Semin -- "What's so special about Crosby?"

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Semin -- "What's so special about Crosby?"

Postby profpolisci on Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:44 am

netwolf wrote:Just in case anyone is too lazy to click the above link and navigate to the video, here's a direct link to that:
http://penguins.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp ... 6&id=24585

The look on his face and the laugh before he starts talking is tremendous.

By the way, is there some kind of rule that requires everyone that's written about this since it happened to repeat Alexander Semin's entire quote? I mean, at this point, is there anyone that cares that doesn't know what was said at this point?

profpolisci
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby LdubsRoot23 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:04 am

Ginger wrote:
Gilmore_Tuttle wrote:
Well how about just outplaying someone instead of running your mouth in an interview, or maybe knockin there lights out when you play them... That would be better than whining about how you dont understand what all the hub bub is about.... JUST BE BETTER!

He's whining & running his mouth off because he gives an opinion? So does that mean that every person here that doesn't conform to the way you think personally is whining & running their mouth off?
Everyone here talks & discusses their thoughts about players - ours as well as other teams. They're not whining or running their mouths off. They're simply expressing an opinion.

C'mon, you're looking a bit silly here with this. He didn't say he was better. He didn't say any other player was better. He stated that he didn't understand the over-aired adoration of Sid. He's certainly not the first to wonder that, believe me. Being an elite player like Sid is one thing, but being a media that makes him sound like 'the second coming' is becoming more often annoying than anything else. Even to some Pens fans.

Heaven help those hockey fans who aren't Pens fans & have to listen to it all the time. Which I'm sure you're not going to agree with. :wink:

This isn't about having an opinion. If all he said was "Crosby gets too much attention" that would be a fair assessment. But he likened the guy to "dead wood." As a guy that has sat on the bench and watched Sid destroy his team since he came into the league, (his average against the Caps has been something ridiculous) to say that he's nothing special is just ignorant. It's like getting your you-know-what kicked by a guy and still calling him a wuss.

Semin should take some cues from Sid, and shut his mouth, score more than 73 points in a season, and not get kicked off his national team.
LdubsRoot23
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:06 am

profpolisci wrote:
netwolf wrote:Just in case anyone is too lazy to click the above link and navigate to the video, here's a direct link to that:
http://penguins.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp ... 6&id=24585

The look on his face and the laugh before he starts talking is tremendous.

By the way, is there some kind of rule that requires everyone that's written about this since it happened to repeat Alexander Semin's entire quote? I mean, at this point, is there anyone that cares that doesn't know what was said at this point?

I am a little drunk, but still, that is a hilarious image.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby dagny on Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:41 am

Thanks net and sj!

That was a great response from MT. :lol:

I'm still wondering, how referring to someone as dead wood translates to English. Is dead wood a common descriptive phrase in Russia? :lol:
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:50 am

I just wish Sid or HCMT had laid this gem on the media: "Opinions are like <anal orifices>; everyone has one."

Now THAT would have been funny. ;)
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby sj? on Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:28 pm

dagny wrote:Thanks net and sj!

That was a great response from MT. :lol:

I'm still wondering, how referring to someone as dead wood translates to English. Is dead wood a common descriptive phrase in Russia? :lol:

I wondered that too .. I like how sweaty Teddy tried to smooth it over .. something got lost in translation .. ummm yeah, ok ! :?
sj?
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins