NHL Gamecenter 10/30

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

NHL Gamecenter 10/30

Postby stucky76 on Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:48 pm

Hey guys,

Anyone having problems with Gamecenter tonight? I can't get into the site and it's not loading.
stucky76
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: NHL Gamecenter 10/30

Postby profpolisci on Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:11 pm

yup
so far ....it really sucks this year
choppy buffering
want my $$ back
profpolisci
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby RedLightDistrict on Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:17 pm

I'm having troubles, too.

I decided to give the video a try tonight and the other games are working, but the Pens game isn't.

Way to give a free preview. They'd have had my money if it'd have worked.

In fact I can't even get the radio feed to work. The Coyotes feed was working, then when I clicked for the Away team feed now nothing works -- so I'm watching the Habs game.
RedLightDistrict

Postby steve784 on Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:14 am

I totally agree with you guys. This is the worst $160 I've ever spent. Half the time the feeds are extremely choppy, theres always some sort of bug/glitch, and it was free AGAIN last night. I understand they want to promote it, but this is the 2nd time in like 2 weeks it's been free. Not only is this annoying since I pay for the service, but all the extra freeloader traffic can't be helping. What was the point of me paying for it if every few games is free. It's not the paying customers' fault that your service sucks and you charge way too much for it, therefore no one besides us idiots that have no other choice are ordering it.
steve784
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Penspal on Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:21 am

Agreed, I don't find it very smooth either. I was sort of blaming it on my PC, but I have yet to mess with my settings. I have a great connection and a great monitor, decent vid card. But its pretty choppy. Actually, it kind of reminds me of the Pens play this year.... sub par.

Has anyone actually contacted them and worked with them to improve their feed/display? Just curious because I intend to this weeekend. I was going to try a replay and tweak stuff because I hate doing it during a Pens game.
Penspal
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:12 am

Ridiculous marketing policy to give a free trial to a buggy system that barely works for paying subscribers.

I think it's also a sin that they charge the same price as Center Ice. It should be a fraction of that price, but they are probably worried about lost revenue from the various cable and satellite vendors. Dumb, dumb, dumb.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins