Will Fleury get his?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Will Fleury get his?

Postby Armyrulez on Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:55 am

I woke up my daughter yelling shoot when Fleury got that puck behind the net, does anyone think he'll net one, ever?
Armyrulez
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Will Fleury get his?

Postby bhaw on Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:58 am

He has a long time, so yes. And even if not, I'm sure when he goes back home to his $35M he gets for being a good goalie, he won't care too much about getting a goal :lol:
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby tluke53 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:02 am

He nearly had it last night. The puck seemed to role on it's side and turn away from the net. A quarter inch nick in the ice and it turns the other direction. I think he will get it this season.
tluke53
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby PenguinSteve-o on Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:11 am

yes he will get one. as long as he keep trying. just needs more opportunitys. I assume he wouldnt try for it when we are only up by 1 goal though.
PenguinSteve-o
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby penny lane on Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:12 am

At least he had a clear shot! Last year Flower shot it in to Brooks' buttocks. 8-)

Honest to God, Sidney almost had this behind the back empty net goal...missed by a smidge. :)
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Jim on Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:46 am

As long as he does not do that with a 1 goal lead. I was hoping it would go in too. You could see his smile behind his mask even though it went wide. It was funny.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby relantel on Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:00 am

Simply a matter of time. Consider last night more practice for the next one - should the Pens be in a position to score an ENG soon. (Last night was the first of the season)
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DelPen on Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:00 am

The Canes announcers also noted that there was noting wrong going for the goal at risk of getting an icing with a 2-goal lead.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Jesse on Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:09 am

I know this is completely unrelated to the topic at hand, but how good does it feel to have Fleury in net?

So good. Last year we witnessed his emergence, now we're witnessing the start of his dominance.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Mongoose87 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:12 am

He should start practicing by himself after the rest of the team is done every practice. He could be like the Sidney Crosby of goalie-goals.
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby DelPen on Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:20 am

Jesse wrote:I know this is completely unrelated to the topic at hand, but how good does it feel to have Fleury in net?

So good. Last year we witnessed his emergence, now we're witnessing the start of his dominance.

That and also having a solid backup. The last time I was not worried about goaltending one bit was the evening of May 14, 1993.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby littlemoonboot on Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:27 am

What I really want to know:

How many points will it be for him on Pick a Pen? :D
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Armyrulez on Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:39 am

Did someone just mention 5/14/93? Does anyone have a sharp object I can jam into my eye? I HATE that DATE!! Volek!!
Armyrulez
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby demondg1 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:08 pm

Mongoose87 wrote:He should start practicing by himself after the rest of the team is done every practice. He could be like the Sidney Crosby of goalie-goals.

I'll bet he does.

I know I always did when practice was winding down or when the coaches were working with other players on stuff like faceoffs.
demondg1
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby cthulhuchrist on Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:12 pm

I loved his reaction after the icing was called. I don't know if it was just on the Carolina feed i was watching, or if they showed on fsn pittsburgh too, but he looked so upset. He did one of those "awww man" type stomps. He will have one by seasons end. we just need the team to take more two goal leads at the end.
cthulhuchrist
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby westside on Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:26 pm

cthulhuchrist wrote:I loved his reaction after the icing was called. I don't know if it was just on the Carolina feed i was watching, or if they showed on fsn pittsburgh too, but he looked so upset. He did one of those "awww man" type stomps. He will have one by seasons end. we just need the team to take more two goal leads at the end.

They actually did make mention of that on the FSN feed, but they said it was more like the little hop he does after he stops a shot in a shootout. I actually thought I saw him smiling under the face mask... go HD!
westside
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby cthulhuchrist on Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:28 pm

That's what i get for watching a stupid internet feed. Girlfriend needs to get cable already, geez.
cthulhuchrist
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Ben Klingston on Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:33 pm

PenguinSteve-o wrote:yes he will get one. as long as he keep trying. just needs more opportunitys. I assume he wouldnt try for it when we are only up by 1 goal though.

Just more incentive for him to limit the number of pucks that get behind him. The offense will score. If he can keep it to around 2 GAA, he should get plenty of chances.
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Penspal on Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:41 pm

I am going to assume you are referring to a shot on goal, rather than the last to touch the puck.

Seeing that the Pens have a decent team, and will likely for years to come, I can forsee them having the lead in close games for many years to come. Factor in the parity of the league currently, and that improves the chances for close games. The Pens current system of clogging the zone also works to that factor. If Fluery's stickhandling improves, so too will his "shot".

Now, if the Pens would only pass it back to him the odd time, his chances would greatly improve.

So, yeah. I'd be willing to bet that he will get his.
Penspal
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby ryan21081 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:59 pm

cthulhuchrist wrote:That's what i get for watching a stupid internet feed. Girlfriend needs to get cable already, geez.

or maybe u need a new Girfriend????
ryan21081
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby MWB on Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:01 pm

DelPen wrote:The Canes announcers also noted that there was noting wrong going for the goal at risk of getting an icing with a 2-goal lead.

True.... I think they also said the Josef Melichar is known for getting the puck to the net... that made me smile.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Pens Fan Since 1970 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:13 pm

cthulhuchrist wrote:That's what i get for watching a stupid internet feed. Girlfriend needs to get cable already, geez.

She probably can't afford cable since she has to support you. :wink:
Pens Fan Since 1970
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby marek on Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:19 pm

I think he should be worried more about his puck moving skills around the net than getting his first goal...
He is so slow with the puck on his stick... every time he goes to make a play I hold my breath.
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby cthulhuchrist on Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:21 pm

Pens Fan Since 1970 wrote:

She probably can't afford cable since she has to support you. :wink:

It's not my fault I'm in between jobs! :lol:
cthulhuchrist
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby shane613 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:23 pm

westside wrote:
cthulhuchrist wrote:I loved his reaction after the icing was called. I don't know if it was just on the Carolina feed i was watching, or if they showed on fsn pittsburgh too, but he looked so upset. He did one of those "awww man" type stomps. He will have one by seasons end. we just need the team to take more two goal leads at the end.

They actually did make mention of that on the FSN feed, but they said it was more like the little hop he does after he stops a shot in a shootout. I actually thought I saw him smiling under the face mask... go HD!

haha yea he was, he was smiling and joking with someone right up until the faceoff
shane613
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins