Pens games in York/Harrisburg/Lancaster?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Pens games in York/Harrisburg/Lancaster?

Postby Corvidae on Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:37 pm

I might be moving to York, PA soon. Anyone live near there have Center Ice? I wanna make sure the Pens games aren't blocked out because it's so close to Pittsburgh. I heard this use to happen in Harrisburg?

Thanks.
Last edited by Corvidae on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Center Ice in York?

Postby bruthrluv on Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:24 am

Corvidae wrote:I might be moving to York, PA soon. Anyone live near there have Center Ice? I wanna make sure the Pens games aren't blocked out because it's so close to Pittsburgh. I heard this use to happen in Harrisburg?

Thanks.

My brother lives in Lancaster and is always blacked out. He lives on the south eastern side of Lancaster but has friends on the western side who are able to get FSN Pitt through Direct TV. That may be your best option.
bruthrluv
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby spi on Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:58 am

My dad lives in Harrisburg and was always gets blacked out. This week he made the switch to the Dish and is now out from under the reign of the evil empire Comcrap. Center Ice was blacked out because the NHL expects the local carrier to broadcast FSN Burgh. Commucast used to but last year yanked it from their lineup. I know its not york but pretty close.
spi
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Corvidae on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:01 am

bruthrluv wrote:
Corvidae wrote:I might be moving to York, PA soon. Anyone live near there have Center Ice? I wanna make sure the Pens games aren't blocked out because it's so close to Pittsburgh. I heard this use to happen in Harrisburg?

Thanks.

My brother lives in Lancaster and is always blacked out. He lives on the south eastern side of Lancaster but has friends on the western side who are able to get FSN Pitt through Direct TV. That may be your best option.

I wonder if Center Ice Online would work.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Pens games in York/Harrisburg/Lancaster?

Postby spi on Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:22 pm

center ice online also blacks out when the cable company blacks it out. For a game that is trying to bring fans in, it amazes me that the league would let this go on. Only option is the dish.
spi
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Corvidae on Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:26 pm

spi wrote:center ice online also blacks out when the cable company blacks it out. For a game that is trying to bring fans in, it amazes me that the league would let this go on. Only option is the dish.

This is freakin' terrible. I guess Dish it is. I was hoping to not even get cable and just watch stuff online. Oh well.... :cry:
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby MSL2 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:29 pm

I live near Harrisburg and see all the Pens games without Center Ice. I have Directv with the Fox Sports Package, its a lot cheaper than Center Ice too (I don't watch any other hockey games other than Pens).

If that helps...
MSL2
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby pensfan66 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:39 pm

I live in lancaster and hsve Direct tv center ice. I dont think any games get blacked out. Not that i can remember anyway. Flyers games occaisonally do, we are closer to them BOOO! We used to be able to get away with not buying the package and getting all the games on Fox Sports but Direct Tv fianlly got wise and starting blacking out so now I have Center Ice and get all the games. Welcome to South Eastern PA though. I work in York
pensfan66
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Corvidae on Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:42 pm

pensfan66 wrote:I live in lancaster and hsve Direct tv center ice. I dont think any games get blacked out. Not that i can remember anyway. Flyers games occaisonally do, we are closer to them BOOO! We used to be able to get away with not buying the package and getting all the games on Fox Sports but Direct Tv fianlly got wise and starting blacking out so now I have Center Ice and get all the games. Welcome to South Eastern PA though. I work in York

Thanks for the welcome. Are there any "bad areas" I should avoid when looking for a place to live?
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby K2 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:39 pm

There are some parts of Lancaster County served by Blue Ridge Cable (Ephrata, Lititz, Manheim) that get FSN Pittsburgh on basic cable. Also, I believe Comcast customers in the Elizabethtown area get FSN on basic, though the rest of those in the county that gets Comcast do not.
K2
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby ShipHockey7 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:09 pm

I live about 20 min from york and I'm blacked out of Center Ice Pens games as well as when they're on the NHL Network too..it sucks major you know what
ShipHockey7
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby eastonpensfan on Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:28 pm

Directv and pay the extra $10 for the premium sports package. FSN Pitt will be on the list.
eastonpensfan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Guido on Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:38 pm

Corvidae wrote: Are there any "bad areas" I should avoid when looking for a place to live?

Philadelphia. :lol:
Guido
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby CarlislePensFan on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:18 pm

I live in Carlisle and have Comcast cable...I added an extra package to be sure I had FSN for the Pens games. But, Lancaster is further east so not sure if FSN Pittsburgh would be broadcast there...

My very first post by the way! New member...even though I have been on this site all of last season as well.
CarlislePensFan

Postby Corvidae on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:27 pm

It seems like satellite is the way to go. I hope they can put one in wherever I end up living.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Tinker on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:48 pm

Corvidae wrote:Are there any "bad areas" I should avoid when looking for a place to live?

York...

I kid. It has been 12 years since I lived in Central PA. York was up and coming then...so there are likely some nice spots.
Tinker
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Corvidae on Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:59 am

Hmmm.... I wonder if it would be different if I got a broadband card. Anyone of you SE PA people have one?
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins