Dupius on the first line

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Dupius on the first line

Postby meecrofilm on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:29 am

Those lines are fine, but why are the 2nd and 3rd lines reversed ?
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby DelPen on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:00 pm

meecrofilm wrote:Those lines are fine, but why are the 2nd and 3rd lines reversed ?

Because the Talbot line is more talented offensively than a Staal line.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby CKA24 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:03 pm

DelPen wrote:
meecrofilm wrote:Those lines are fine, but why are the 2nd and 3rd lines reversed ?

Because the Talbot line is more talented offensively than a Staal line.

I don't know about that... I'd call it a push.
CKA24
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby penny lane on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:11 pm

After Evgeni, P Sykora most gifted goal scorer. Pens need to get him going. Pre-season, before Sweden, he was flying. I don't see Sid and Evgeni being a season long line. In a big circle I hope soon to see Satan and Ruslan back with Sidney.
Evgeni with Sykora ... maybe Tiger Kennedy.(love when PS calls him that.) :)
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Why So Serious? on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:15 pm

penny lane wrote:After Evgeni, P Sykora most gifted goal scorer. Pens need to get him going. Pre-season, before Sweden, he was flying. I don't see Sid and Evgeni being a season long line. In a big circle I hope soon to see Satan and Ruslan back with Sidney.
Evgeni with Sykora ... maybe Tiger Kennedy.(love when PS calls him that.) :)

I wouldn't mind that either. However, I think it is difficult to separate Staal and Fedotenko at this point. They have developed a sense of where each of them are on the ice. Like I stated in another thread, the lines should be, but won't be:

Kennedy-Crosby-Satan
Talbot-Malkin-Sykora
Fedotenko-Staal-Dupuis
Cooke-Zigomanis-Godard
Why So Serious?
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:19 pm

Corvidae wrote:
HomerPenguin wrote:
Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Dupuis is to Crosby as Errey is to Lemieux

Errey used to pot about 20-25 in a season on Lemieux's wing. When Dupuis gets half that many, we'll talk.

He scored 12 last year NOT Crosby's wing. Can we talk or does that not count? :)

I was referring more to the defensive role that Errey played there, but if the goalies go back to wearing the equipment of the late 1980s and early 1990s, then Dupuis has a shot at 25 goals.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Corvidae on Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:45 pm

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:I was referring more to the defensive role that Errey played there, but if the goalies go back to wearing the equipment of the late 1980s and early 1990s, then Dupuis has a shot at 25 goals.

You know he actually had 20 goals and 48 points one year with the Wild? I don't think he'll ever reproduce that, but I do find it interesting.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Samsdog on Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:51 pm

Dupuis is pretty fast and I like him to play defense on the 1st line because it lets Crosby and Malkin get a little more creative knowing that there's a good D forward playing with them. That said, the guy has got hands like a pair of bricks, it's kind of irritating to watch sometimes. But on the whole, I think it's an OK move since it frees up some more creative/skilled forwards to focus on doing what they do best.
Samsdog
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby bhaw on Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:13 pm

Why does everyone want Kennedy on the top line? Especially after saying Dupuis has no scoring touch. Kennedy had one game with goals... both of which were very weak shots that Gerber missed.

It's always the same with Crosby's winger... "anyone but him!" No matter who is on his line, they will never be good enough.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:18 pm

Bench them both for a few months, maybe they'll be better when they come back.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby bhaw on Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:22 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:Bench them both for a few months, maybe they'll be better when they come back.

Agreed. We need to teach that punk kid Crosby to stop counting his money and start playing hockey. If he spent half as much time trying to play defense as he does diving and complaining to the refs, he'd look better than a guy trying to crack an AHL line up.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Corvidae on Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:24 pm

bhaw wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Bench them both for a few months, maybe they'll be better when they come back.

Agreed. We need to teach that punk kid Crosby to stop counting his money and start playing hockey. If he spent half as much time trying to play defense as he does diving and complaining to the refs, he'd look better than a guy trying to crack an AHL line up.

I told everyone they should have drafted Bobby Ryan.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shmenguin on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:49 am

bhaw wrote:Why does everyone want Kennedy on the top line? Especially after saying Dupuis has no scoring touch. Kennedy had one game with goals... both of which were very weak shots that Gerber missed.

It's always the same with Crosby's winger... "anyone but him!" No matter who is on his line, they will never be good enough.

kennedy has a lot more poise with the puck than dupuis. that's not even close. he's also a better checker (in fact...i'll say it: he's a much better checker). and he's a better passer (especially in the neutral zone; which dupuis is butt at; which is also very important to that line). and i'm not sure you can criticize his goal totals considering where he's been in the lineup. when he hasn't been thrown with centers who can't set ANYONE up, he's was playing with crappy malkin, not regular malkin.

with that said, he's still really raw and positionally weak, so who knows. sykora/satan would be best fit IMO.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby CKA24 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:13 pm

bhaw wrote:Why does everyone want Kennedy on the top line? Especially after saying Dupuis has no scoring touch. Kennedy had one game with goals... both of which were very weak shots that Gerber missed.

I want Colby and Hilbert... they seemed to work well with Sid!
CKA24
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby PensHckyFan79 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:51 pm

im not really a fan of having malkin crosby on the same line, but at the same time i dont like seeing staal as a 3rd line ceter or 2nd line wing. With that said maybe malkin should be a 2nd wing with staal and sykora and the first line should be crosby, satan, kennedy/dupius. I think it is evident from the senators 2 years ago. you shut down there first line (spez, allfie, heatly) and they have nothing left and thats why they lost the Cup. We need to spread out the talent like last year and have 2 lines that can be a threat to a team so it is harder for the other team to match lines.
PensHckyFan79
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins