Hal Gil Injured

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Hal Gil Injured

Postby DMcGrew on Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:59 pm

On the X this morning Benz said Gill has some type of finger injury.. so I guess it's nothing too serious.
DMcGrew
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,046
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:48 pm

Re: Hal Gil Injured

Postby Corvidae on Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:12 pm

DMcGrew wrote:On the X this morning Benz said Gill has some type of finger injury.. so I guess it's nothing too serious.


What if he lost his finger? THAT would be serious!
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,111
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:47 am

Re: Hal Gil Injured

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:50 pm

spi wrote:
laholm64 wrote:It's obvious Therien doesn't like Sydor, so can't we trade him?


Why do you say Therien does not like Sydor???


Aren't you paying attention? If you are a defenseman, and Therrien plays you as a forward, you know the coach doesn't like you. ;)
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,350
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: Roger Roger.

Re: Hal Gil Injured

Postby Mongoose87 on Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:09 pm

Corvidae wrote:
DMcGrew wrote:On the X this morning Benz said Gill has some type of finger injury.. so I guess it's nothing too serious.


What if he lost his finger? THAT would be serious!


We could trade Toronto for one.
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,908
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:04 pm
Location: The breakfast table of TRIUMPH!

Re: Hal Gil Injured

Postby pensfan20 on Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:33 pm

Eismann wrote:Darez nutting wrong....wit....Sydor. He's a veteran.....plair.....An now....he'll be called on to provide...da leedership on da blue line....

also Sydor is Soffer than Hal but you cant eat your cake and have it too.. ahh, wait, dat failed
pensfan20
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,040
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:11 am
Location: Johnstown PA

Re: Hal Gil Injured

Postby IrishEyes on Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:00 pm

So why did MT have to shuffle ALL the D pairings? I really liked Brooksie and Tangers together... and now we're back to Brooksie and Scuds. I mean, I really think that both Brooks and Scuds have vastly improved their games since they were last paired together, but if it ain't broke, why fix it?
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,264
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:59 pm
Location: Damn the Man! Save the Empire!

Re: Hal Gil Injured

Postby meecrofilm on Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:22 pm

IrishEyes wrote:So why did MT have to shuffle ALL the D pairings? I really liked Brooksie and Tangers together... and now we're back to Brooksie and Scuds. I mean, I really think that both Brooks and Scuds have vastly improved their games since they were last paired together, but if it ain't broke, why fix it?


Well to fair, we haven't exactly been limiting opponents to good scoring chances. Most of our accumulated points can be attributed to spectacular goaltending. I don't even know how many games (if any) we've outshot our opponents.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,627
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:09 pm
Location: Filly don't do rebounds.

Re: Hal Gil Injured

Postby IrishEyes on Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:30 pm

meecrofilm wrote:
IrishEyes wrote:So why did MT have to shuffle ALL the D pairings? I really liked Brooksie and Tangers together... and now we're back to Brooksie and Scuds. I mean, I really think that both Brooks and Scuds have vastly improved their games since they were last paired together, but if it ain't broke, why fix it?


Well to fair, we haven't exactly been limiting opponents to good scoring chances. Most of our accumulated points can be attributed to spectacular goaltending. I don't even know how many games (if any) we've outshot our opponents.


True, I guess. I just want the D to work on getting decent passes out of the zone. That's all I ask for.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,264
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:59 pm
Location: Damn the Man! Save the Empire!

Re: Hal Gil Injured

Postby MikeS on Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:44 pm

Mongoose87 wrote:
Corvidae wrote:
DMcGrew wrote:On the X this morning Benz said Gill has some type of finger injury.. so I guess it's nothing too serious.


What if he lost his finger? THAT would be serious!


We could trade Toronto for one.


Can't we just give Gill one of Sydor's fingers?
MikeS
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:45 pm
Location: Johnstown, PA

Re: Hal Gil Injured

Postby Elementary Penguin on Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:38 am

AlexPKeaton wrote:
lol how often in your life do you ever need to type the word "prophet"?


Image
Elementary Penguin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:37 am
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: Hal Gil Injured

Postby pfim on Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:04 am

Steigy mentioned in the second period I believe that the Pens' transition game was very good. And I thought, "no Hal Gill."
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,789
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:35 am
Location: Sitting in front of my computer

Re: Hal Gil Injured

Postby wallflower on Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:18 am

pfim wrote:Steigy mentioned in the second period I believe that the Pens' transition game was very good. And I thought, "no Hal Gill."

More specifically, there wasn't the Gill/Scuderi pairing.

They do a lot of things well together but getting the puck out of the zone is not one of them.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,913
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Hal Gil Injured

Postby KG on Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:20 am

wallflower wrote:
pfim wrote:Steigy mentioned in the second period I believe that the Pens' transition game was very good. And I thought, "no Hal Gill."

More specifically, there wasn't the Gill/Scuderi pairing.

They do a lot of things well together but getting the puck out of the zone is not one of them.


Agreed. I also don't like that MT plays that pairing with Sid all the time...
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,979
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:53 am
Location: NY

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BleuLineLady, Great58, Headshot77 and 22 guests


e-mail