Third Jersey Question

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Third Jersey Question

Postby darkstar57 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:14 am

I know this might have been answered in another post, but it would take to long to find it. Does anyone know when the Pens Third Jersey will be available for purchase?

I am looking to get my little brother a Talbot Jersey (his favorite player)
darkstar57
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish

Re: Third Jersey Question

Postby Three Stars on Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:19 am

According to http://icethetics.blogspot.com/ , it will be unveiled November the 6th, so I would assume it would be available for purchase some time after that.
Three Stars
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby darkstar57 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:21 am

Thanks,
I appreciate it
darkstar57
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish

Postby Loaf31 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:06 am

I thought that the Nov 15th gm against Buffalo was going to be the 1st gm?
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DrBoni on Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:18 am

Loaf31 wrote:I thought that the Nov 15th gm against Buffalo was going to be the 1st gm?

It is. But Chris at Icethetics has the scoop the the Pens are unveiling them to the public somehow on Nov 6.
DrBoni
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Ben Klingston on Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:33 am

I'm pretty sure this will never happen, but it's interesting to see that the Pens have incorporated a 'vintage blue plaid' look into their pre-game intro videos, as well as prominently in some promos this year (hat and gym bag)

My brother and I were talking last night... how sweet would it be to have their third jersey be vintage blue plaid! :twisted: I mean, it would look horrible. But it would be hilarious. Maybe they could get their whole unis in plaid... socks, pants, jersey, everything.

Just think of the possibilities

Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby ShipHockey7 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:51 pm

that hat looks sick
ShipHockey7
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Sieve70 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:05 pm

LMAO - Ahhh, the Milwaukee Admirals tribute to Bob Uecker!

Those were one weekend (Sat/Sun games) special jerseys that were then auctioned for charity... They were a "tribute" to the Bob Uecker, who used to do TV ads for the Admirals, and who proposed new jerseys similar to those for the team in one of the commercials...

Uecker is still the play-by-play radio announcer for the Milwaukee Brewers, and most of the Admirals owners group is made up of Milwaukee Brewers people, including their pitcher Ben Sheets...

His old commercials were great! I'll see if I can find them on YouTube and post a link later... Think of the old Miller Lite commercials he used to be in, and these were similar...
Sieve70
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Daniel87 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:35 pm

DrBoni wrote:
Loaf31 wrote:I thought that the Nov 15th gm against Buffalo was going to be the 1st gm?

It is. But Chris at Icethetics has the scoop the the Pens are unveiling them to the public somehow on Nov 6.

Looks like I picked a good game to buy tickets. :D
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Daniel87 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:38 pm

tombarrassorules wrote:has anyone else heard the rumblings that with the new arena will come the return of the blue and white permanently? just a rumor more than likely, but ive heard it from a few different sources.

http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29211&p=660834&hilit=arena#p660834
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby penscup on Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:23 am

tombarrassorules wrote:man you've set me straight. i should check threads from ten days ago before i make anymore posts.

god help us all.

Seems like he was trying to help answer your question by directing you to a thread where it was already discussed. Is that against the rules?
penscup
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby manicmonday18 on Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:26 am

The alternate/blue jerseys are availible for presale at Pen Station....just saying....
manicmonday18
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Doogs on Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:03 pm

Okay, so they are being worn for the first time on the 6th. Does anyone know what they look like? I read somewhere that they aren't necessarily the WC Jerseys. Any insight?
Doogs
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Lorneadoon on Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:11 pm

I think that they will go public on the 6th, but the first game wearing them is the 15th against Buffalo.
Lorneadoon
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Doogs on Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:52 pm

Lorneadoon wrote:I think that they will go public on the 6th, but the first game wearing them is the 15th against Buffalo.

Thanks, any word on if the do or do not look like the Winter Classic Jerseys?
Doogs
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby demondg1 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:04 pm

Doogs wrote:
Lorneadoon wrote:I think that they will go public on the 6th, but the first game wearing them is the 15th against Buffalo.

During the intermission of the game saturday night, they did a tour of the equipment vault with Dana Heinze. There they showed the blue helmets and gloves for the 3rd jerseys. Behind Dana there was a rack with powder blue jerseys still in their plastic packaging. They crest on the jerseys wasn't visible, but you can count on them being powder blue with dark blue gloves and helmets. In other words, probably almost exactly as the Winter Classic throwbacks.
demondg1
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Gage18 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:29 pm

Thanks, any word on if the do or do not look like the Winter Classic Jerseys?[/quote]

During the intermission of the game saturday night, they did a tour of the equipment vault with Dana Heinze. There they showed the blue helmets and gloves for the 3rd jerseys. Behind Dana there was a rack with powder blue jerseys still in their plastic packaging. They crest on the jerseys wasn't visible, but you can count on them being powder blue with dark blue gloves and helmets. In other words, probably almost exactly as the Winter Classic throwbacks.[/quote]

...i thought this was already known...
Gage18
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pitts on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:36 pm

Doogs wrote:

If we all knew, it wouldn't be a secret now, would it?
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NJ5934 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:39 pm

Doogs wrote:Okay, so they are being worn for the first time on the 6th. Does anyone know what they look like? I read somewhere that they aren't necessarily the WC Jerseys. Any insight?

I posted a couple weeks back that my wife called PenStation and the woman there did confirm the 3rd jersey is not the winter classic jersey everyone was expecting. I think it is rather interesting there is a white version of the winter classic jersey visible in the drawings of the new arena interior that were released this summer.
NJ5934
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Doogs on Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:34 am

NJ5934 wrote:
Doogs wrote:Okay, so they are being worn for the first time on the 6th. Does anyone know what they look like? I read somewhere that they aren't necessarily the WC Jerseys. Any insight?

I posted a couple weeks back that my wife called PenStation and the woman there did confirm the 3rd jersey is not the winter classic jersey everyone was expecting. I think it is rather interesting there is a white version of the winter classic jersey visible in the drawings of the new arena interior that were released this summer.

I saw that in the drawing as well, but they sell those in the Pen site as "practice" jerseys, or atleast a version of the one in the drawings.

And Pitts, I hate secrets like this. LOL
Doogs
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Lorneadoon on Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:51 pm

The thirds will be introduced on November 5th:

http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app/?servi ... eid=389450
Lorneadoon
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins