I Love hearing about hockey on MNF ( :

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

I Love hearing about hockey on MNF ( :

Postby ryan21081 on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:16 pm

I just thought I'd mention this since we are off til thursday.For the second time in 3 weeks on monday nite football tony cornheiser referenced the nhl.

First he commented about sf coach being fired with a winning record he said something like that just doesn't happen unless you are the nj devils who fired their coach with one of the top playoff spots already sewed up.

The last nite at the end of the game he commented on how most of the home crowd had left but there was still a sea of black n gold. He started talking about how penguin fans take over capitals home games on a regular basis. He said it was cuz penguin tix were some of the most expensive in the league but the real reason is we are just everywhere. Even if they cost 2x it doesn't really make sense to go all the way to washington.Go Pens!!!
ryan21081
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: I Love hearing about hockey on MNF ( :

Postby mikey287 on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:23 pm

They also mentioned on Sunday Night football the other night that the Colts have everyone but Martin Brodeur back there (in the last seconds of an 18-15 game and the Patriots 80 yards from the end zone)...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DocEmrick on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:33 pm

By the end of the game, football fans are too drunk to realize what's going on.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby TheHammer24 on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:57 pm

Ironically, Tony Korheiser hates hockey and the NHL and has said so explicitly on PTI.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Mongoose87 on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:59 pm

DocEmrick wrote:By the end of the game, football fans are too drunk to realize what's going on.

What's with people here and all the negativity towards football? There's no reason that Pittsburgh can't be a good football and hockey town.
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby ryan21081 on Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:01 pm

TheHammer24 wrote:Ironically, Tony Korheiser hates hockey and the NHL and has said so explicitly on PTI.

Lol if he hates it so much why does he keep bring it up? Its like a 7 year old with a crush... "I hate her" .....

Sorry for butchering his name..... I had wasnt sure exactly what it was... lol
ryan21081
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Kicksave on Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:08 pm

Mongoose87 wrote:
DocEmrick wrote:By the end of the game, football fans are too drunk to realize what's going on.

What's with people here and all the negativity towards football? There's no reason that Pittsburgh can't be a good football and hockey town.

wait....Peter?
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby wallflower on Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:14 pm

Mongoose87 wrote:

I love football but there is nothing false about that statement. A majority of football fans would be too drunk to realize what's going on by the end of the game.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby darkstar57 on Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:15 pm

Hockey is starting to gain back popularity and our pens are one of reasons why

we have a young exicitng team with a bankable super star,

Hockey is a 100 times more entertaining then basketball, but is tough for hockey to translate onto tv like basketball can which hurts the game.

My friend who was a die hard NBA fan but married a hockey fan loves going to hockey games now more then basketball because he says is more exiciting and follows the devils to a little bit less degree then the Nets (Granted we both live in NJ and have to watch the devils play).

Basketball Players are over paid and take games off if they feel like it, if we had a good commish, he would capalitize on it
darkstar57
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish

Postby Member on Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:16 pm

mikey287 wrote:They also mentioned on Sunday Night football the other night that the Colts have everyone but Martin Brodeur back there (in the last seconds of an 18-15 game and the Patriots 80 yards from the end zone)...

Yeah, that reference didn't make any sense at all.
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:21 pm

Mike Tirico is a good sports man.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby ryan21081 on Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:22 pm

Mongoose87 wrote:

There is indeed a bit of antimosity between the diehard Steeler v Pens fans.
Personally, I love both sports but I love hockey more mainly because nfl players get away with murder and hockey players are humble people and barely get in any trouble. Some Steeler fans acted very inconsiderate when the Pens were on the verge of leaving and that tainted my view of them. ''Hockey? Who cares they'll be gone next year anyway". If the shoe were on the other foot (and believe me at the rate prices of nfl stadiums are increasing it could definately happen) most of us (Pens fans)would have never acted that way.

In my opinion football attracts some of the most classless people. When I was at the Giants @ Steelers game last week I almost punched this Steeler fan in the face. A giants fan as at the urinal and taking a little extra time and a steeler fan pushed the guy in front of him into the guy. Somone shouted "show some class, this isnt Philadelphia" and he shouted back "Class doesnt matter, wins do".This is just one of the many reasons I distance myself from steeler/football fans in general.

Granted one or two bad apples dont make the entire bunch bad but they show time and time again this is their mentality.
ryan21081
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Admin on Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:38 pm

TheHammer24 wrote:Ironically, Tony Korheiser hates hockey and the NHL and has said so explicitly on PTI.

He loves to hate hockey. He's gotten lots of mileage and column inches out of calling the Caps "choking dogs" in the Washington Post. :lol:
Admin
Site Admin

Postby darkstar57 on Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:09 pm

Admin wrote:

He loves to hate hockey. He's gotten lots of mileage and column inches out of calling the Caps "choking dogs" in the Washington Post. :lol:

DENNIS MILLER RULES
darkstar57
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins