looking at the San Jose game from third person

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

looking at the San Jose game from third person

Postby scals37 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:03 am

personally, i have my grief and alot of it from tonight..... but i was prepared to bring some friends from work over to watch the game tonight (i moved to a new area last month so im looking for people to just hang out with and watch sports ESPECIALLY pens games if im lucky), and Im so happy i told them to come for a weekend game... cause tonight might as well have made me look like a nutjob. These guys have been skeptical about watching hockey as it is (it seems boring on TV but live is amazing, blah blah) and i tell them you have to watch all the little things in the game to actually get the whole enjoyment and rush out of the sport..... and i say good god im glad it wasnt this game i was demonstrating.....
scals37
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: looking at the San Jose game from third person

Postby meecrofilm on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:07 am

Hahah, yeah. No new fans would be made after tonight.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby PensHckyFan79 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:14 am

unless they were San Jose fans. They looked freaking awesome out there. I swear on the 4-4 I thought they had 5 skaters. That game was just the pens playing uninspired hockey and other than Sabu no one put forth any effort until the last 5 minutes. That game should have been 4 or 5 to 0
PensHckyFan79
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby The U on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 am

SJ did look awesome. I can assure you all the SJ fans who don't get to see the Pens very often were probably watching our team and our All Stars thinking "whats the big deal?" 1/2 these arenas are being filled with fans coming to watch our players more than the home teams. When we put on a display like this I wonder what sort of impression they take home of Malkin, Sid, etc...

But yea, tonight was Men vs Boys.....I could barely watch.
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby scals37 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:01 am

god i may be quite drunk tonight cause of what happened (and that i dont work tomorrow) but i am missing the oppurtunity on boyes a while back.... its always been in the back of my mind and now i guess i have the beer-nads to voice it
scals37
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:01 am

scals37 wrote:god i may be quite drunk tonight cause of what happened (and that i dont work tomorrow) but i am missing the oppurtunity on boyes a while back.... its always been in the back of my mind and now i guess i have the beer-nads to voice it

What?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kicksave on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:03 am

Idoit40fans wrote:
scals37 wrote:god i may be quite drunk tonight cause of what happened (and that i dont work tomorrow) but i am missing the oppurtunity on boyes a while back.... its always been in the back of my mind and now i guess i have the beer-nads to voice it

What?

When Boston dealt Brad Boyes to St. Louis for a song and a dance. When he was still thought of as a play making center instead of this sniper winger he turned into.

Either way, it's still a kick in the nards when you think what could have been. Granted, it probably would have taken a Goligoski or Letang to get him at that time.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:05 am

Kicksave wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:

What?

When Boston dealt Brad Boyes to St. Louis for a song and a dance. When he was still thought of as a play making center instead of this sniper winger he turned into.

Either way, it's still a kick in the nards when you think what could have been. Granted, it probably would have taken a Goligoski or Letang to get him at that time.

Ahh I see
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:32 am

San Jose is one of the 5 best teams in the league. The pens were lucky that Sabourin played out of his mind and that they hit a few posts.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby JoseCuervo on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:49 am

I went to the Blues-Panthers game last weekend and saw boyes destroying them. Granted, it was only the panthers.

I'm psyched about the Blues-Pens game this weekend. It should be a great match up.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby penny lane on Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:05 am

I was not expecting the total domination in the face off area. With never being able to start with the puck it put the pens defense on their heels all night. You cannot shoot the puck unless you have possession of the puck.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby BurghThing on Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:07 am

Don't kid yourself, we can't shoot the puck period.
BurghThing
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby penny lane on Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:39 am

http://www.mercurynews.com/sharks/ci_10841854

Well the pens did get themselves into the sharks records.

The Sharks have played 1,044 games since entering the NHL and in none of them did the opposition get off fewer shots on goal than the Pittsburgh Penguins did Tuesday night.
Yes, those Pittsburgh Penguins. The ones with Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin and enough overall firepower to reach the Stanley Cup finals four months ago.
But Tuesday at HP Pavilion they managed only 11 shots — one by Malkin, zero by Crosby — as the Sharks shut down one of the league's most potent offenses and emerged with a 2-1 victory.

Being outshot is nothing new for the penguins, but this is the 3rd/4th time this season the margin has been so wide, it is almost comical.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby opie22002 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:28 pm

Personally, I've been a little bored with hockey to start this season. Now that could simply be because we enjoyed such a thrilling ride through the post-season last year, and the regular season just seems meaningless right now (which it isn't...I know).

But I also think something has to be done with the NHL to promote more scoring chances. Aside from Penguins games, I've caught a couple of games on Versus and could barely keep from changing the channel in a few seconds. Anybody else feel this way?

And I knew that game last night would be boring. The Devils, San Jose, and the Rangers play a boring style, which is the ruination of what should be the most exciting sport.
opie22002
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Corvidae on Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:28 pm

Karl_Racki wrote:IMO, I think us, Rangers, Habs, Wings, and Wild are all better then them..

That list gets even longer in the playoffs. Gotta love snowman Joe, always melting in April.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins