Third Jerseys unveiled on Nov. 5th

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Third Jerseys unveiled on Nov. 5th

Postby Admin on Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:47 am

Killiecrankie wrote:Thats why I respect Lou Lamarillo, NJ has a very very good jersey and they have not and will not change it.

Not to ruin a good rant but:

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Killiecrankie on Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:49 am

Admin wrote:
Killiecrankie wrote:Thats why I respect Lou Lamarillo, NJ has a very very good jersey and they have not and will not change it.

Not to ruin a good rant but:

Yep I know that, I am not at all against changing jerseys per se, but Lou took over mid 90's and the current color scheme was implemented before jersey won the cup in 1995 and has remained unchanged since. If it isn't broke, dont fix it.
Killiecrankie

Postby penny lane on Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:24 pm

NHL doesn't have many revenue makers, jerseys and apparel remains a strong one. Especially for a popular team like the pens. IF the penguins were to make a major change to uniform, I see that coinciding with the new igloo in 2010. I don't see them wanting to break from the city's black/gold tradition and brand.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby wallflower on Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:27 pm

The Pens aren't going to switch to blue full time, or at least I would be completely shocked if they did. This organization is very in touch with the fan base & seems to understand the Pittsburgh sports landscape very well; they know Pittsburghers are proud about being the only city where all it's pro sports teams wear black & gold. If anything, I think the baby blue will be like the Pirates red, just a third jersey color sort of situation.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby nocera on Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:30 pm

Anybody going to this tomorrow? Post pictures! I hate waiting for icethetics to update.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby eastonpensfan on Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:23 pm

If anyone takes pictures from the event, I'd love to see them. PM me or post them here. Thanx a bunch.
eastonpensfan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby WhoDaresWins on Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:39 pm

I'm going and planned on taking pictures.
WhoDaresWins
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby newarenanow on Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:41 am

wallflower wrote:The Pens aren't going to switch to blue full time, or at least I would be completely shocked if they did. This organization is very in touch with the fan base & seems to understand the Pittsburgh sports landscape very well; they know Pittsburghers are proud about being the only city where all it's pro sports teams wear black & gold. If anything, I think the baby blue will be like the Pirates red, just a third jersey color sort of situation.

I hope you're right. If they switch to the blues full time, I'll be upset. Obviously it won't change my love for the team, but I love the black and gold and the team's good years have been represented by these colors, along with the city. I hate when teams change their whole color scheme. The team has no identity then.

I don't mind the blue as a third jersey. But they better keep the black and gold full time.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Doogs on Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:19 am

newarenanow wrote:
wallflower wrote:The Pens aren't going to switch to blue full time, or at least I would be completely shocked if they did. This organization is very in touch with the fan base & seems to understand the Pittsburgh sports landscape very well; they know Pittsburghers are proud about being the only city where all it's pro sports teams wear black & gold. If anything, I think the baby blue will be like the Pirates red, just a third jersey color sort of situation.

I hope you're right. If they switch to the blues full time, I'll be upset. Obviously it won't change my love for the team, but I love the black and gold and the team's good years have been represented by these colors, along with the city. I hate when teams change their whole color scheme. The team has no identity then.

I don't mind the blue as a third jersey. But they better keep the black and gold full time.

I'm with you new, I do hope that if the thirds are sweet that they wear them more than one or two times. I really didn't like the Steelers thirds at first, but the more they wear them they grow on me.
Doogs
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby bringitonhome on Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:34 am

I wonder when they will go on sale to the public? Anyone know or have an idea?
bringitonhome
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby newarenanow on Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:36 am

bringitonhome wrote:I wonder when they will go on sale to the public? Anyone know or have an idea?

I don't know, but I'm not buying one. I have too many jerseys. They keep changing them all the time. I'm done.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Pitts on Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:56 am

T.K. wrote:every-time a 3rd jersey was introduced it was later incorporated into the fold then took over as a regular jersey.

If this happens I will be VERY pissed...

So, we won't be seeing you at any games at that time then?
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Doogs on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:01 pm

newarenanow wrote:
bringitonhome wrote:I wonder when they will go on sale to the public? Anyone know or have an idea?

I don't know, but I'm not buying one. I have too many jerseys. They keep changing them all the time. I'm done.

I heard this from my wife, but it was after I brought up the new jersey. I got a WC one and we were talking about the new one and I said that they will be similar, and she said, "You have too many jersey's, you're done, your not buying one." :shock:
Doogs
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Admin on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:18 pm

Today per the press release:
The jerseys will be on sale starting Wednesday at all area Dick’s Sporting Goods locations.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby bringitonhome on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:24 pm

Admin wrote:

Today per the press release:
The jerseys will be on sale starting Wednesday at all area Dick’s Sporting Goods locations.

I'm hoping they are available to purchase online. If not, I might not be able to make the pickup.
bringitonhome
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Kicksave on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:27 pm

I'm shocked that there hasn't been a leak yet.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:49 pm

What time is the big reveal?
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Admin on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:52 pm

Kicksave wrote:I'm shocked that there hasn't been a leak yet.

They learned their lesson from last time.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby netwolf on Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:43 pm

newarenanow wrote:I don't mind the blue as a third jersey. But they better keep the black and gold full time.

They already got rid of black and gold. They've been black and brown for a while now. Pfft.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby THEM_BONES on Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:54 pm

A store downtown is already selling them, saw them on my lunch break
THEM_BONES

Postby Killiecrankie on Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:42 pm

THEM_BONES wrote:A store downtown is already selling them, saw them on my lunch break

Where at? Macy's? I live downtown and I could go photograph em with my cell phone
Killiecrankie

Postby penny lane on Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:50 pm

listening to the X, for all of you going tonight, Mr. Mark Madden will be there also. :P

Jerseys could be at Honus Wagner sports store.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby cs6687 on Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:14 pm

Was going to go, girlfriend bailed because of fatigue. Then she wouldn't shut up and let me talk, so she got dumped.
cs6687
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:16 pm

cs6687 wrote:Was going to go, girlfriend bailed because of fatigue. Then she wouldn't shut up and let me talk, so she got dumped.

:?
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby LostPenguin on Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:17 pm

THEM_BONES wrote:A store downtown is already selling them, saw them on my lunch break

If you did see them, You could've described them just a bit, you know. Would've upped your cred.

J
LostPenguin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins