Help me with the Pens goal last night (serious post)

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Help me with the Pens goal last night (serious post)

Postby Gaucho on Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:44 am

Bad timing, as the Pens decided to finally play some hockey with 5 minutes left to play. As far as I remember, Fedo was out there with 87 and 71 on several shifts.

My favorite moment, and I'm serious, was when Kennedy took a shot while he was pretty much standing parallel to the goalline. At least he understands that you have to take shots to score. There was no Penguin in front, of course, his buddies wanted to go on playing catch behind the net.

To make matters worse, the SJ announcers were exceptionally awful. Guys, our goalie's name is Sabourin, not Scuderi, Dupuis did not come over from Minnesota as a free agent this summer, and #28 is Godard, not Fedotenko. And I'm not sure what's so outstanding about winning a fight against an opponent who has his jersey over his head and can't see anything.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby penny lane on Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:53 am

I was happy for Ruslan Fedotenko because they called a ticky-tacky call on him during the only pens PP in the 3rd. Happy that Dany Sabourin showed the NHL he's a darn good solo act.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Gage18 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:52 am

ZenPenguin wrote:I went to bed with about 10 minutes left in the game (well, after Grier scored) last night because I couldn't take the pain any longer. Anyway, I noticed that Fedotenko scored a non-PP goal from Sid and Malkin. Please tell me MT finally took Dupius off the 1st line? Or did it just kind of work out that way because of line changes?

Thanks!

sorry no one has even answered your question yet haha but I don't know...i didnt see it...i went to bed after the 2nd, Completely disgusted...
Gage18
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby CKA24 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:43 am

I don't know if you could actually make an argument that *any* lines are put together right now -- MT shakes it up too often.
CKA24
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby KG on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:54 am

May be time to separate Crosby/Malkin again...

Crosby/Satan/Fedotenko
Malkin/Sykora/Talbot
Staal/Kennedy/Dupuis
Zig/Godard/Cooke

This team needs a goal scorer...or 2...
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Pitts on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:08 am

KG wrote:This team needs a goal scorer...or 2...

Gaborik and Havlat?

Or Henrik and Daniel?
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby KG on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:11 am

Pitts wrote:

Gaborik and Havlat?

Or Henrik and Daniel?

Havlat will be targeted during the off season...

I would look into Guerin...I know he is the Isles captain, but they would move him I'm sure...
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Pitts on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:16 am

Guerin?? Yeah, he USED to be a goal scorer. Now he's just an empty jersey.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pitts on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:17 am

They should see what it would take to get Prucha out of New York. He doesn't even play for them anymore.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Gaucho on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:20 am

Pitts wrote:They should see what it would take to get Prucha out of New York. He doesn't even play for them anymore.

And for a good reason.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby westside on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:20 am

I was at the game last night and noticed FedKo out there a few different times with Geno and Sid late in the game, MT was really mixing the lines up. At one point I saw Godard on the 2nd line and I don't remember seeing a '4th' line at all. Biznasty could not have been on the ice for more than 3 min all game it seems like... then again I was really drunk :)
westside
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pitts on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:24 am

Gaucho wrote:
Pitts wrote:They should see what it would take to get Prucha out of New York. He doesn't even play for them anymore.

And for a good reason.

I don't know. From all I read he needs to be on the top 2 lines and Sather went out and filled them with high priced veterans the last 2 seasons. I'm of the mind that, if the price is right, it's good to give guys a chance with a different team to see if they can make it. There is a hole in line 1 and a speedy winger with a scoring touch would be welcome there.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby mac5155 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:24 am

i would possibly put cooke on sid's line.. sid could feed off his energy and he knows western conf. hockey. if not just for a few shifts thursday.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby KG on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:26 am

Pitts wrote:Guerin?? Yeah, he USED to be a goal scorer. Now he's just an empty jersey.

I agree he's not the best option. But he is in the last year of his contract and could probably be had for a prospect/pick type of deal...

He would score 30 playing top 6 minutes...He scored 22 goals last year on a reprehensible offensive team...36 goals the year before...He can still produce..
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Gage18 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:27 am

yeah i would agree...cooke had a good game last night...he was flyin!
Gage18
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby KG on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:29 am

westside wrote:I was at the game last night and noticed FedKo out there a few different times with Geno and Sid late in the game, MT was really mixing the lines up. At one point I saw Godard on the 2nd line and I don't remember seeing a '4th' line at all. Biznasty could not have been on the ice for more than 3 min all game it seems like... then again I was really drunk :)

Only reason Biz see's any ice is because he is a good light heavyweight fighter. Other then dropping the gloves, he is clueless out there...
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby maudineormsby on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:37 am

ZenPenguin wrote:I went to bed with about 10 minutes left in the game (well, after Grier scored) last night because I couldn't take the pain any longer. Anyway, I noticed that Fedotenko scored a non-PP goal from Sid and Malkin. Please tell me MT finally took Dupius off the 1st line? Or did it just kind of work out that way because of line changes?

Thanks!

To directly answer your question, I saw no indication that MT changed any lines. The goal came shortly after a SJ goal during the 4 on 4, and it looked like MT was just using whoever had energy to play. Crosby Malkin and Tank seemed to be good to go I guess. I bet Tank wanted to make up for his penalty.
maudineormsby
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Corvidae on Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:24 pm

Pitts wrote:

Gaborik and Havlat?

Or Henrik and Daniel?

All aboard the Minard train!!! WOOO WOOOO!
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Guido on Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:33 pm

mac5155 wrote:i would possibly put cooke on sid's line.. sid could feed off his energy and he knows western conf. hockey. if not just for a few shifts thursday.

Agreed. Cooke actually dumps and chases effectively. I also like his physicality. Why not try or game or two with him, Sid, and Geno?
Guido
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Va Beach Pens Fan on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

LOL, his question still wasn't answered.... :D

Here's the highlights.... http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?hlg= ... ent=S.J498

Tank luckily had his stick on the ice as Sid tried to stickhandle going towards the puck, but lost control of the puck.... Went right to Tank who one-timed it into the net....
Va Beach Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Daniel87 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:26 pm

maudineormsby wrote:

Thanks!

To directly answer your question, I saw no indication that MT changed any lines. The goal came shortly after a SJ goal during the 4 on 4, and it looked like MT was just using whoever had energy to play. Crosby Malkin and Tank seemed to be good to go I guess. I bet Tank wanted to make up for his penalty.

Yeah because they put Tank with Malkin and Crosby on the powerplay, and he took a penalty. I thought it was a great call by Therrien to put him back out there after the penalty. He wanted to make up for it, and he did. Tank remained with Sid and Malkin for the rest of the game, so who knows? We might see him there again Thursday.
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby westside on Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:34 pm

KG wrote:
westside wrote:I was at the game last night and noticed FedKo out there a few different times with Geno and Sid late in the game, MT was really mixing the lines up. At one point I saw Godard on the 2nd line and I don't remember seeing a '4th' line at all. Biznasty could not have been on the ice for more than 3 min all game it seems like... then again I was really drunk :)

Only reason Biz see's any ice is because he is a good light heavyweight fighter. Other then dropping the gloves, he is clueless out there...

Totally true.
westside
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Tinker on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:52 pm

Aside from his penalty Fedotenko was hitting and causing some havoc. I think MT bumped him up with Sid & Geno because he saw he had jump. I noticed it just prior to middle of 3rd.
Tinker
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins