"Student Rush" Night this Thursday

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

"Student Rush" Night this Thursday

Postby Admin on Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:35 pm

Admin
Site Admin

Re: "Student Rush" Night this Thursday

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:58 pm

Interesting. I didn't know they were reserving tickets (600!) for specific games, just for students. Two Carolina games, LA Kings and the Flyers.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Shyster on Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:19 pm

Bah, why one of the Philly games? A lot of the students trying to get into that game are going to be Flyers fans themselves.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Admin on Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:41 pm

Shyster wrote:Bah, why one of the Philly games? A lot of the students trying to get into that game are going to be Flyers fans themselves.

I don't get the Flyer game being one of them either.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby blackjack68 on Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:44 pm

Admin wrote:
Shyster wrote:Bah, why one of the Philly games? A lot of the students trying to get into that game are going to be Flyers fans themselves.

Yeah, that has to be one of the more "popular" games. Wonder why they picked it.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Why So Serious? on Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:11 pm

I went to the Pens-Flyers game last Tuesday. And there was high availability for Student Rush that night. And I honestly think there were more Flyers fans in that line than Pens fans. However, I doubt a high majority even got in, since a lot of them were stuck towards the back of the line. But yeah, interesting to make it a Flyers game -- I'm not a big fan of that being one of the games either.
Why So Serious?
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:12 pm

blackjack68 wrote:
Admin wrote:

Yeah, that has to be one of the more "popular" games. Wonder why they picked it.

Maybe they were just trying to be nice. It would be really cool if they intentionally held tickets for a flyers game rather then that just happening to be one of the ones that got saved.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby blackjack68 on Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:21 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
blackjack68 wrote:

Maybe they were just trying to be nice. It would be really cool if they intentionally held tickets for a flyers game rather then that just happening to be one of the ones that got saved.

Yeah, I don't think that happens by accident. Maybe they are some decent folks who held back tix for a good game.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:23 pm

I hope my friends try to rush it, i'll go stand in line and drink with them. I did it a few times last year, its always a good time in line.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby socket on Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:59 am

Oh the good old days of there being 10 people in line and being able to get 2 tickets with a single student id. I remember hearing all kinds of complaints about student rush back then from the season ticket babies. And that was when there were 8000 people at games sometimes. I think anything to fill up the arena back then was a good thing. :-)

RRRRRICO FATA!
socket
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby jimjom on Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:02 pm

Yeah one of the biggest Student Rush detractors was Dejan Kovacevic when he was handling the Q&A. During the lean years I would go to over 20 games with this rush plan. I would sit in B-32 typically, and anything less or higher up was a disappointment, the team was that bad.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:14 pm

I can't see why Student Rush would have any detractors, especially during the lean years. Having loud 20-somethings in the stands can only be a good thing.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby PensHckyFan79 on Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:21 pm

Maybe to a die hard pens fan like myself that is in college would really like to see a game against the hated Flyers...I mean i would and still am going to try for the cane's and king's games but if i had to pick i would want to go to a game against the flyers so i can boo richards and the rest of those bums and watch the pens at the same time.
PensHckyFan79
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Shyster on Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:40 pm

PensHckyFan79 wrote:Maybe to a die hard pens fan like myself that is in college would really like to see a game against the hated Flyers...I mean i would and still am going to try for the cane's and king's games but if i had to pick i would want to go to a game against the flyers so i can boo richards and the rest of those bums and watch the pens at the same time.

Fair enough, fair enough. What you need to do now is go and get 600 other Pens fans and get in line for tickets tonight. Classes on Wednesday and Thursday can't be more important than keeping Flyers fans out of the building, right? :lol:
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby jimjom on Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:44 pm

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:I can't see why Student Rush would have any detractors, especially during the lean years. Having loud 20-somethings in the stands can only be a good thing.

I never understood it either, maybe just a case of the old guard refusing to accept change. Some would rather get in and out of their seats and parking spots faster than see other people have fun in an exciting environment or even have fun themselves.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:58 pm

socket wrote:Oh the good old days of there being 10 people in line and being able to get 2 tickets with a single student id. I remember hearing all kinds of complaints about student rush back then from the season ticket babies. And that was when there were 8000 people at games sometimes. I think anything to fill up the arena back then was a good thing. :-)

RRRRRICO FATA!

I never remember there only being 10 people in line, but that 2 tickets for 1 ID and $20 was clutch. Then they not only shifted it to 2 IDs, but $20 a ticket. This was before they even got Crosby too which was the most annoying part.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby skullman80 on Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:38 pm

I remember when Rush tickets were only 16$, and you could get two per ID. Plus you get them in advance at Duqense or one other record store up near Duq.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:41 pm

I don't remember that, its either before I started going or equally possible that I simply remember giving them a $20 and forgot about getting change back. But Duquesne started the Rush program didn't they? Or I guess co-started it, the pens were obviously involved.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby skullman80 on Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:56 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:I don't remember that, its either before I started going or equally possible that I simply remember giving them a $20 and forgot about getting change back. But Duquesne started the Rush program didn't they? Or I guess co-started it, the pens were obviously involved.

Duquesne was involved, they may have even started it. I remember getting rush tickets for this game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40KX2ssMCGE

I was in section B2 that day .. that was the game Jagr buried that GWG in OT. Fun times. Fun times. I still have my ticket stub for that game lol. Even shows the 16$ cost lol. Seems so long ago, that was 2 days before my 16th birthday lol.

skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:11 pm

Nice, I probably didn't start doing it till 2001. Actually I know I did it before Lemieux's comeback so thats probably about right.

I tried to find my old tickets, but it looks like they might have got thrown away, I only have the ones since i've had a ticket plan. I did find a sweet Styx and Foreigner concert ticket from a few years ago though.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby blackjack68 on Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:21 pm

skullman80 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:I don't remember that, its either before I started going or equally possible that I simply remember giving them a $20 and forgot about getting change back. But Duquesne started the Rush program didn't they? Or I guess co-started it, the pens were obviously involved.

Duquesne was involved, they may have even started it. I remember getting rush tickets for this game...

I was in section B2 that day .. that was the game Jagr buried that GWG in OT. Fun times. Fun times. I still have my ticket stub for that game lol. Even shows the 16$ cost lol. Seems so long ago, that was 2 days before my 16th birthday lol.

That almost makes me sick. I was in B32 for the playoffs last year (Rags series) and didn't pay anything close to $16. In nine year's time tickets have gone up 1000%.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:21 pm

blackjack68 wrote:
skullman80 wrote:

That almost makes me sick. I was in B32 for the playoffs last year (Rags series) and didn't pay anything close to $16. In nine year's time tickets have gone up 1000%.

That was a rush ticket, not gate price.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby blackjack68 on Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:27 pm

Rush tickets for playoffs?!?!

That's crazy talk.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Cagsjr724 on Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:31 pm

my cousin is in town. he is from pittsburgh but goes to school in missouri. he wants to go to the game but do they accept out of market/state studen i.d. ?
Cagsjr724
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:34 pm

I'm sure they do, they aren't the Capitals. I used a Duquesne ID to get into a Braves game a couple years ago.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins