Will Fleury get his?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Will Fleury get his?

Postby Corvidae on Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:25 pm

Jesse wrote:I know this is completely unrelated to the topic at hand, but how good does it feel to have Fleury in net?

So good. Last year we witnessed his emergence, now we're witnessing the start of his dominance.

This is the first year he doesn't make me nervous, and it feels damn good. Come to think of it, I can't remember the last time a Pens goalie didn't make me nervous.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby PittPensFan on Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:28 pm

Corvidae wrote:
Jesse wrote:I know this is completely unrelated to the topic at hand, but how good does it feel to have Fleury in net?

So good. Last year we witnessed his emergence, now we're witnessing the start of his dominance.

This is the first year he doesn't make me nervous, and it feels damn good. Come to think of it, I can't remember the last time a Pens goalie didn't make me nervous.

Goaltending has never been this team's strong suit. Barrasso was really good when he was focused and healthy, but those rarely coincided with each other.
PittPensFan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby saleen66 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:36 pm

MWB wrote:
DelPen wrote:The Canes announcers also noted that there was noting wrong going for the goal at risk of getting an icing with a 2-goal lead.

True.... I think they also said the Josef Melichar is known for getting the puck to the net... that made me smile.

Yeah, and the canes feed was talking about how much we loved and miss Melichar. I was rofl.
saleen66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby cthulhuchrist on Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:38 pm

saleen66 wrote:
MWB wrote:
DelPen wrote:The Canes announcers also noted that there was noting wrong going for the goal at risk of getting an icing with a 2-goal lead.

True.... I think they also said the Josef Melichar is known for getting the puck to the net... that made me smile.

Yeah, and the canes feed was talking about how much we loved and miss Melichar. I was rofl.

Lol, i head that too.
cthulhuchrist
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby saleen66 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:38 pm

MWB/DelPen:

Doesn't it suck that we are forced to watch the canes broadcast even though we are not in the Pittsburgh area and even with center ice, we cant watch the penguins feed. So frustrating.

Just thought I would throw that out there.
saleen66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jesse on Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:05 pm

I miss Melichar like I miss Diarreha.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby saleen66 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:08 pm

Jesse wrote:I miss Melichar like I miss Diarreha.

Thank goodness they kept the good side of Scudichar. :)
saleen66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby penscup on Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:24 pm

PittPensFan wrote:
Corvidae wrote:

Goaltending has never been this team's strong suit. Barrasso was really good when he was focused and healthy, but those rarely coincided with each other.

Barrasso was a premier netminder for this team for many years and has 2 Cup rings to prove exactly how good and focused he was for much of his career here. Fleury's career is off to a very promising start, but until he starts racking up the hardware he will be the one looking up at TommyB, not the other way around.
penscup
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby DocEmrick on Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:38 pm

I couldn't believe it when the Canes dumped it in, facing a 2 goal deficit with an empty-net. You want to talk about what NOT to do?
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PittPensFan on Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:50 pm

Barrasso was a premier netminder for this team for many years and has 2 Cup rings to prove exactly how good and focused he was for much of his career here. Fleury's career is off to a very promising start, but until he starts racking up the hardware he will be the one looking up at TommyB, not the other way around.

No doubt. And the reason I had both focused and healthy was because for a short time ('89-'90) before the Cup runs he had subpar play because of his daughter's illness (something that would distract any father) and for a while after the Cup runs his shoulders and back were in dreadful shape as he missed almost all of two whole seasons and likely let in a number of goals he normally would not (his shoulders were so bad he couldn't lift weights and had a hard time moving them above his normal stance). I'm certainly not disparaging Barrasso's legacy with this club in any way, I'm just saying for some stretches of time he was shaky.
PittPensFan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins