Satan

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Satan

Postby Henry Hank on Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:57 pm

Also keep in mind he was mostly playing against sub-AHL talent. I love that Pesonen is in the system, and he may come through down the road, but in all likelihood he could just as easily do nothing and be forgotten.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Burnaby_Joe on Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:03 pm

Henry Hank wrote:Also keep in mind he was mostly playing against sub-AHL talent. I love that Pesonen is in the system, and he may come through down the road, but in all likelihood he could just as easily do nothing and be forgotten.

I agree, anything is possible, and all I wanted to point out his potential. That's why I said that in the long run, and only if he develops his "NHL legs" proper way, he could be that Sid's winger everyone is looking for.
Burnaby_Joe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Burnaby_Joe on Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:17 pm

BTW, happy birthday Old Scratch! :D
Burnaby_Joe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jesse on Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:19 pm

All that aside, it doesn't make the statement that Pesonen is as good of a scorer as Satan any more viable. It's absurd at best.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Burnaby_Joe on Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:21 pm

Jesse wrote:All that aside, it doesn't make the statement that Pesonen is as good of a scorer as Satan any more viable. It's absurd at best.

Oh for a Petes sake!

No, Jesse, I didn't imply he IS as good scorer as Miro..............just that he HAS POTENTIAL..........
Burnaby_Joe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jesse on Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:30 pm

I was just reading what your original post said. Verbatim.

Regardless, I'm not concerned for Satan. I think he's going to have a huge year here. I pegged Fedotenko to be a little better than he has been, though. He's been physical in the boards but he seems to have a hard time keeping pucks in the zone or getting good shots on net. The third period against Boston he had a point blank one timer chance from the near circle that nearly beat Thomas, and I'd say that was the closest he's coming scoring all year.

I love the Satan 4 - Hossa 1 post from the other night.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:32 pm

Burnaby_Joe wrote:
Jesse wrote:All that aside, it doesn't make the statement that Pesonen is as good of a scorer as Satan any more viable. It's absurd at best.

Oh for a Petes sake!

No, Jesse, I didn't imply he IS as good scorer as Miro..............just that he HAS POTENTIAL..........

How should we interpret this then?

Burnaby_Joe wrote:Pez is as good scorer as Miro is, plus he's wicked fast.....

You're right, you didn't imply that, you were very explicit.

Why should we read any post you make if you don't mean what you are saying?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Burnaby_Joe on Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:40 pm

Jesse wrote:I was just reading what your original post said. Verbatim.

Regardless, I'm not concerned for Satan. I think he's going to have a huge year here. I pegged Fedotenko to be a little better than he has been, though. He's been physical in the boards but he seems to have a hard time keeping pucks in the zone or getting good shots on net. The third period against Boston he had a point blank one timer chance from the near circle that nearly beat Thomas, and I'd say that was the closest he's coming scoring all year.

Well, english ain't my first language, so I might have used wrong analogy...........regardless, Pesonen just started in NHL, and Miro is a NHL vet.........Pez could end up being as productive, or even more, or could just flop...........but looking at his stats, you can't deny he has a tons of potential. Miro is one of my all time favorites, and I really had hard time reading all the negativity about him for the first couple of games.

Fed, in the other hand, I agree, has been a mixed bag. He might be having hard time adjusting, I don't know.
Burnaby_Joe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jesse on Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:45 pm

Burnaby,

Hard to argue with 4 goals so far. I don't know where a lot of the negativity comes from. This entire city is negative about this team sometimes. I heard a guy on Madden's show yesterday ask when we were going to make trades because we aren't as good as last year. We're 4-2-1. Not sure how that's worse than last year!
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Burnaby_Joe on Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:46 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
Burnaby_Joe wrote:

Oh for a Petes sake!

How should we interpret this then?

Burnaby_Joe wrote:Pez is as good scorer as Miro is, plus he's wicked fast.....

You're right, you didn't imply that, you were very explicit.

Why should we read any post you make if you don't mean what you are saying?

Again, I probably didn't choose the right words......
Burnaby_Joe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Burnaby_Joe on Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:51 pm

Jesse wrote:Burnaby,

Hard to argue with 4 goals so far. I don't know where a lot of the negativity comes from. This entire city is negative about this team sometimes. I heard a guy on Madden's show yesterday ask when we were going to make trades because we aren't as good as last year. We're 4-2-1. Not sure how that's worse than last year!

All I can say is, that this city never ceases to amaze me. :D
Burnaby_Joe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Mongoose87 on Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:56 pm

Burnaby_Joe wrote:
Jesse wrote:I was just reading what your original post said. Verbatim.

Well, english ain't my first language, so I might have used wrong analogy...........regardless, Pesonen just started in NHL, and Miro is a NHL vet.........Pez could end up being as productive, or even more, or could just flop...........but looking at his stats, you can't deny he has a tons of potential. Miro is one of my all time favorites, and I really had hard time reading all the negativity about him for the first couple of games.

Fed, in the other hand, I agree, has been a mixed bag. He might be having hard time adjusting, I don't know.

I wouldn't call Fed a mixed bag. He's been pretty consistently useless.
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Kicksave on Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:16 pm

Thats awesome.

Enlgish isn't your first languge, but you've picked up words like 'aint' already.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Burnaby_Joe on Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:26 pm

Kicksave wrote:Thats awesome.

Enlgish isn't your first languge, but you've picked up words like 'aint' already.

ooook............and why is "aint" so special?! :D
Burnaby_Joe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:02 pm

Burnaby_Joe wrote:

Because its not a word.

Pittsburgh message board for the win.

EDIT: And yes, I know the term isn't specific to Pittsburgh.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Burnaby_Joe on Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:09 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
Burnaby_Joe wrote:

Because its not a word.

Pittsburgh message board for the win.

EDIT: And yes, I know the term isn't specific to Pittsburgh.

Kicksave just said it is :D
Burnaby_Joe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:17 pm

Kicksave is wrong. Always wrong.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins