"Student Rush" Night this Thursday

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: "Student Rush" Night this Thursday

Postby Cagsjr724 on Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:36 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:I'm sure they do, they aren't the Capitals. I used a Duquesne ID to get into a Braves game a couple years ago.

good deal. thanks man
Cagsjr724
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:38 pm

Cagsjr724 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:I'm sure they do, they aren't the Capitals. I used a Duquesne ID to get into a Braves game a couple years ago.

good deal. thanks man

From the pens website:

Penguins Student Rush tickets go on sale one hour before game time at the Mellon Arena Gate Eight (8) Box Office. Just bring your valid Student ID and $20 cash. Limit one (1) ticket per student ID. Get there early for the best tickets!

http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app/?servi ... tudentrush

So it definitely looks like any valid student ID will be good for sure. Just so you don't have to simply go off my word.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Cagsjr724 on Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:40 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
Cagsjr724 wrote:

good deal. thanks man

From the pens website:

Penguins Student Rush tickets go on sale one hour before game time at the Mellon Arena Gate Eight (8) Box Office. Just bring your valid Student ID and $20 cash. Limit one (1) ticket per student ID. Get there early for the best tickets!

http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app/?servi ... tudentrush

So it definitely looks like any valid student ID will be good for sure. Just so you don't have to simply go off my word.

sounds good. we plan on getting in line around 3:30 i didnt want him to wait in line 3+ hours to get turned away
Cagsjr724
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Senka on Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:44 pm

blackjack68 wrote:
Admin wrote:
Shyster wrote:Bah, why one of the Philly games? A lot of the students trying to get into that game are going to be Flyers fans themselves.

I don't get the Flyer game being one of them either.

Yeah, that has to be one of the more "popular" games. Wonder why they picked it.

not really... the first game tickets were offered to me, and really didnt have as much interest as you'd think... I mean i like the games, but unless its game 7 or 8 of the series, idk... its another game. besides... Student Rush sections always go crazy -- why not for a Flyers game?
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby skullman80 on Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:55 pm

blackjack68 wrote:Rush tickets for playoffs?!?!

That's crazy talk.

Rush tickets for playoff games did exist back then. I got them for the following series too(Leafs). You had to get their super early, and it was never a sure thing, but it could be done. The Devils series though... tough time selling out. I don't even think that Game 6 I was at was a sell out to be honest.. 15k and chance. This was when the whole bankruptcy thing was going on though... Until Jagr tied and then won the game.. I was sitting there thinking it would be last time I would see the Pens on Mellon Arena ice.

That feeling then happened again in the Leafs series, after Gary Valk beat Barasso in OT ending the season.....it was tough walking out that day.

Things worked out though in the end, though it took almost 7 or 8 more years to actually get the arena thing going.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby socket on Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:23 am

Yeah, I don't think people realize how popular this team is now. It's weird. They're more popular than the 91-93 teams. It's bizarre, but awesome. Hockey is the best. It's about time people started getting into it. Thanks Crosby.
socket
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby knives of ice on Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:08 am

whats funny is that so many people think that tickets are impossible to get. none of the games aside from the opener have been a standing room only sellout. tickets were still available for all of them at face value or below face all over the place. basically, if you want to go to the game its not hard to get tickets.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby JeffDFD on Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:35 am

knives of ice wrote:whats funny is that so many people think that tickets are impossible to get. none of the games aside from the opener have been a standing room only sellout. tickets were still available for all of them at face value or below face all over the place. basically, if you want to go to the game its not hard to get tickets.

Yeah, I've seen plenty of people buying tickets at the gate, but I think every game so far has been SRO sellout so I dont know how fast they go.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby penny lane on Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:47 am

I have a college work ID and the only game I did student rush for was the early October 06 game~
the magic Sid to Evgeni pass-goal that made Brodeur spin like a ballerina. :)
It also was the 1st time in years...years that the penguins were briefly sniffing at 1st place.

Student rush folks alway adds spice to the crowds.

People have their reasons, but at the games fans leaving with 8/5 mins left in the games.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Eismann on Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:55 am

Not all SRO; close, but not the 17,132.

On a related topic, I think it's been mentioned before, but the Pens/Ticketbastard have upped the minimum selling price for sth's selling their tix on the Pens Ticket Exchange. Example: sth price for my last-row-of-the-joint seat is $22. The gate price of the ticket is now around $46, which is the minimum that I'm forced to "list" the ticket for on the Exchange. I say "list", because after the 15% (iirc) that Pens/TB tack on, the new price that a buyer sees is $52.90. To me, $52.90 for that seat is simply outrageous. I'll be listing more on the ticket selling thread here and maybe ebay, because I'm really just looking to recover the cost. Doesn't help that I have a single ticket, but the forced price inflation does not help.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby socket on Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:22 pm

Once they sell all the seats it's a SRO sellout. 17,132 is a complete SRO with all standing spots sold.
socket
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins