Ssabourin in goal tonight

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Ssabourin in goal tonight

Postby Sigwolf on Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:40 pm

penny lane wrote:Brian Boucher is starting for the sharks? That Boucher from the 00 flyer team? :evil:

Unfortunately, it is also that Boucher that recorded five straight shutouts for Phoenix. Also that Boucher that is 2-0 with a GAA of 0.00 and a save percentage of 1.000 so far this season. He is an extremely streaky goalie, and happens to be on the wrong side of the streak for Pens fans... :cry: :wink:
Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Corvidae on Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:42 pm

Here comes the Flu bug!
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Justin Catanzarite on Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:06 pm

In response to Siggy, that streak has to end some time... and that time is tonight!

In response to the complaints about Sabu starting, look across the NHL... this season a huge number of back-ups are getting a lot of P.T. early. I believe there is a stat from last season which indicates that none of the final four teams (Pittsburgh, Detroit, Philadelphia and Dallas) had a goaltender which played more than either 60 or 70 games (big difference, I know)... but if it is 70, then that means that MAF is on pace to play in 64-65 games, I am very comfortable with that number. If we had Conklin still, I might advocate MAF only playing 55 games. Maybe Sabu will emerge like Ty did last season, he looked phenomenal in his first start and I hope he keeps it up.

Edit: Turco 62, Biron 62, Osgood 40 and Fleury 35 starts
Justin Catanzarite
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Henry Hank on Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:09 pm

The Pens are hoping for a 100+ game schedule so they'd be smart to work Sabourin in there as much as they can to avoid wearing Fleury out. Sabourin's a good goalie. They can win with him. You'd probably be safe to argue that they won because of him last time.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Justin Catanzarite on Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:12 pm

Henry Hank wrote:The Pens are hoping for a 100+ game schedule so they'd be smart to work Sabourin in there as much as they can to avoid wearing Fleury out. Sabourin's a good goalie. They can win with him. You'd probably be safe to argue that they won because of him last time.

I, unfavorably I'm sure, agree with that. A couple of the saves that Sabu made on rebounds... I wasn't so sure MAF would have made. Dany was in a zone that night.
Justin Catanzarite
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins