Pens spotted, Greentree Olive Garden

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Pens spotted, Greentree Olive Garden

Postby superconan on Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:53 pm

zarleyzalapskisarmy wrote:No one has ever been able to tell me exactly WHY this is "bad manners"

It's become a mark of respect to take them off during a meal, funerals, church service, when you greet someone in the street, or any other occasion when you want to signify that you respect the person. That's where the term, "I take my hat off to you" originated.
superconan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby cojac on Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:59 pm

Penalty Killer wrote:I'm pretty sure that's Talbot next to Staal, not Sydor.

It's Scuderi
cojac
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby penny lane on Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:18 pm

Alex Goligoski #13 ~ next to Tyler Kennedy

I wouldn't take a photo of them; I'd say good luck / god bless~ kill hossa next week. :)

Olive Garden breadsticks are yummy; best part of their salad bar. :P
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby 71crush on Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:51 pm

Was this today (fri)?
71crush
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby czwalga on Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:51 pm

Horrible choice. I've never not been dissapointed at the olive garden. Worst italian food in any restaurant ever...
czwalga
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby CKA24 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:26 pm

zarleyzalapskisarmy wrote:
Killiecrankie wrote:Somebody forget to teach gogo manners, take the damn hat off at the table.

No one has ever been able to tell me exactly WHY this is "bad manners"

My guess: Hands were never supposed to be under the table -- people thought others would be passing notes. With that type of mistrust at the table, a hat could allow the wearer to avoid eye contact. The eyes have traditionally been regarded as the window to the soul. It would not be proper to try and hide your true self from the others at the table!!!

EDIT: So much for my educated guess... :roll:
CKA24
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:36 pm

czwalga wrote:Horrible choice. I've never not been dissapointed at the olive garden. Worst italian food in any restaurant ever...

The olive garden is awesome. I think you'll find that you are part of a very small minority of people that don't like it.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby KG on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:20 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
czwalga wrote:Horrible choice. I've never not been dissapointed at the olive garden. Worst italian food in any restaurant ever...

The olive garden is awesome. I think you'll find that you are part of a very small minority of people that don't like it.

I hate it...went there once...fake italian...
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:23 pm

KG wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:

I hate it...went there once...fake italian...

Who cares if its really like italian food or not. Do you like Chinese food around here? Is it anything like real Chinese food?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby WWGRD on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:23 pm

I like Olive Garden, real Italian food, and Chinese food.
WWGRD
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby KG on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:26 pm

[/quote]I hate it...went there once...fake italian...[/quote]

Who cares if its really like italian food or not. Do you like Chinese food around here? Is it anything like real Chinese food?[/quote]

I live on Long Island. I went to a local Olive Garden. It's not like it's that much cheaper then "a real restaurant", I would rather pay the extra to get the real thing, that's all...
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:29 pm

KG wrote:I live on Long Island. I went to a local Olive Garden. It's not like it's that much cheaper then "a real restaurant", I would rather pay the extra to get the real thing, that's all...

I generally spend less at Olive Garden than I do when I go to Wendy's, and I eat a lot more at Olive Garden. Of course, I got at lunch for the greatest lunch special there is that doesn't make you feel sick(aka the pizza hut buffet).
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby maudineormsby on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:36 pm

As a former waiter at the Olive Garden, I wouldn't eat there.

The food's clean, just really bad for you. Like, eating lard level of bad for you. ESPECIALLY the breadsticks. ~130 calories per, if they're made to spec, which they're not. There's always way too much "butter" on them for specification, so I'd expect closer to 200 calories per breadstick.
maudineormsby
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:39 pm

maudineormsby wrote:As a former waiter at the Olive Garden, I wouldn't eat there.

The food's clean, just really bad for you. Like, eating lard level of bad for you. ESPECIALLY the breadsticks. ~130 calories per, if they're made to spec, which they're not. There's always way too much "butter" on them for specification, so I'd expect closer to 200 calories per breadstick.

You say that like its a bad thing. Eating healthy is for losers.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby maudineormsby on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:45 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
maudineormsby wrote:As a former waiter at the Olive Garden, I wouldn't eat there.

Fair enough. I guess after watching extremely overweight people shove breadsticks in their face for four years, I'm a little sensitive. Also, I know how to make most everything on the menu (I was a prep cook for a while); I still make the alfredo sauce (with modifications) when I want alfredo, despite the 800+ calories in a plate.
maudineormsby
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:03 am

maudineormsby wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:

Fair enough. I guess after watching extremely overweight people shove breadsticks in their face for four years, I'm a little sensitive. Also, I know how to make most everything on the menu (I was a prep cook for a while); I still make the alfredo sauce (with modifications) when I want alfredo, despite the 800+ calories in a plate.

Well yeah, I guess i'm lucky, because I eat disgusting food on a regular basis(and by disgusting I mean very fattening/unhealthy), and yet with my fortunate metabolism and the amount of physical activity that I partake in, I don't gain weight.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:24 am

Olive Garden 4 4 4 4 4 life!
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby tjand72 on Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:30 am

Nothing wrong with Olive Garden for the price.

Now, The Cheesecake Factory is another beast. The girlfriend and I will probably go tomorrow to spend her $50 gift card, but that's after driving 35 minutes to the South Side to get there. As the crow flies, Ross Park is closest, but stinkin' 22/30/279 South is the way we have to go. East Carson Street FTL.

I've done this before, and $50 doesn't go too far.
tjand72
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby netwolf on Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:35 am

I like Olive Garden, but I think Johnny Carino's is better. Their Italian Chili is awesome.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby tjand72 on Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:37 am

netwolf wrote:I like Olive Garden, but I think Johnny Carino's is better. Their Italian Chili is awesome.

Great restaurant for the money (Johnny Carino's). Decent prices + good food/portions = WIN.
Last edited by tjand72 on Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
tjand72
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Antonio on Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:44 am

KG wrote:Millionaires eating at the Olive Garden??? I won't even eat there, and I am no millionaire! = )

QFT
Antonio
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby czwalga on Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:52 am

Decent food for the money? I had some kind of shrimp pasta last time i was there it was like $14. I had like 6 shrimp the size of a quarter. The pasta sauce tasted equal to that you'd buy in a jar.

Also by far the worst chicken parmesean i've ever had. I'm not even sure how you can screw that up. Tasted horrible.
czwalga
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby SolidSnake on Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:54 am

czwalga wrote:Decent food for the money? I had some kind of shrimp pasta last time i was there it was like $14. I had like 6 shrimp the size of a quarter. The pasta sauce tasted equal to that you'd buy in a jar.

Also by far the worst chicken parmesean i've ever had. I'm not even sure how you can screw that up. Tasted horrible.

You are never in a good mood are you?
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:19 am

SolidSnake wrote:
czwalga wrote:Decent food for the money? I had some kind of shrimp pasta last time i was there it was like $14. I had like 6 shrimp the size of a quarter. The pasta sauce tasted equal to that you'd buy in a jar.

You are never in a good mood are you?

I'm trying to figure out why someone would get something like chicken parmesean at a restaurant, why not order something a little harder to make on your own, like grilled cheese or a fruit rollup.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:00 am

lol good point
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins