Official GDT - 10/28/08 - Penguins @ Sharks

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official GDT - 10/28/08 - Penguins @ Sharks

Postby ams on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:09 am

The shots will come, the goals will come, the wins will come. This is a team with a good bit of turnover, the usual Cup Finals drag, and a bunch of injuries. Last night's game was no thriller, but it was close, and I'm not going to get upset in October. This happened last year, and the year before that.
ams
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby PensFanInDC on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:19 am

ams wrote:The shots will come, the goals will come, the wins will come. This is a team with a good bit of turnover, the usual Cup Finals drag, and a bunch of injuries. Last night's game was no thriller, but it was close, and I'm not going to get upset in October. This happened last year, and the year before that.

/thread
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Burnaby_Joe on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:39 am

ams wrote:The shots will come, the goals will come, the wins will come. This is a team with a good bit of turnover, the usual Cup Finals drag, and a bunch of injuries. Last night's game was no thriller, but it was close, and I'm not going to get upset in October. This happened last year, and the year before that.

Imagine what would have been if they actually tried to score for more than 5 minutes :shock:
Burnaby_Joe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby CKA24 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:41 am

I can't believe I'm saying this, but the Pens need to take a lesson from the Flyers. Last night, the Flyers simply threw pucks into traffic in front of the net. What happened? A ton of goals. Were they pretty? Not at all, but they went in...

I agree with a previous poster that Peso should be brought up to add some speed/skill up top.

Tank-Sid-Satan
Peso-Geno-Syko
PLEASE!
CKA24
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:12 am

CKA24 wrote:I can't believe I'm saying this, but the Pens need to take a lesson from the Flyers. Last night, the Flyers simply threw pucks into traffic in front of the net. What happened? A ton of goals. Were they pretty? Not at all, but they went in...

I agree with a previous poster that Peso should be brought up to add some speed/skill up top.

Tank-Sid-Satan
Peso-Geno-Syko
PLEASE!

I agree -- the Flyers have a depleted defense as well yet manage to get the puck deep and get shots on net. Granted this was the Thrashers, but they actually have a semi-respectable defense and goaltender.

I left this thread a little after the start of the third, and the Pens had 8 shots. They finished with 11, which is pretty pitiful.

You don't score on 100% of the shots you don't take -- I think Wayne Gretzky said that.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins