Jordan Staal

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Jordan Staal

Postby Why So Serious? on Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:42 pm

....was a completely different player out there tonight. He was strong on the puck, shot the puck hard, and made some nice passes. I think this is the start of the turnaround for Jordan Staal. Kid can play hockey.
Why So Serious?
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Jordan Staal

Postby Kicksave on Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:42 pm

Which was mentioned in the GDT, by numerous people.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Why So Serious? on Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:44 pm

Kicksave wrote:Which was mentioned in the GDT, by numerous people.

I realize that, but I thought this merited its own thread. Just so those Staal-bashers don't have to go thru the GDT to find out about what everyone thought about Staal.
Why So Serious?
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:51 pm

Why So Serious? wrote:

I realize that, but I thought this merited its own thread. Just so those Staal-bashers don't have to go thru the GDT to find out about what everyone thought about Staal.

Well this game shouldn't change anything that the Staal-bashers said. Anyone that complained about knee-jerk reactions shouldn't be saying anything yet. He had a great game outside of the pass, and hopefully this is the start of a turnaround, but this really shouldn't change anyone's opinion.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby littlemoonboot on Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:52 pm

Maybe the really bad Boston game plus playing against his brother today sobered him up. :)

Seriously, I hope you're right about this being a turnaround for him. Criticisms aside we still should be rooting for the guy as long as he's a Penguin.
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby newarenanow on Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:14 pm

Staal did have a pretty nice game. Hopefully it is the beginning of something.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby purelebo84 on Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:19 pm

I agree it was easily his best game of the year.

He pretty much made the play for Fedo on that goal. He still refuses to shoot (except at bars), but that's OK if he'll be setting up goals like that every time.
purelebo84
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:09 am

tombarrassorules wrote:come on kicksave. dont be a board nazi. not everyone can spend their life reading every post on every LGP thread. let the singer have some.

kicksave is the official appointer of appropriate thread. its ok for lgp clique members to make stupid nonsensical joke threads about danny sabourin being the starter, but no one is allowed to make a legitimate thread about a relevant topic.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:10 am

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:
tombarrassorules wrote:come on kicksave. dont be a board nazi. not everyone can spend their life reading every post on every LGP thread. let the singer have some.

kicksave is the official appointer of appropriate thread. its ok for lgp clique members to make stupid nonsensical joke threads about danny sabourin being the starter, but no one is allowed to make a legitimate thread about a relevant topic.

That is correct sir.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby meecrofilm on Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:11 am

I hope this play continues.

Funny how the first season he flourished as wing, then year two people were citing his poor play due to playing center and clamoring forhim to be back at wing. Now, if this keeps up, it looks like center may be the best fit for Staal after all.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby littlemoonboot on Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:14 am

I heard that Ryan Malone texted him. "LOL rembr its a cntrct yr + dnt nd up whr i am"
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby pensfan20 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:36 am

He had a great game. On both sides of the puck. He didnt take any stupid penalties. This is what people expect from him for the most part. If he continues this type of play, goal or no goals, people will be happy with him. Although, there will always be the ones, who think no matter how he plays at center, will not fit into long term plans of the pens under the cap. How he plays at wing is another story. But then again if Geno stays up on wing, maybe we do need another 2nd line center.. damn im all confused now...
pensfan20
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby gregor on Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:12 am

I never read the GDT past the first page or two. too long and to much [kittens].

I'd bet there are a lot of folks like me reading this board.
gregor
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pens4Life on Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:54 am

We all hope this is the break-thru for this season,now he will actualy play up to his expectations..
I hope he finishes the season with at least 15-20 goals and around 30A,soo to be close to 50pts mark
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby bhaw on Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:50 am

Idoit40fans wrote:
KennyTheKangaroo wrote:

That is correct sir.

I think after this game, we need a thread... Is Staal the next Gretzky? :lol:
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby penny lane on Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:53 am

Why So Serious? wrote:....was a completely different player out there tonight. He was strong on the puck, shot the puck hard, and made some nice passes. I think this is the start of the turnaround for Jordan Staal. Kid can play hockey.

Exactly~ I thought I was going to see headline~ successful exorcism at the igloo in pre game skate!
:)

It's good to see you back Jordan Staal! :!:
Game he played last night is the type of game that earned him a spot as a rookie. Add in some scoring and he is part of the core needed to go far into the play-offs.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby AlexPKeaton on Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:54 am

littlemoonboot wrote:I heard that Ryan Malone texted him. "LOL rembr its a cntrct yr + dnt nd up whr i am"

LOL
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby czwalga on Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:56 am

He had a great game. Still doesn't change the fact that he doesn't fit on this team unless he will be come a permanent winger.
czwalga
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby PenguinSteve-o on Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:58 am

1. why cant he play like that every game? ok so your at wing, dosnt mean you cant play tough and skillfully there either.
2. and congrads on finding your place eventually on the 3rd line center, or as long as 71/87 are on the same line, youll get the 2nd line center.
PenguinSteve-o
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby tluke53 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:00 am

It seems like he has spent a lot of time trying to become a better puck distributor. You can see it in his play that he was thinking pass first all night. If he plays more games filling that role he should stay at center and Malkin should stay at wing with Sid. Those two together seem like they could score a goal or two every night.
tluke53
AHL'er
AHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins