Satan's Misconduct

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Satan's Misconduct

Postby npv708 on Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:12 am

I don't know about the yotes feed, but fsn didn't mention anything. Did they really give a freaking misconduct penalty to Satan for ARGUING a call? What did he actually do, call out mcreary for the crappy game he was already calling. Don't get me wrong, that was a hook on Satan's part, but come on is it really worth 10 minutes?
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Satan's Misconduct

Postby bhaw on Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:18 am

He got one. I couldn't tell for what. he wasn't throwing a fit by any means. Maybe he said something exceptionally nasty.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:14 am

He probably started speaking in the exorcist voice and the refs thought it best to get him off the ice.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Waffles on Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:53 am

Thread over. Idoit40fans wins.
Waffles
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby poisonfan2003 on Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:31 am

I tell you what, Fox sports did not show a replay, but if what I saw originally is correct he has every right to blow up because it looked like he was going for the puck in the corner and satan was the one hooked not a coyote.
poisonfan2003
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Penspal on Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:34 am

Yes, the Yotes announcers were all over the misconduct call. The were extremely critical of players when players made bad decisions, especially Darren Pang, and Satan did get his share. Taking that call when being down and down Crosby was..... very Satanic I guess. Too bad, cause his goal was "special" (<---insert SNL voiceover here).

The did a very honest comparison of Crosby vs. Gretzky, and basically said that all such comparisons should stop. And I agree, based on statistics, they should stop. The showed how he would have to average incredible numbers for the next 17 years to match Gretzky, and that is just not going to happen in today's NHL. I think in the talent Crosby playing back in that day would have give Gretzky a run, but not in today's game.
Penspal
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby SolidSnake on Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:38 am

If Mcreary called it then it doesn't surprise me.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: "Whatcha you be smokin' cuz? you guys aren't nothing but hoopty"

Postby Penspal on Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:40 am

I don't know about the misconduct, but Sata did deserve the call. He put his stick in that new "zone" from beside/behind.

And to be honest, I did see Satan chirping the call and after seeing how frustrated the Pens were, I really would not be surprised at him losing it.
Penspal
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby ffemtreed on Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:22 am

At least he is showing some kind of concern and not just blowing it off like 90% of the team. We need more passion!!! it worked out good for me since I have him on my fantasy team :)
ffemtreed
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:10 am

Thread titles sounds like a new metal band name. :lol:
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby crayz on Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:13 am

Last nights game was a horrible broadcast imo. At the start of the 3rd, you saw Crosby go to the bench early in a shift, they zoom in on him and he looks like he is in some pain. For the next 5 minutes, he doesn't touch the ice, they roll through his line and put Talbot there. The powerplay comes out, and Sid is on the bench for the first half. Finally he comes on the ice, and steggy mentions a pass from Sid. Then he leave and they say he walked out.

Did anyone else notice this? They were too busy just talking about other stuff to notice the best player in the league is on the bench in pain and missed 2 shifts....and wasn't out on the power play? I would think that would be worth mentioning......
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby shane613 on Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:07 pm

They didn't show Satan arguing with the refs at all, so I dunno if he deserved the misconduct or not.... And I agree about them not showing Crosby, it was a terrible broadcast all around.
shane613
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby littlemoonboot on Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:09 pm

Two words: projectile vomiting.
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Shyster on Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:12 pm

I awlays throught it should be a rule that if a player gets a penalty for cursing at the refs, what he said has to be announced as part of the penalty call: "Pittsburgh penalty, number 81, unsportsmanlike conduct, called me a [bleeeeeeeep] and then told me to go [bleeeeeeeep] [bleeeeeeeep] mother [bleeeeeeeep] [bleeeeeeeep] dogs [bleeeeeeeep] [bleeeeeeeep] paper bag."
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Iof holdfy cap one on Shydyers is dpoubd go plkease peyay fewr mew

Postby jjwags on Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:13 pm

or the fact that Crosby was on the second PP unit in the offense of zone and did not take the faceoff
then skated off and never was seen again
jjwags
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby booboo on Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:44 pm

Shyster wrote:I awlays throught it should be a rule that if a player gets a penalty for cursing at the refs, what he said has to be announced as part of the penalty call: "Pittsburgh penalty, number 81, unsportsmanlike conduct, called me a [bleeeeeeeep] and then told me to go [bleeeeeeeep] [bleeeeeeeep] mother [bleeeeeeeep] [bleeeeeeeep] dogs [bleeeeeeeep] [bleeeeeeeep] paper bag."

I like that. This change, if implemented, would fill up the arenas in some areas, eg. in Newark.
booboo
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Sarcastic on Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:56 pm

Penspal wrote:The did a very honest comparison of Crosby vs. Gretzky, and basically said that all such comparisons should stop. And I agree, based on statistics, they should stop. The showed how he would have to average incredible numbers for the next 17 years to match Gretzky, and that is just not going to happen in today's NHL. I think in the talent Crosby playing back in that day would have give Gretzky a run, but not in today's game.

I think the Gretzky/Crosby comparison isn't valid mainly because Gretzky was light years ahead of everyone else in the league (until Mario). When you look at Crosby, he isn't that much better than Malkin or Ovechkin - if at all. That alone shows that he isn't as dominant, compared to his peers, as Gretzky was to his. It has nothing to do with the type of hockey played then and now.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanBryan on Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:01 pm

I dont really know what he had to argue about on that call. It looked no question as a good call.
PensFanBryan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby PenguinMan on Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:07 pm

Sarcastic wrote:
Penspal wrote:The did a very honest comparison of Crosby vs. Gretzky, and basically said that all such comparisons should stop. And I agree, based on statistics, they should stop. The showed how he would have to average incredible numbers for the next 17 years to match Gretzky, and that is just not going to happen in today's NHL. I think in the talent Crosby playing back in that day would have give Gretzky a run, but not in today's game.

I think the Gretzky/Crosby comparison isn't valid mainly because Gretzky was light years ahead of everyone else in the league (until Mario). When you look at Crosby, he isn't that much better than Malkin or Ovechkin - if at all. That alone shows that he isn't as dominant, compared to his peers, as Gretzky was to his. It has nothing to do with the type of hockey played then and now.

I think it does to certain extent, Gretz didn't have to face overs sized goalie equipment and elaborate trapping systems we have now.
PenguinMan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins