Halloween Prospect Report.

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Halloween Prospect Report.

Postby Jesse on Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:13 pm

Just a few tidbits on some of our guys in Junior.

Nathan Moon played the best game I've ever seen him play last night against Brampton. The Battallion were all over him and shadowed him all game long. He fought through checks all night and played with intensity, he was rewarded with a goal and an assist. His assist was a thing of beauty. He grabbed the puck behind the net, deked through the circle, did some fancy stickwork in the boards, skated up to the point, and made a drop pass to the defenseman that blasted it home through a screen. Some great dipsy-doodling by Moon. His goal was a result of him getting to the net and tapping home a solid rebound chance. He's been playing with a lot of fire and taking some liberties with the opposition. He's been in a few scrums and has taken some roughing penalties. Moon now has 7 goals and 11 assists for 18 points in 15 games. Not bad, considering Kingston has only earned 10 of a possible 30 points this year.

After cooling off a bit, CPZ scored a goal last game. Vancouver continued to roll on. It might be worth looking at Evander Kane in this draft class. He and CPZ are magic together. CPZ now has 4 goals and 21 assists for 25 points in 14 games.

Alex Grant has certainly earned his entry level deal. He is the next young, offensive protege on defense. Last night, he racked up 11 PIM and a game misconduct against Halifax and absolutely flipped out. Prior to that, he managed the lone goal in a 5-1 loss against the Moncton Wildcats, who have yet to lose a game. Despite his team letting up five goals, Grant was not on the ice for any of them. Alex Grant now has 4 goals and 8 assists for 12 points in 11 games.

From the looks of the early season stats, Carl Sneep is making the most of his increased ice time. He has 1 goal and 3 assists for 4 points in five games for the Eagles. As I said last year, his game has really evened out, and I plan on catching a few of his games in the upcoming month. I'll keep everyone posted.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Halloween Prospect Report.

Postby purelebo84 on Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:28 pm

Alex Grant just went over 100 junior points a few weeks ago. Nice accomplishment probably helped out in getting that deal done.

CPZ and Evander Kane seem to be quite a duo too for Vancouver.

Kane's going to be a top 10 pick pretty easily in a few years.
purelebo84
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby pens_CT on Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:10 pm

Jesse:

How do you rank Alex Grant's potential compared to Letang and Goligoski? Is Grant still age eligible to play for Canada in the world (U-20) junior tourney? If so do you think he has a shot at making that team?
pens_CT
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Jesse on Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:25 am

CT:

He's got good potential. I think he's a little less talented offensively, but has the size to be more effective in other areas.

I'll check on his U20 eligibility.

Bad news:

Nathan Moon is out indefinitely with a separated shoulder.

http://www.faceoff-factor.com/pittsburg ... definitely
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby farnham16 on Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:44 am

Jesse wrote:CT:

He's got good potential. I think he's a little less talented offensively, but has the size to be more effective in other areas.

I'll check on his U20 eligibility.

Bad news:

Nathan Moon is out indefinitely with a separated shoulder.

http://www.faceoff-factor.com/pittsburg ... definitely

Not even our prospects can stay healthy this year. :(
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins