Great Day for Hockey Commercial!

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Great Day for Hockey Commercial!

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:34 pm

zarleyzalapskisarmy wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:I think someone just forgot that it wasn't actually the Ramones who first did the song.

Thanks for speaking for me, but I've known most of my life who did the original version. Doesn't matter really, we are just making conversation. Isn't that what message boards are for? I'd rather read stuff like this in November than the same posts about firing MT or trading Staal.

No problem, I speak for people all the time, and I'll continue to do it. Thats what goes on on message boards.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Ben Klingston on Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:38 pm

zarleyzalapskisarmy wrote:One version is done by a band who's success will forever be measured by selling out the Gateway Clipper.

Granted, despite a few flirts with national exposure (movie soundstracks, Letterman), they never 'made it big'. But 20 years in a band with their college friends and not holding a 'real job' yet living a very comfortable life... I wish I had that kind of limited success. The Gateway Clipper must pay. Playing regular clubs up and down the east coast does, also.

I like the song, but that's not the reason I like the commercial... that reason is the shot of the army of 17000+ al l jumping up in unison while Sid raises his arms celebrating the GWG in Game 1 vs. NYR. Chills.

Oh, and for those complaining about the constant exposure.... have you ever watched FSNP before? They do that with commercials, promos, etc. year after year after year. The best promo in the world gets old after the 359th time it is played.
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby ru10tu10 on Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:08 pm

Ben Klingston wrote:
I like the song, but that's not the reason I like the commercial... that reason is the shot of the army of 17000+ al l jumping up in unison while Sid raises his arms celebrating the GWG in Game 1 vs. NYR. Chills.

That and the Malkin blast on Biron from about 12 feet.

"Hey Antero, hand me my brown, er, black pants please"
ru10tu10
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby skeeter14 on Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:34 pm

i can't lie, the first few times I saw it, I actually got teary-eyed. I think it's because it was a good reminder that the Penguins were almost gone for good (despite what Mario said :wink:) and how awesome it is to be a Pens fan now :D
skeeter14
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby WWGRD on Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:07 pm

I just realized - the Malkin slapshot on Biron might be my favorite goal of all-time.

Not a big fan of this specific commercial, however.
WWGRD
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby wallflower on Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:17 pm

WWGRD wrote:I just realized - the Malkin slapshot on Biron might be my favorite goal of all-time.

Same here. It's such an incredible goal and then his celebration was epic.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby WWGRD on Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:21 pm

And there was sort of a meaning behind the slapshot (because Richards pummeled him seconds before)

Great stuff.
WWGRD
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:28 am

My favorite goal is still the Francis goal in which he took it out of the air between his legs. Its hard to describe, but if you've seen it, you know exactly what i'm talking about. After that its crosby's deflection from last year where he deflects it through his legs behind him. I can't describe it well because i'm not sober.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby heshootsandscores on Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:20 pm

I still get great feelings about this commercial!

WOOOO HOOOO

30 more years of penguin hockey!!!!
heshootsandscores
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins