Official GDT - 10/28/08 - Penguins @ Sharks

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official GDT - 10/28/08 - Penguins @ Sharks

Postby farnham16 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:02 am

Consistency will come. Im not concerend because the Pens never play consistent hockey until they get into December.

Heres what I would do though:

Call up Pesonen and make these lines;

Dupuis Crosby Satan
Pesonen Malkin Sykora
Fedo Staal Kennedy
Godard Zigo Cooke
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Easton on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:02 am

Member wrote:
tombarrassorules wrote:probably the dumbest thing ive ever heard. let the season play out. ok, so when we have 56 points in april, and we've let it play out, you'll be fine with that. good. 2 points is 2 points. you need ever point you can get. so what if its october. october is part of the season. figure it out or shut up.

You're right. Why even bother playing the rest of the season? The Penguins have 3 losses.

It's hard to use logic against someone who has no idea of the concept.
Easton
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Kicksave on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:03 am

Dupuis on the top 2 lines is u-s-e-l-e-s-s.

He doesn't have the skill-set to stay up there for too long.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Why So Serious? on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:03 am

The key for this team will be to split up Malkin and Crosby. That is our most effective and only effective line and when they are not on, you can't expect too many goals. And Satan and Sykora are completely different players when they are put with playmakers like 87 and 71. I just don't understand why Therrien isn't utilizing Sykie and Satan to their fullest ability. He's not putting them in a position to succeed. That is what is more frustrating than anything.
Why So Serious?
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby meecrofilm on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:03 am

dagny wrote:There's no room for excuses, so don't bother making them.

Aw. How about...

What are the Pens, 1-15-4 in California now? Clearly, they were done before the game started :wink:
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:04 am

I still don't want any changes in the roster, but if Pesonen were to come up, he has to play with Malkin. If you are gonna put another playmaker with one of the, you put them with Malkin, because if Pesonen can actually make things happen, let Malkin become the trigger man when Pesonen is carrying it.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby booboo on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:05 am

bhaw wrote:The Pens played horrible up until the last minutes, but that call was pretty petty. Just think... if we would have gotten that call last game, we would have beaten the Rangers in regulation. Deserving or not, the refs can't screw games like that.

I often pick on zebras myself, but it does not make any sense tonight.
The Pens sucked so badly for 55 minutes. One exception was Sabu,
who actually came to work tonight. The other guys should only be paid
for the last 5 minutes or so. If not for Sabu, the game would be way out
of hand quite early.

What I see so far from the Pens this season terrifies me.
They are soooo lazy. Just trying to sneak through. Why?

Someone needs to shake that out of them.
I wonder if MT is up to the task.
booboo
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Guido on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:06 am

farnham16 wrote:Consistency will come. Im not concerend because the Pens never play consistent hockey until they get into December.

Dupuis Crosby Satan
Pesonen Malkin Sykora
Fedo Staal Kennedy
Godard Zigo Cooke

Talbot's not good enough to be in the lineup? Talbot has no place being thrown on the 4th line instead of Zigomanis either.
Guido
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby meecrofilm on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:06 am

Kicksave wrote:Dupuis on the top 2 lines is u-s-e-l-e-s-s.

He doesn't have the skill-set to stay up there for too long.

I have to say, he hasn't looked good at all in that position this year. Every once in a while, he'll put it together (i.e. get some hands) But I think Satan, and Sykie need to be top-6 mainstays, without a doubt.

Sid and Geno will be broken up Thursday. It needs to happen. I agree with what Steigy said a couple games ago. It sparks them at first, but then it just kinda gets.. stale.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby PensHckyFan79 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:07 am

Idoit40fans wrote:No, you let it play out, they did it last year and things turned out ok. There is too much talent on the team not to come together. They'll be fine. This game was a wakeup call, they had plenty of lackluster games last year too. The team came out with fire at the end, maybe they'll carry that into Phoenix and dominate and everyone will be talking about how the team has "finally"(a month in) come together.

Sorry to let you down. But it seems every game we have a late "let down" or a "wake up call" The pens play good for 5 periods...which means they win 1 game and should win a second but lose it with seconds left on the clock.

They need to become CONSISTENT. Lets all say that word together class. CONSISTENT
PensHckyFan79
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby farnham16 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:07 am

Guido wrote:
farnham16 wrote:Consistency will come. Im not concerend because the Pens never play consistent hockey until they get into December.

Dupuis Crosby Satan
Pesonen Malkin Sykora
Fedo Staal Kennedy
Godard Zigo Cooke

Talbot's not good enough to be in the lineup? Talbot has no place being thrown on the 4th line instead of Zigomanis either.

Well hes hurt right now but obviously when he comes back you put him in the lineup.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby cojac on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:08 am

Why So Serious? wrote:The key for this team will be to split up Malkin and Crosby. That is our most effective and only effective line and when they are not on, you can't expect too many goals. And Satan and Sykora are completely different players when they are put with playmakers like 87 and 71. I just don't understand why Therrien isn't utilizing Sykie and Satan to their fullest ability. He's not putting them in a position to succeed. That is what is more frustrating than anything.

Agree 100%
cojac
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby meecrofilm on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:09 am

tombarrassorules wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
tombarrassorules wrote:probably the dumbest thing ive ever heard. let the season play out. ok, so when we have 56 points in april, and we've let it play out, you'll be fine with that. good. 2 points is 2 points. you need ever point you can get. so what if its october. october is part of the season. figure it out or shut up.

No, you let it play out, they did it last year and things turned out ok. There is too much talent on the team not to come together. They'll be fine. This game was a wakeup call, they had plenty of lackluster games last year too. The team came out with fire at the end, maybe they'll carry that into Phoenix and dominate and everyone will be talking about how the team has "finally"(a month in) come together.

ya you're right. let this team keep treading water.

2 points is 2 points. last time i checked they got 0 out of 2 points tonight. but thats good right? 0 out of 2 is pretty good. solid effort guys. way to play the last 5 minutes. hey thats all that counts. the last 5 minutes. as long as crosby gets a sick assist, hey they're good.

im not calling for anyone's head. but how many more uninspired games can they survive before someone hits the deck? cant blame a 2-1 loss on the choice of sabu over MAF. wheres the offense d bags? its mind boggling that sid and gino are at the top of the scoring leaders, but yet, we can't get a single frigging point beyond them. pathetic. someone on that scrub line HCMT calls a third line better start producing.

mike lange called it when he said sykora looks lost.

How do you ever make it through a whole season?

And yes. Sykie and Satan need to have either Crosby or Malkin as their centers (hint: break them up).
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:10 am

tombarrassorules wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:

No, you let it play out, they did it last year and things turned out ok. There is too much talent on the team not to come together. They'll be fine. This game was a wakeup call, they had plenty of lackluster games last year too. The team came out with fire at the end, maybe they'll carry that into Phoenix and dominate and everyone will be talking about how the team has "finally"(a month in) come together.

2 points is 2 points. last time i checked they got 0 out of 2 points tonight. but thats good right? 0 out of 2 is pretty good. solid effort guys. way to play the last 5 minutes. hey thats all that counts. the last 5 minutes. as long as crosby gets a sick assist, hey they're good.

im not calling for anyone's head. but how many more uninspired games can they survive before someone hits the deck? cant blame a 2-1 loss on the choice of sabu over MAF. wheres the offense d bags? its mind boggling that sid and gino are at the top of the scoring leaders, but yet, we can't get a single frigging point beyond them. pathetic. someone on that scrub line HCMT calls a third line better start producing.

Again, the same kind of thing happened last year. This is no time for panic among fans or within the Penguins organization. If the season ended today, they'd be in the playoffs.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kicksave on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:10 am

I say it's blackjack's fault. He busted this out way too soon today.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29597&st=0&sk=t&sd=a#p675518
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby farnham16 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:11 am

tombarrassorules wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:

This team was an average hockey team going into December last season and look how that worked out for us. The Pens have always been a team that starts out shaky.

We have a lot of injuries. No time to panic. If we play the way we did tonight through the rest of the road trip then maybe there is time for concern.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby seth on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:13 am

useless stat... outshot in 8 of 10 games
seth
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby cojac on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:14 am

MT will have more cigarettes tonight, then the Pens had shots.
cojac
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Jesse on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:14 am

Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby farnham16 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:15 am

Okay Tommy, lets just panic 12 games into the season. Lets freak out and make a bunch of rash decisions because we didnt beat San Jose.

Man, too bad Ray Shero isnt the kind of person you are.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby NJ5934 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:15 am

The U wrote:With all of the offensive talent we have....it's crazy to think that on most night our offense is BORING to watch. What the heck is going on here? We should be one of the most exciting teams in the NHL.

T...R...A...P

Therrien teaches it, the Pens play it. Very few Pens fans acknowledge it.

The sad part; the Pens have the offensive talent to play a much more open style game. The reality; as long as Therrien is in town the Pens will trap. It is what he knows and what he believes in. The Penguins were outshot and outplayed the majority of last season. Offensive talent, particularly on the pee pee, has consistently made up for a lack of effort. Considering it took us to the Cup finals last year, my guess is we will see the same program this year.

My suggestion, as I mentioned before, reduce ticket prices to reflect the % of the game the Pens will compete. I would suggest a 40% cut across the board for starters.
NJ5934
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Easton on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:15 am

farnham16 wrote:
This team was an average hockey team going into December last season and look how that worked out for us. The Pens have always been a team that starts out shaky.

We have a lot of injuries. No time to panic. If we play the way we did tonight through the rest of the road trip then maybe there is time for concern.

I think games like these are more an anomaly than anything else. We know they're not that bad. Sometimes games like this just happen, they're unavoidable through 82 games. It's not as if we played this way against anyone else this year (3rd periods excluded, I'm talking full games). Now, with that said...they better not even come out against pha-honix like they did against the sharks tonight.
Easton
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby booboo on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:16 am

seth wrote:oh man, i'm gonna have to say that was easily the penguins worst performace of the season. the score definitely didn't dictate the outcome (idk if that sentence even makes sense). Thank God for our goaltending early in the season

Close, but not the worst.
The worst so far was the losing part of the Craps game.
But, I had hoped that they would have learned something
from that....
booboo
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jesse on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:17 am

Dany Sabourin just said "Oh ****" on TV.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby mac5155 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:17 am

SABU hahaha wow. you just put me in a little better mood.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins