Fleury

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Fleury

Postby Senka on Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:54 pm

yes.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby newarenanow on Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:57 pm

I think if he keeps playing hte way he is, he definitely deserves it.

Rob Rossi was just talking yesterday that he believes with Brodeur out, Fluery is now the number 1 goaltender in the Eastern Conference.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shane613 on Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:57 pm

he better be!
shane613
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Doogs on Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:59 pm

I have ALWAYS hated that they call him King Henrik!!! To borrow a MM line, who did he ever beat?, but it is hard to discount his play.
Doogs
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Doogs on Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:08 pm

pens20 wrote:
Doogs wrote:I have ALWAYS hated that they call him King Henrik!!! To borrow a MM line, who did he ever beat?, but it is hard to discount his play.

Yeah, i forgot how to spell his last name.

Wasn't about your post, just that personal ICK that I feel ANYTIME I hear him referred to as... well you know.
Doogs
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Mongoose87 on Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:13 pm

pens20 wrote:Right now Fleury trails all but Ward in GAA and Sv%:
Miller, Thomas, Auld, Smith and Ward
As well as Price, Henrik and Brodueur
I guess some could argue that any of these other goalies, besides Brodueur deserve a spot.

Statistics don't tell the whole story.
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Pitts on Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:17 pm

Ryan Miller is having a lights out All Star season in Buffalo.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensHckyFan79 on Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:49 pm

It will be close... There are a lot of good goaltenders in both conferences. I think it depends more on how your team does than the goalie.
With that said i believe fluery should be in the lineup

Miller, Fluery, Henrik
PensHckyFan79
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby littlemoonboot on Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:56 pm

littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:47 pm

Price should be there. Well I expect him to be anyway.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Sabres_Fan on Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:50 pm

The thing that hurts MAF is the 40+ shots he faces a night. Sure his Sv% looks good but it hurts his GAA. Plus NYR= Henriks team, Buf= Vanek's and Millers team, NJD= Martys team, Thomas= Chara and Thomas' team, Pgh= Malkin and Crosby's team. MAF is standing behind a couple huge shadows.

Look at Billy Smith and Fuhr. They sometimes never got their due because "Its easy to win games when you can let up 4 goals and still win by 3"
Sabres_Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: Pittsburgh, pa (via Buffalo in a little town known as Pominville)

Postby The Snapshot on Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:58 pm

Pitts wrote:Ryan Miller is having a lights out All Star season in Buffalo.

He surely is. Price and Lundqvist are also playing really well. I can see an argument for Fleury ahead of either one of those guys, but Miller was playing better than Marty or any of these other guys.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby darkstar57 on Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:58 pm

Sabres_Fan wrote:The thing that hurts MAF is the 40+ shots he faces a night. Sure his Sv% looks good but it hurts his GAA. Plus NYR= Henriks team, Buf= Vanek's and Millers team, NJD= Martys team, Thomas= Chara and Thomas' team, Pgh= Malkin and Crosby's team. MAF is standing behind a couple huge shadows.

Look at Billy Smith and Fuhr. They sometimes never got their due because "Its easy to win games when you can let up 4 goals and still win by 3"

I can see that, but i have a friend that barely followed hockey and he watched game 5 of the stanley cup and i was getting a text minute every few moments from him going WOW FLEURY AGAIN. That is the type of person that will vote for him. The cup finals made fleury a name for himself in what i like to call the occasional hockey fans mind. He will get alot of votes from that.

Its going to be Brodeur (Name Vote), Fleury (Name Vote), and possibly Miller (Great Amp Commerical, your momma) or King Henry (NY Media)

Price will replace Brodeur
darkstar57
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish

Postby scals37 on Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:05 pm

yea, and if last seasons jersey sales show anything for the vote... lundquist was third i believe
scals37
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby pens#1 on Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:25 pm

people....isnt MT the coach of the East???? i cant see MAF not making it, wait
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby ryan21081 on Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:08 pm

pens20 wrote:With Brodeur out 3-4 months, and Fleury's continued (from last season) excellent play this season, do you think Fleury will be named to the All-Star game in Montreal?

Price
King Henrik
Fleury?

You people have got to be kidding me.... 4 goals in the third period? Twice?? When the pens are up hes daydreaming and still allows at least a soft goal every other game...... In the Washington game he was cought daydreaming on a faceoff to his left and what about that lame rap arround goal vs Edmonton?

Fleury is a solid everery day Nhl goaltender but elite he is not...... He makes easy saves look spectacular and saves he should make go in all the time. I really dont understand why so many people are on his jock...... :(
ryan21081
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Why So Serious? on Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:04 pm

ryan21081 wrote:
pens20 wrote:With Brodeur out 3-4 months, and Fleury's continued (from last season) excellent play this season, do you think Fleury will be named to the All-Star game in Montreal?

Price
King Henrik
Fleury?

You people have got to be kidding me.... 4 goals in the third period? Twice?? When the pens are up hes daydreaming and still allows at least a soft goal every other game...... In the Washington game he was cought daydreaming on a faceoff to his left and what about that lame rap arround goal vs Edmonton?

Fleury is a solid everery day Nhl goaltender but elite he is not...... He makes easy saves look spectacular and saves he should make go in all the time. I really dont understand why so many people are on his jock...... :(

First of all, no goalie in the National Hockey League was going to stop that goal off the faceoff by Semin against the Capitals. And I do agree, he should have had that Hemsky goal, but are you really going to let one bad period keep you from reality? There has probably been about 2-3 games this year where Fleury has stolen ATLEAST one point. And other games where he has given the team a chance to win. And after last year's playoff run, he absolutely has answered many of the questions facing him. And thus, has become an ELITE goaltender in the National Hockey League. Every goalie has some bad games, you aren't going to get 82 shutouts a year with your goaltender. Where were you last season in the playoffs and earlier in the season? Now that Fleury had one poor period, you decide to come out of the wood works and go after him. Like seriously, what do people want out of the guy? I guess some just will never be satisfied. And I really don't understand why people like you are still criticizing him.
Why So Serious?
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby canaan on Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:05 pm

ryan21081 wrote:You people have got to be kidding me.... 4 goals in the third period? Twice?? When the pens are up hes daydreaming and still allows at least a soft goal every other game...... In the Washington game he was cought daydreaming on a faceoff to his left and what about that lame rap arround goal vs Edmonton?

i wish i could make this comment my signature, followed by the facepalm avatar. my kingdom for this ability.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Three Stars on Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:08 pm

canaan wrote:i wish i could make this comment my signature, followed by the facepalm avatar. my kingdom for this ability.

I'm going to find some obscure Wheeling Nailer to blame that game on.
Three Stars
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby ryan21081 on Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:16 pm

Why So Serious? wrote:
ryan21081 wrote:

Price
King Henrik
Fleury?

First of all, no goalie in the National Hockey League was going to stop that goal off the faceoff by Semin against the Capitals. And I do agree, he should have had that Hemsky goal, but are you really going to let one bad period keep you from reality? There has probably been about 2-3 games this year where Fleury has stolen ATLEAST one point. And other games where he has given the team a chance to win. And after last year's playoff run, he absolutely has answered many of the questions facing him. And thus, has become an ELITE goaltender in the National Hockey League. Every goalie has some bad games, you aren't going to get 82 shutouts a year with your goaltender. Where were you last season in the playoffs and earlier in the season? Now that Fleury had one poor period, you decide to come out of the wood works and go after him. Like seriously, what do people want out of the guy? I guess some just will never be satisfied. And I really don't understand why people like you are still criticizing him.

Um I am not just talking about 2 bad periods. I am talking about way too many soft goals. and as for the playoffs..... yeah he was ok in the first 3 rounds and he played 1 good game in the finals but he also had 2 SUb average starts in the finals.. the entire team was missing in games 1 and 2. Who could forget him pushing the puck into his own net in game 6? I never said he didnt belong in the NHL just that He is NOT ELITE and not an all star. He is the only core player that i do not like..... Hes a nice guy (I met him and half the team in Helsinki) but he is completely overrated.
ryan21081
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby pens#1 on Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:19 pm

wow this thread is funny hes 23!!!!!!!!!!!
maybe you dont understand 23 years old
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby canaan on Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:22 pm

Three Stars wrote:
canaan wrote:i wish i could make this comment my signature, followed by the facepalm avatar. my kingdom for this ability.

I'm going to find some obscure Wheeling Nailer to blame that game on.

Brock Sheahan (5'11'', 165lb dman) ftw!
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Why So Serious? on Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:29 pm

ryan21081 wrote:
Why So Serious? wrote:
ryan21081 wrote:

Um I am not just talking about 2 bad periods. I am talking about way too many soft goals. and as for the playoffs..... yeah he was ok in the first 3 rounds and he played 1 good game in the finals but he also had 2 SUb average starts in the finals.. the entire team was missing in games 1 and 2. Who could forget him pushing the puck into his own net in game 6? I never said he didnt belong in the NHL just that He is NOT ELITE and not an all star. He is the only core player that i do not like..... Hes a nice guy (I met him and half the team in Helsinki) but he is completely overrated.

WOW. JUST WOW. I'm done with you after that post. Unbelievable. Pathetic.
Why So Serious?
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby ryan21081 on Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:31 pm

Lol i wonder how long it will take for the insults? I understand he can still develop into a great goaltender but some people act like he is the best in the leauge which is clearly not the case.. Hopefully he proves me very wrong but I dont think he will ever be Broduer or Roy.

This message board is unbelievable.... when one disagrees the poster is automatically an idiot....
ryan21081
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby pens#1 on Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:32 pm

im sick of hearing about the Hemsky goal, if Crosby scores that we would elect him mayor and make fun of the other goalie. MAF did have a bad 3rd period but he still got us the win. We should be asking how did Hemsky get that wide open instead of bashing MAF - answer this----
what were you doing when you were 23?
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins