Staal's lack of passion for playing hockey...

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Staal's lack of passion for playing hockey...

Postby Dr. J on Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:49 am

They should not, for any reason, give Staal some time off. I think he has a great passion for the game--anyone see the Carolina game against big brother--he is just frustrated. He is really good at stickhandling around players and through the neutral zone, he still just needs to get stronger so he can gain the ability to finish his plays. Normally he will stick handle around a guy, and as he comes off the guy he gets bodied off the puck. That certainly is not lack of passion, its lack of size. Remember, Staal is only 20 and is still a kid. He will get much better and it will be great to watch. He had a lot of luck his rookie season with 29 goals, but he still had less than 40 points that year. Last year he had less goals, but close to the same amount of points. And anyways, not many players score 30 goals a season. Give him some time; he wont disappoint.

And by the way, it might not be such a bad thing if he has another average year this year with his contract extension coming up.
Dr. J
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby pfim on Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:50 am

This thread=wow.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Noise on Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:54 am

Keep him with Fedo and I think his confidence will start up.

That said, for the trade deadline we need to have some kind of "will they stay or will they go" game. Maybe we could tie it into the pick-a-pen game and let people bet points?
Noise
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins