new nhl? or just pens played like garbage?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: new nhl? or just pens played like garbage?

Postby ffemtreed on Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:47 am

I don't know, I think last nights game came very very close to getting ugly. If the refs didn't throw that future flyer out I think it would have blown up.
ffemtreed
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby CKA24 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:51 pm

Eh... the Oilers got a dirty goal at the end of the 2nd and gained momentum.

I'm not really that upset. It was at desparate team playing desparate. Could the Pens have been better? Of course, you always can. Did we look awesome for 2 periods? Yes. Did we win? Yes. Will MT demand more? Yes. Nuff said...
CKA24
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Henry Hank on Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:58 pm

I didn't think they looked at all like they looked when they blew the Washington game. Edmonton got a bunch of breaks. The Pens definitely took their foot off the gas a bit but they didn't outright stop playing. On that extended PP, they were pouring it on and on and on, kept hitting posts, then Souray walks out of the box into a breakaway for a goal. That's just excessive bad luck than anything. They didn't deserve to have this one slip away. The Washington game, they did. Not this time.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby westside on Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:03 pm

Henry Hank wrote:I didn't think they looked at all like they looked when they blew the Washington game. Edmonton got a bunch of breaks. The Pens definitely took their foot off the gas a bit but they didn't outright stop playing. On that extended PP, they were pouring it on and on and on, kept hitting posts, then Souray walks out of the box into a breakaway for a goal. That's just excessive bad luck than anything. They didn't deserve to have this one slip away. The Washington game, they did. Not this time.

I agree. The Washington and Rangers games come to mind when I think of the Pens shutting it down too early. Crosby was a mad man trying to score in the 3rd and had some really good chances (as did some other Pens) but they could not finish. I'm not too worried about this one at all.
westside
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins