Crosby and Malkin injured? *With pic*

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Crosby and Malkin injured? *With pic*

Postby bringitonhome on Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:19 am

not bad.
bringitonhome
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:59 am

Sigh. At least he shoots and hits the net once in a while.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby KG on Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:11 am

JWells16 wrote:Zing!

Here's a thought: You remember those wingers we brought over? Let's put them with a center who can actually pass the puck instead of our 2 worst playmaking centers in Talbot/Kennedy and Staal. Just a thought.

QFT

You mean the wingers who are supposed to be goal scorers? Agreed...

Goal scorers need to play with playmakers to get the most out of their games...
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby newarenanow on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:11 am

Good one!
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rocky133213 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:10 am

/Golfclap...well played.

While i disagree with the sentiment, since I like Dupius, i do commend you on the thread.
Rocky133213
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Defence21 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:14 am

Yeah, the Pens need Illya Kovalchuk and Marian Hossa on Crosby's wings and Alex Ovechkin and Daniel Alfredsson on Malkin's wings. Then the third line should feature Vinny Lecavalier at center with Anze Kopitar and Jarome Iginla on the wings. That would be better.

I don't like the line formations (Malkin and Crosby together), but with two superstar centers, there almost ALWAYS will be a defensive minded winger with bad hands on each of the top lines. It's a consequence of the salary cap and it is not going to change!

These types of threads show plenty of ignorance and the "what have you done for me NOW" mentality of so many Pittsburgh sports fans.

Guess what, Dupuis was on the wing with Hossa and Crosby last season and look where they ended up: two games from a Stanley Cup championship.

Depth is a luxury, and it's tough to achieve with two $8.7 million superstars and other higher-priced players producing the core.
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Member on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:32 am

Wow, it took me a while to get that. I thought you meant that they were literally carrying around a crutch. :oops:

Dupuis can atleast skate with Crosby and Malkin, he doesn't finish well at all. I don't think anyone expects Pascal Dupuis to be the long-term answer on Crosby's wing.
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby JoseCuervo on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:35 am

split up crosby and malkin. Then I wouldn't mind Dupuis playing with just one of them.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Ben Klingston on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:36 am

Crutch: A staff or support to assist a lame or infirm person.

Are you implying that Sid and Geno are lame? :P

That's the way I read it at first. But before anyone gets all high and mighty, I realize that it also has the OP implied definition also.
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby penny lane on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:41 am

Defence21 wrote:Yeah, the Pens need Illya Kovalchuk and Marian Hossa on Crosby's wings and Alex Ovechkin and Daniel Alfredsson on Malkin's wings. Then the third line should feature Vinny Lecavalier at center with Anze Kopitar and Jarome Iginla on the wings. That would be better.

I don't like the line formations (Malkin and Crosby together), but with two superstar centers, there almost ALWAYS will be a defensive minded winger with bad hands on each of the top lines. It's a consequence of the salary cap and it is not going to change!

These types of threads show plenty of ignorance and the "what have you done for me NOW" mentality of so many Pittsburgh sports fans.

Guess what, Dupuis was on the wing with Hossa and Crosby last season and look where they ended up: two games from a Stanley Cup championship.

Depth is a luxury, and it's tough to achieve with two $8.7 million superstars and other higher-priced players producing the core.

At some point, I have to give credit to the sharks. They have the size, the defense, to currently make the pens appear slow and unorganized.
Also our centers have to occassionally do what isn't comfortable for them; shoot the puck. :P
We have wingers who can score.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:58 pm

penny lane wrote:
Defence21 wrote:Yeah, the Pens need Illya Kovalchuk and Marian Hossa on Crosby's wings and Alex Ovechkin and Daniel Alfredsson on Malkin's wings. Then the third line should feature Vinny Lecavalier at center with Anze Kopitar and Jarome Iginla on the wings. That would be better.

At some point, I have to give credit to the sharks. They have the size, the defense, to currently make the pens appear slow and unorganized.
Also our centers have to occassionally do what isn't comfortable for them; shoot the puck. :P

San Jose has the talent and depth to crush Hossa's cup dreams. :lol:
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:02 pm

This gets my stamp of approval.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:04 pm

penny lane wrote:

The Sharks have a great team, and I expected the pens to have trouble going in, but if Sabu was gonna play like that, the pens should have been able to take advantage and steal at least a point. The combination of the Sharks fast, physical game and the pens coming out flat made for a rough night.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby maudineormsby on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:08 pm

I'll take Dupuis over Staal, Satan, or Fedo on the top line given how those guys have been playing. At least Dupuis has been taking shots.

Before you all rip into me, I'd like to see Cooke or Kennedy get a chance up there since we're clearly not getting anything out of a Crosby-Malkin-Dupuis line.
maudineormsby
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby holeinone on Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:19 pm

I say split up Sid and Geno and give them their own wingers. Star players are supposed to make the players around them better. Playing them together they rely too much on each other and that leads to being counter productive. If they truly are premier players let them prove it by making ordinary wingers better. Mario did it with about a thousand wingers ( warren young, doug shedden etc) so let those two play together only on the power play. It is time to see if there are any wingers on this team that can score..................
holeinone
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:23 pm

Fedo-Crosby-Satan
Fleury-Malkin-Sykora
Talbot-Staal-Kennedy
Biss-Ziggy-God

LeGame-Orpik
Gill-Scuderi
Gogo-Sydor

Sabourin
Dupuis
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby holeinone on Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:29 pm

If we have God playing on the 4th line can Jesus be called up from the minors???????
holeinone
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Defence21 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:40 pm

holeinone wrote:If we have God playing on the 4th line can Jesus be called up from the minors???????

No, he plays baseball, not hockey.
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby The Snapshot on Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:59 pm

The single biggest thing outside of our defensemen on IR that is hurting this team's start is Jordan Staal.

He is not a playmaker at all, and the hope of moving him to wing and having him regain his goal scoring ability seems to have been proven just that....a hope.

I am not saying that he is a bust, or that he will never develop beyond the 10 goals per year checking center that he seems to be right now, but coming into this year there was a great deal of capital riding on him getting over the Sophomore jinx. So far, as was stated many times last night, he is 0 since last stretch run in the red light department.

He not only doesn't score, but now that they have him back at center he effectively kills two wingers' chances of scoring as well since he is just a horrible distributor of the puck.

If he played every game like he played the other night against his brother, we would be fine, but he appears to do that only about every 20 games or so.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Three Stars on Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:37 pm

Defence21 wrote:
holeinone wrote:If we have God playing on the 4th line can Jesus be called up from the minors???????

No, he plays baseball, not hockey.

He's a goaltender.

Jesus saves, but Esposito scores on the rebound.
Three Stars
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby dagny on Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:39 pm

The Snapshot wrote:If he played every game like he played the other night against his brother, we would be fine, but he appears to do that only about every 20 games or so.

This is what's disconcerting to me. I like Staal, but he's proven that he can raise the level of his game, when playing against his brothers. Well, then he should be capable of doing that against any team.
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby littlemoonboot on Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:44 pm

In his defense, at least Dupuis plays like he's somewhat motivated and gives a ****.
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Corvidae on Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:54 pm

littlemoonboot wrote:In his defense, at least Dupuis plays like he's somewhat motivated and gives a ****.

He sure does. He works his rear off every game, there's no doubt about that. He just doesn't have the skill to match. Better than Fata and KK, for sure, but comparisons can sadly be made.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby littlemoonboot on Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:59 pm

Corvidae wrote:
littlemoonboot wrote:In his defense, at least Dupuis plays like he's somewhat motivated and gives a ****.

He sure does. He works his rear off every game, there's no doubt about that. He just doesn't have the skill to match. Better than Fata and KK, for sure, but comparisons can sadly be made.

Yeah, that's true. He has the heart, but not so much the skill -- if some of the others had the heart to match their skills I wouldn't be so cranky. :)

That MSG loss has left me cranky for days.
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins