What's the word on Crosby's injury?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: What's the word on Crosby's injury?

Postby cojac on Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:53 am

netwolf wrote:
Easton wrote:I didn't catch this - but someone asked the question about not buying into the system. Did they say a player's name said that, or was it just a question as to whether or not the players were not buying into it?

Rossi asked that. He attributed the "not buying into the system" line to Jordan Staal.

MT blamed the players for not buying into the system for the lack of scoring.
cojac
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Easton on Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:53 am

Kraftster wrote:
netwolf wrote:
Easton wrote:I didn't catch this - but someone asked the question about not buying into the system. Did they say a player's name said that, or was it just a question as to whether or not the players were not buying into it?

Rossi asked that. He attributed the "not buying into the system" line to Jordan Staal.

Anytime you see 'Rossi' and 'attribute' in the same sentence its time to be sketchy.

Agreed. I thought it was someone else asking the question, making it you know, a little bit more legit.
Easton
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby netwolf on Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:02 am

Easton wrote:
Kraftster wrote:Anytime you see 'Rossi' and 'attribute' in the same sentence its time to be sketchy.

Agreed. I thought it was someone else asking the question, making it you know, a little bit more legit.

FSN just aired it. Staal definitely said it. Rossi gets a pass. :D
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Easton on Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:04 am

netwolf wrote:
Easton wrote:
Kraftster wrote:Anytime you see 'Rossi' and 'attribute' in the same sentence its time to be sketchy.

FSN just aired it. Staal definitely said it. Rossi gets a pass. :D

Rossi: 1
Easton: 0
Easton
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby scals37 on Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:47 am

how can this team fall apart so bad like this right now........
scals37
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby dogwithshftyeyes on Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:51 am

scals37 wrote:how can this team fall apart so bad like this right now........

taking into account the injuries to gonch and whitney, the team has lost wayyyy more than it gained since the end of last season. couple that with a lack of effort/heart/hustle. and you get a below average team.
dogwithshftyeyes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Elementary Penguin on Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:05 am

Crosby will probably just miss the next game at St. Louis, then be fine. How do I know this? Because I have tickets to that game, and it's the first time the Pens have been here in 3 years, and this $#%* always happens to me. I think Mario was hurt a few years back when they came here. He got hurt the game before the game here. I KNEW this was going to happen. Aaargh!
Elementary Penguin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby nocera on Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:29 am

scals37 wrote:how can this team fall apart so bad like this right now........

Better to happen now than March.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby penny lane on Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:38 am

Elementary Penguin wrote:Crosby will probably just miss the next game at St. Louis, then be fine. How do I know this? Because I have tickets to that game, and it's the first time the Pens have been here in 3 years, and this $#%* always happens to me. I think Mario was hurt a few years back when they came here. He got hurt the game before the game here. I KNEW this was going to happen. Aaargh!

here's hoping no. That stinks for you. positive thoughts for you, the pens, and Sidney.

I wonder if when Jokinen had that inadvertent stick on Sid, going to the bench, his body /skates going in different directions...something twisted /pulled.

Feel better Sid.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby holeinone on Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:44 am

I thought that I would never say this but the time has come. The NJ Devils are more exciting to watch than the Penguins. They hustle, the forecheck, they SHOOT the puck, they hit and overall, without a superstar, have more offensive talent on their team. I know that is sacreligous but it has come to that sad fact. And coming from me that is a major statement. I hate the Devils for how they ruined hockey but the facts are facts. This team has no heart no magic. Last year they found a way, this year they don't have a clue. It's a sad day for hockey in Pittsburgh.
holeinone
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby SteelTown66 on Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:03 am

holeinone wrote:I thought that I would never say this but the time has come. The NJ Devils are more exciting to watch than the Penguins. They hustle, the forecheck, they SHOOT the puck, they hit and overall, without a superstar, have more offensive talent on their team. I know that is sacreligous but it has come to that sad fact. And coming from me that is a major statement. I hate the Devils for how they ruined hockey but the facts are facts. This team has no heart no magic. Last year they found a way, this year they don't have a clue. It's a sad day for hockey in Pittsburgh.

Relax! Do you remember the start of last year? Or, did you jump on the bandwagon midway through last year? IT'S EARLY. Yes, the Pens are playing like junk but it's still way too early. The sky is falling mentality has to go. This team is way too talented to stay down. You'll see when they start to jell. So relax...it's part of the ride.
SteelTown66
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby CKA24 on Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:04 am

I was thinking the same thing last night -- have we become the NJ Devils? Steigy is raving about defensive numbers, we score few goals, and can be super boring to watch.

I hope Sidney is OK. The only good that can come of this is if Peso is called up and takes the NHL by storm! (*Here's hoping!*)
CKA24
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby jf on Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:07 am

I am beginning to think that Sid overtrains during the season .
jf
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby PensFanInDC on Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:07 am

SteelTown66 wrote:
holeinone wrote:I thought that I would never say this but the time has come. The NJ Devils are more exciting to watch than the Penguins. They hustle, the forecheck, they SHOOT the puck, they hit and overall, without a superstar, have more offensive talent on their team. I know that is sacreligous but it has come to that sad fact. And coming from me that is a major statement. I hate the Devils for how they ruined hockey but the facts are facts. This team has no heart no magic. Last year they found a way, this year they don't have a clue. It's a sad day for hockey in Pittsburgh.

Relax! Do you remember the start of last year? Or, did you jump on the bandwagon midway through last year? IT'S EARLY. Yes, the Pens are playing like junk but it's still way too early. The sky is falling mentality has to go. This team is way too talented to stay down. You'll see when they start to jell. So relax...it's part of the ride.

WOAH THERE BUDDY! Some people don't like positive talk here! You may even get accused of being an a-hole for doing so.

Dont you know that when you post something optimistic or positive it means you are insulting and being being condescending to other posters?
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Nizzy on Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:19 am

cojac wrote:
netwolf wrote:

MT blamed the players for not buying into the system for the lack of scoring.

I don't know about you guys but I'm done with MT's "system" the dump and chase doesn't work vs these great puck possesion teams like Wings, Sharks. The Sharks played a system under ron wilson, now they have a new coach and are playing amazing because he is letting his players "play" more.
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Jesse on Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:49 am

PensFanInDC wrote:
SteelTown66 wrote:

WOAH THERE BUDDY! Some people don't like positive talk here! You may even get accused of being an a-hole for doing so.

Dont you know that when you post something optimistic or positive it means you are insulting and being being condescending to other posters?

I am saving holeinone's posts so that in three months I can make a thread about it and mock all the early season haters in one fell swoop.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby mac5155 on Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:19 am

"It seems like our guys aren't really buying into our system and working hard, basically," Staal said. "It's really frustrating for everyone."
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mac5155 on Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:21 am

espn just showed a clip of sid taking a cross check to the lower rib area.. maybe hip?
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Member on Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:22 am

mac5155 wrote:
"It seems like our guys aren't really buying into our system and working hard, basically," Staal said. "It's really frustrating for everyone."

Crosby didn't really agree with Staal. The lockerroom is divided!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby CBear3 on Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:23 am

Elementary Penguin wrote:Crosby will probably just miss the next game at St. Louis, then be fine. How do I know this? Because I have tickets to that game, and it's the first time the Pens have been here in 3 years, and this $#%* always happens to me. I think Mario was hurt a few years back when they came here. He got hurt the game before the game here. I KNEW this was going to happen. Aaargh!

Exact same here, Mario's heart problems started right before that game I think...
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby gregor on Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:29 am

Sid's injury prone, and he has peaked. trade the bum.

Crosby for Kopitar and a 4th

do it RS

<sarcasm>
gregor
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby BurghThing on Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:38 am

At least Staal sees things the way some of us do, "I'm definitely one of them. I'm not playing my best and neither are a lot of players on this team. It's a frustrating time right now."
BurghThing
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby JoseCuervo on Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:15 am

I haven't been able to see Sid play live yet.

If he sits out the St. Louis game, I will kill someone.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Mongoose87 on Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:50 am

Blessing in disguise. Last time Sid got hurt, Geno catapulted us into the playoffs, with the help of strong goaltending. We still have those two elements.
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Bathgate on Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:36 pm

To me, it seems likely that something has been bothering Sid all this season. Maybe it's the ankle or something else. Maybe last night's injury is an aggravation of what's been wrong or maybe it's a new injury. Healthy or not, Sid needs to SHOOT the freakin' puck more often.
Bathgate
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins