Our Problems Are Solved...

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Our Problems Are Solved...

Postby Rocco on Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:27 pm

That would give MT another reason to keep Satan off the top two lines. I could see it happening.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby booboo on Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:00 am

TheTimeHasCome wrote:
cojac wrote:Vancouver has placed Michel Ouellet on re-entry waivers. $600K is his price.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=11009

We should probably pass on Ouellet for now considering Staal is playing his role anyway, and I use the word "playing" very carefully

Wow. Come to think of it, has not the start of Staal's scoring slump been correlated with the departure of Mango Salsa? Bring the Caveman back to fix the Gonk :)
booboo
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Penspal on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:26 pm

No one claimed him, he's going to the 'nucks

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=254778& ... dlines_nhl
Penspal
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Jim on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:53 pm

I guess there are 29 GMs out there that realize that goals are not the only aspect of the game.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Rocco on Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:39 pm

Jim wrote:I guess there are 29 GMs out there that realize that goals are not the only aspect of the game.

It's not like he's even that good of a goal-scorer to overcome his deficiencies in just about every other aspect of his game. If all you can do is score, you'd better be a phenomenal scorer.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Jim on Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:16 am

Rocco wrote:
Jim wrote:I guess there are 29 GMs out there that realize that goals are not the only aspect of the game.

It's not like he's even that good of a goal-scorer to overcome his deficiencies in just about every other aspect of his game. If all you can do is score, you'd better be a phenomenal scorer.

I agree, but that was the argument when he levt here. People were upset because he had goals. They ignored that he just stood to the goalie's right and did nothing except slap at pucks... but that was their argument anyway.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins