Good defensive last 3 games

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Good defensive last 3 games

Postby Pens4Life on Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:08 am

We only received 3 goals in last 3 games,which is pretty good and we are playing without Gonch,Whit and Gill! Which proves that we have a lot of d-sive depth. Good goaltending,responsible play by forwards also helps here a lot... Also last night pairs were good match for future games too.
Orpik - Scuds
Eaton - Letang
Gogo - Syd
When Gill returns,just put him to Syd*s spot..
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Good defensive last 3 games

Postby joopen on Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:42 am

I was never really a fan of Suds and Gill together. Neither one of them can really skate all that well, nor are they very adept at initial passing to start a break. Orpik has shown that he can skate in the past and this year his passing seems to be much improved. I like the mix up.
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby DelPen on Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:14 am

Orpik was free to roam last night with Scuds covering for him and I think Letang was also more agressive with Eaton. Sydor also played well with Gogo. It's a good balance right now. I guess we will see if Gogo continues to improve in his own end when he is paired with Gill and I think they will be fine. It will be nice going into the playoffs with this:

Orpik-Gonchar
Whitney-Scuds
Eaton-Letang
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:48 am

DelPen wrote:Orpik-Gonchar
Whitney-Scuds
Eaton-Letang

That's just awesome....
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shmenguin on Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:07 am

DelPen wrote:Orpik was free to roam last night with Scuds covering for him and I think Letang was also more agressive with Eaton. Sydor also played well with Gogo. It's a good balance right now. I guess we will see if Gogo continues to improve in his own end when he is paired with Gill and I think they will be fine. It will be nice going into the playoffs with this:

Orpik-Gonchar
Whitney-Scuds
Eaton-Letang

so how long until the first "Whitney sucks, bring back gogo thread"? 2...maybe 3 shifts?
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins