Scientific proof that Cote is in fact a Neanderthal

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Scientific proof that Cote is in fact a Neanderthal

Postby marek on Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:07 pm

This slow-mo proves it...
Its the only way to explain why his jaw was not broken by this roundhouse right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDbAbCzY ... re=related

Absolutely made my friday :)

Enjoy all!!!
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Scientific proof that Cote is in fact a Neanderthal

Postby KG on Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:13 pm

Dude can take a punch, no doubt about it...
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shmenguin on Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:19 pm

why would it be easier to brake a modern human's jaw than a neanderthal's?

i actually have nothing against cote. he doesn't really bother anyone. and he's a lot more honest with his methods than the turd sandwich of hartnell-richards-upshall.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby marek on Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:37 pm

shmenguin wrote:why would it be easier to brake a modern human's jaw than a neanderthal's?

i actually have nothing against cote. he doesn't really bother anyone. and he's a lot more honest with his methods than the turd sandwich of hartnell-richards-upshall.

Um yeah... maybe there are fossilized remains that prove it?!?!?!

Courtesy of wikipedia...
"...were heavily built with robust bone structure. They were much stronger, having particularly strong arms and hands..."

"Neanderthals had more robust build and distinctive morphological features, especially of the cranium, which gradually accumulated more derived aspects, particularly in certain relatively isolated geographic regions. Evidence suggests they were much stronger than modern humans;[25] their relatively robust stature is thought to be an adaptation to the cold climate of Europe"
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby jimjom on Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:44 pm

I was an anthro (and history so it's not all that useless) major, and that may not be too far from the truth. Neanderthals and humans were able to cross breed before the extinction of "Neanderthal Man" -- maybe Cote has some Neanderthal in his bloodlines.

Also, Neanderthals were pushed far south and died out because they couldn't cope with climate change and also regular humans killed them off.

I learned something at Pitt besides memorizing all of the quarter draft specials throughout the week -- Attic Thursdays mainly.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby shmenguin on Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:22 pm

marek wrote:
shmenguin wrote:why would it be easier to brake a modern human's jaw than a neanderthal's?

Um yeah... maybe there are fossilized remains that prove it?!?!?!

Courtesy of wikipedia...
"...were heavily built with robust bone structure. They were much stronger, having particularly strong arms and hands..."

"Neanderthals had more robust build and distinctive morphological features, especially of the cranium, which gradually accumulated more derived aspects, particularly in certain relatively isolated geographic regions. Evidence suggests they were much stronger than modern humans;[25] their relatively robust stature is thought to be an adaptation to the cold climate of Europe"

cool. i wanted to look that up myself, but couldn't think of the right google phrasing
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shane613 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:40 pm

i also think he has viking blood
shane613
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby littlemoonboot on Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:48 pm

HAHAHAHHAH... you can start to hear the slow motion of "ooooHHHH...HAAAAAAAAYMMMMAAAAAAKEEEEEERRRRR......"
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby brwi on Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:07 am

Cote's head was rolling away from the punch when it connected, which any boxer will tell you is the key to being able to take a big punch like that and stay conscious. Still, that's a helluva shot he took from Godard.

Brad
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby bringitonhome on Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:05 am

brwi wrote:Cote's head was rolling away from the punch when it connected, which any boxer will tell you is the key to being able to take a big punch like that and stay conscious. Still, that's a helluva shot he took from Godard.

Brad

Lol.
bringitonhome
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Guinness on Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:48 pm

jimjom wrote:I was an anthro (and history so it's not all that useless) major, and that may not be too far from the truth. Neanderthals and humans were able to cross breed before the extinction of "Neanderthal Man" -- maybe Cote has some Neanderthal in his bloodlines.

Also, Neanderthals were pushed far south and died out because they couldn't cope with climate change and also regular humans killed them off.

I learned something at Pitt besides memorizing all of the quarter draft specials throughout the week -- Attic Thursdays mainly.

My understanding is that there is no evidence that Neanderthals interbred with Cro-Magnons.

That being said, I don't doubt that any Flyer, or Flyer fan, <could> be descended of this sub-human species. ;)
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shmenguin on Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:52 pm

you haven't seen scary if you haven't seen cote's face right now in high def. the guy is slowly turning into rocky dennis.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins