Which Loss This Weekend...

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Which Loss This Weekend...

Postby mac5155 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:13 pm

Penn State

oh wait.. still undefeated.

eh, steelers then.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby juicebox1 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:12 am

thank god a good deal of you guys went pitt. i saw this thread and felt immediately enraged.

they all hurt, but here i am...senior year...excellent home schedule... for just once, pitt football could have made something happen
juicebox1
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby meecrofilm on Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:59 am

Pitt was the most devastating pertaining to the three individual teams.

But the Pens one hurt me the most.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby jimjom on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:42 am

Pitt is worst for me. This threw their season off kilter completely and killed whatever momentum they had after destroynig Navy and going into a rough environment at Notre Dame. Now we should hope for 7-5 as a realistic finish -- or worse -- rather than 10-2 or 11-1 even.

Pens was second for me. I hate to see them give up leads like that but they play 82 games as opposed to 12.

Steelers gave the game away with penalties on a scoring drive and got caught up with injuries...teh G-Men are the champs for a reason, they are damn good, but why did they lose to Cleveland, that stings that they beat them and we didn't.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby newarenanow on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:07 am

jimjom wrote:Pitt is worst for me. This threw their season off kilter completely and killed whatever momentum they had after destroynig Navy and going into a rough environment at Notre Dame. Now we should hope for 7-5 as a realistic finish -- or worse -- rather than 10-2 or 11-1 even.

Pens was second for me. I hate to see them give up leads like that but they play 82 games as opposed to 12.

Steelers gave the game away with penalties on a scoring drive and got caught up with injuries...teh G-Men are the champs for a reason, they are damn good, but why did they lose to Cleveland, that stings that they beat them and we didn't.

You pretty much wrote word for word how I feel. I'm still so angry at the Pitt loss. It just kills me. I want to hurt someone.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Doogs on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:31 am

newarenanow wrote:
relantel wrote:The silent fourth option - a Penn State loss would have hurt far worse than the other three, as excruciating as the Pens failure to score on the EN, then allow the goal with 8.1 to go was... Whomever identified the Steelers and Pens losses as inconsequential in the overall picture, yes, they are, but between the Steelers injuries, and the Pens repeat performance of a week third period playing with a lead... there is something to be concerned about, but both should be able to overcome their issues. Pitt, on the other hand, has a tougher road, but can still win the big east if they win out.

A Penn State loss would have made me feel 10Xs better about the other three losses. :D

I'm with you on this one New. I don't know why, but PSU and me...we ain't friends. I have no reason to dislike them, I JUST DO.
Doogs
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby ToonBroon on Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:32 pm

For me Pens were bad but Newcastle losing to Sunderland in the EPL was horrible. (First loss @ Sunderland since 1980)

And anyway I graduated from Rutgers...;)

/runs away
ToonBroon
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby CKA24 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:58 pm

relantel wrote:The silent fourth option - a Penn State loss would have hurt far worse than the other three, as excruciating as the Pens failure to score on the EN, then allow the goal with 8.1 to go was... Whomever identified the Steelers and Pens losses as inconsequential in the overall picture, yes, they are, but between the Steelers injuries, and the Pens repeat performance of a week third period playing with a lead... there is something to be concerned about, but both should be able to overcome their issues. Pitt, on the other hand, has a tougher road, but can still win the big east if they win out.

I have to agree w/ my cousin -- PSU loss would have hurt the most. Oddly enough, during the games I felt good about the Pens winning and when it looked like PSU was heading toward the L column. The tables turned in both games around the same time....
CKA24
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby newarenanow on Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:36 pm

ToonBroon wrote:For me Pens were bad but Newcastle losing to Sunderland in the EPL was horrible. (First loss @ Sunderland since 1980)

And anyway I graduated from Rutgers...;)

/runs away

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby puckeye on Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:42 pm

I know I'm in minority here but.... those 3 losses along with the Buckeye and Blue Jackets (2) losses were enough to make me suicidal

only ray of hope was that my son's mite team won, bad part is he plays for the Flyers
puckeye
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins