney out of it.
ru10tu10
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Gilmore_Tuttle on Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:52 am

Ich Bin Ron Barr
Gilmore_Tuttle
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby columbia on Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:55 pm

Satan is leading the team in goals and 3rd in scoring.
(Kennedy is 4th in scoring, to put things in perspective.)
You guys are a tough crowd.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby matto514 on Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:21 pm

Satan is just like Sykora, yet everyone continues to give Sykora a free pass. They are both sniper types, who can't and don't handle the puck much, and are soft on the boards.

I think SabresFan mentioned it earlier, but this is what Satan has done for years...albeit his years on the Island were far less productive than when he was in Buffalo.

Anyway, the sooner everyone comes to grip with the fact that Satan is not Hossa, the better off we'll all be.
matto514
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby KG on Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:23 pm

matto514 wrote:Satan is just like Sykora, yet everyone continues to give Sykora a free pass. They are both sniper types, who can't and don't handle the puck much, and are soft on the boards.

I think SabresFan mentioned it earlier, but this is what Satan has done for years...albeit his years on the Island were far less productive than when he was in Buffalo.

Anyway, the sooner everyone comes to grip with the fact that Satan is not Hossa, the better off we'll all be.

QFT. Satan and Sykora are streaky scorers. They are what they are...
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:24 pm

matto514 wrote:Satan is just like Sykora, yet everyone continues to give Sykora a free pass. They are both sniper types, who can't and don't handle the puck much, and are soft on the boards.

Actually Satan can very effectively handle the puck. He is pretty soft on the boards though.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Killiecrankie on Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:32 pm

Absolutely wrong; Satan can and does carry the puck through the neutral zone and is able to create plays on his own. Sykora is useless at all areas of the game except for shooting the puck. If it wasn't for Malkin I sincerely doubt Sykora would even be back with the Pens.

Satan is a decent NHL player who is a little soft and is not the best in corners.

Sykora is a marginal NHL player who needs someone to "leech" off of to contribute offensively. This is probably his last season in the National Hockey League.
Killiecrankie

Postby Waffles on Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:35 pm

Gilmore_Tuttle wrote:Ich Bin Ron Barr

Ich Bin Ron Barr
Waffles
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Gilmore_Tuttle on Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:45 pm

Waffles wrote:

Ich Bin Ron Barr

Touche!
Gilmore_Tuttle
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Waffles on Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:47 pm

Gilmore_Tuttle wrote:
Waffles wrote:

Ich Bin Ron Barr

Touche!

you broke my combo.
Waffles
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:31 pm

Killiecrankie wrote:

Absolutely wrong; Satan can and does carry the puck through the neutral zone and is able to create plays on his own. Sykora is useless at all areas of the game except for shooting the puck. If it wasn't for Malkin I sincerely doubt Sykora would even be back with the Pens.

Satan is a decent NHL player who is a little soft and is not the best in corners.

Sykora is a marginal NHL player who needs someone to "leech" off of to contribute offensively. This is probably his last season in the National Hockey League.

While I agree that he is wrong, you are probably even further off with your evaluation of Sykora. A marginal NHL player? You have no idea what you are talking about here, but at least you're consistent.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kovy27 on Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:33 pm

What the flying horse manure are you talking about?
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby KG on Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:35 pm

Kovy27 wrote:What the flying horse manure are you talking about?

Kovy, have you not been around much lately? or have I had my head stuck up the can of the political thread too long?
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:36 pm

KG wrote:

Kovy, have you not been around much lately? or have I had my head stuck up the can of the political thread too long?

Yes.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kovy27 on Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:44 pm

KG wrote:

I haven't been around at all. The new job has me running around Pittsburgh all day...and well, things have changed in my personal life...so, yes...I've been away from the board a lot.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby KG on Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:59 pm

Kovy27 wrote:
KG wrote:

I haven't been around at all. The new job has me running around Pittsburgh all day...and well, things have changed in my personal life...so, yes...I've been away from the board a lot.

Yeah, best of luck...boards on not the same w/out you around...No offense Idoit :wink:
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Kovy27 on Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:18 pm

KG wrote:Yeah, best of luck...boards on not the same w/out you around...No offense Idoit :wink:

As the winter comes along...I will be around. Nothing stops my love for our flightless birds.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Billkamm on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:04 pm

If the Penguins were run like the Cleveland Browns then Satan And Fedotenko would be benched based on this thread.
Billkamm
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby WWGRD on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:06 pm

Eismann wrote:
WWGRD wrote:Satan was good tonight. He was rewarded with a goal.

Lol. He stole the goal from Sykora and wandered most of the night.

Do you expect him to be physical and hit?

He's never played that way. He just scores goals.
WWGRD
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby PittPensFan on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:20 pm

WWGRD wrote:
Eismann wrote:
WWGRD wrote:Satan was good tonight. He was rewarded with a goal.

Lol. He stole the goal from Sykora and wandered most of the night.

Do you expect him to be physical and hit?

He's never played that way. He just scores goals.

Bah, he's supposed to be Kevin Stevens.
PittPensFan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby André on Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:42 am

Kovy27 wrote:
KG wrote:

Whipped!
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Easton on Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:18 am

Killiecrankie wrote:

Well your first two words summed up your post perfectly. Absolutely wrong.

His last season in the NHL? Unless he decides to retire, or he has a career-ending injury, I'd be willing to bet my next year's worth of paychecks that this isn't his last year in the NHL. That's such a foolish statement.
Easton
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Mongoose87 on Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:22 am

Billkamm wrote:If the Penguins were run like the Cleveland Browns then Satan And Fedotenko would be benched based on this thread.

And the Penguins would be in Baltimore.
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Burnaby_Joe on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:58 pm

Killiecrankie wrote:Sykora is a marginal NHL player who needs someone to "leech" off of to contribute offensively. This is probably his last season in the National Hockey League.

(sound of falling of off chair)
Burnaby_Joe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins