Official GDT - 10/30/08 Penguins at Coyotes

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official GDT - 10/30/08 Penguins at Coyotes

Postby PensFanBryan on Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:07 am

Karl_Racki wrote:
PensFanBryan wrote:Staal has to go. He is so slow. He looks so bad when he is handling the puck. If Atlanta took him off our hands I'd be so happy. But, right now, Jordan is my least favorite penguin. I can probably say nice stuff about every penguin, except Jordan. He needs to be scratched a night. His offensive zone play just is not acceptable.

If I could I'd send Jordan Staal to the AHL, keep Minard up, and bring up Pessonen.
Dupuis - Crosby - Sykora
Pessonen - Malkin - Minard
Fedotenko - Talbot - Satan
Godard - Zigomanus - Cooke

:roll:

Two AHLers with Malkin

Minard is a scorer. Hes been a scorer at every level he has played at. He has not been given much chance in the NHL. And when the pens gave him a chance last year, he got a goal. I think he has a good, sneaky shot. I think MT should give him a chance. It cannot be any worse than Staal or Cooke on Malkin's wing. I put Pessonen on Malkin's wing cause there no reason for him to be here if he is going to be 3rd or 4th liner.

Proof Minard is a scorer, and that he has been a scoer at every level he has played:
http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=31762
PensFanBryan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby netwolf on Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:11 am

I honestly don't know what happened with Satan. During camp and preseason, the Crosby/Satan duo looked every bit as dangerous and Malkin/Sykora did last year. I realize regular season is an entirely different animal, and I didn't think they'd maintain that level for 82 games, but I didn't think they'd flatline this early either. I probably would have left them together longer, but I understand why Therrien felt the need to make the move.

The really odd thing is despite Satan being shuffled around the roster, he's leading the team in goals with 5. Go figure.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanBryan on Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:14 am

netwolf wrote:I honestly don't know what happened with Satan. During camp and preseason, the Crosby/Satan duo looked every bit as dangerous and Malkin/Sykora did last year. I realize regular season is an entirely different animal, and I didn't think they'd maintain that level for 82 games, but I didn't think they'd flatline this early either. I probably would have left them together longer, but I understand why Therrien felt the need to make the move.

The really odd thing is despite Satan being shuffled around the roster, he's leading the team in goals with 5. Go figure.

Well, I believe 4 of 5 of his goals are PP goals. And he is still on the #1 PP unit. So that explains why he leads the team with 5.
PensFanBryan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:14 am

netwolf wrote:I honestly don't know what happened with Satan. During camp and preseason, the Crosby/Satan duo looked every bit as dangerous and Malkin/Sykora did last year. I realize regular season is an entirely different animal, and I didn't think they'd maintain that level for 82 games, but I didn't think they'd flatline this early either. I probably would have left them together longer, but I understand why Therrien felt the need to make the move.

I really hope he gets put back there. They didn't even really give them a chance to do anything especially right after the nearly week long layoff. That probably hurt them as much as the travel would have. I'm glad they got the rest, because it would have come back to bite them, but we should have been ready for some rust the next couple games after that. Sid and Satan should have stayed together longer.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby 71Aj66ax87 on Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:16 am

PensFanBryan wrote:

Well, I believe 4 of 5 of his goals are PP goals. And he is still on the #1 PP unit. So that explains why he leads the team with 5.

I don't care how he gets goals,just as long as he gets them.
71Aj66ax87
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby PensFanBryan on Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:41 am

Karl_Racki wrote:
Being a score in the ECHL is a little different. I just can't see playing Minard and Pessonen with possibly your best player. Thats almost like playing Ziggy with Sid.

Minard just doesn't show the finishing touch at this level.

He had 32 goals with Lowell (AHL) two years ago and 25 last year with WBS (AHL). Like I said, he hasnt been given a chance. Until he is given a chance, how do you know that "Minard just doesnt show the finishing touch at this level."?

you should check this out, now he isnt talking about putting Minard on Malkin's line, but he giving the pros to have Minard on Crosby's line:
http://emedia.citizensvoice.com/Penguin ... fault.aspx

Also getting back to how bad Jordan is. Is it coincidence that he played his two best games against his brothers' teams (Carolina & New York R). Maybe we should get his mom and dad on the phone, and tell them they have to have 26 more Sons (one for every team).
PensFanBryan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Rocky133213 on Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:53 am

71Aj66ax87 wrote:Maybe this guy should talk to the Pens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz3KpY5lrRc

Or this guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB5-yJM3vJc

But you need to make sure his belt stays buckled!!
Rocky133213
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby SolidSnake on Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:32 am

It's MT we are dealing with here. Satan is probably wondering the same thing.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby KG on Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:44 am

Something needs to be done. The team has done nothing 5 on 5 the entire year...I keep writing the same thing after every game...Hoping one of these games they could create some type of offense at even strength...Nothing yet...

It's a combination of many things. Gonchar, Whitney hurts the transition game. Satan and Fedotenko are not adequate replacements for Hossa and Malone, and Staal has not progressed and it not capable of playing top 6 minutes....
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Penspal on Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:44 am

Its painfully obvious to me that Crosby needs a winger who will play the body down in deep, and Satan does not do that. Crosby likes to swoop into a battle and take the puck, but Satan is not even attempting these battles. If only Satan would neutralize a man and the puck along the boards, so Crosby could outman on the forcheck, it would help. I'm not sure its part of Satan's game.
Penspal
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby penny lane on Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:45 am

bewildered, befuddled, and bemused on this Halloween about the pens.
But,I do have faith & will not leave the band wagon. Even if asked :P
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins