Malkin Ovechkin feud

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Malkin Ovechkin feud

Postby scals37 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:23 pm

doesnt anyone realize.... that russians just simply do no fight... EVER
scals37
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Why So Serious? on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:23 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
tjand72 wrote:I guess I'm the only one who thinks that Ovechkin would get the best of Malkin in a fight. I have absolutely nothing on which to base this feeling, but I just think that OV has that killer instinct, and would take Malkin out.

Of course I'd love to be proved wrong.

See, I thought the opposite. I think i'm one of the few, even among pens fans, that think Malkin would win. Malkin is scary when he gets angry on the ice, and I have to think thats how he would have to be to get into a fight. Outside of that, he's got two inches on Ovechkin, which is a bigger advantage than the weight advantage that Ovechkin has. Either way, if Malkin puts on 20 or so pounds that he should be able to put on over the next few years, opponents are going to be afraid of him even when he isn't scoring.

Yes. And on top of that, he can already go by you, but when Malkin fills out his frame a bit more, he will also be able to go right through you.
Why So Serious?
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby tjand72 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:53 pm

I'm looking at the here and now, not what could be. Right now, I think Ovechkin is more physically developed than Malkin, and I think he has more of a mean streak. That being said, if Malkin continues to lift and improve himself physically, he's going to be an absolute monster. If he can get to be 6'3" 225#, he will utterly dominate anyone and everyone in the NHL.

The NHL should be scared if that ever happens.
tjand72
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:56 pm

tjand72 wrote:I'm looking at the here and now, not what could be. Right now, I think Ovechkin is more physically developed than Malkin, and I think he has more of a mean streak. That being said, if Malkin continues to lift and improve himself physically, he's going to be an absolute monster. If he can get to be 6'3" 225#, he will utterly dominate anyone and everyone in the NHL.

The NHL should be scared if that ever happens.

If you read my post, you'd see that I was talking about right now as well.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins