Pens spotted, Greentree Olive Garden

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Pens spotted, Greentree Olive Garden

Postby brwi on Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:46 am

Idoit40fans wrote:
maudineormsby wrote:As a former waiter at the Olive Garden, I wouldn't eat there.

The food's clean, just really bad for you. Like, eating lard level of bad for you. ESPECIALLY the breadsticks. ~130 calories per, if they're made to spec, which they're not. There's always way too much "butter" on them for specification, so I'd expect closer to 200 calories per breadstick.

You say that like its a bad thing. Eating healthy is for losers.

The Power of Lard!!!

I like Olive Garden myself. The locations I have been to are pretty good on a consistent basis. Is it "real" Italian? No, but I somehow manage to overcome that reality. In Atlanta, most "real" Italian restaurants are definitely pricier than the OG(especially at lunch) and sometimes the OG is close enough for me.

Brad
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:53 am

Real lard is better for you than food science-engineered margarine.

Go read In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto

I like Olive Garden, but I can't understand why the ones here in SC have a two-hour wait some weekends. Myrtle Beach location is even worse during the summer. It's good...but not two-hour wait good. I would rather go to a locally owned Italian restaurant, of which there are too few in my neck of the woods.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby czwalga on Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:40 am

Idoit40fans wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:
czwalga wrote:Decent food for the money? I had some kind of shrimp pasta last time i was there it was like $14. I had like 6 shrimp the size of a quarter. The pasta sauce tasted equal to that you'd buy in a jar.

Also by far the worst chicken parmesean i've ever had. I'm not even sure how you can screw that up. Tasted horrible.

You are never in a good mood are you?

I'm trying to figure out why someone would get something like chicken parmesean at a restaurant, why not order something a little harder to make on your own, like grilled cheese or a fruit rollup.

The olive garden consists of pasta and salad. Pretty much everything there is easy to make at home.....
czwalga
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby zarleyzalapskisarmy on Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:50 pm

superconan wrote:
zarleyzalapskisarmy wrote:No one has ever been able to tell me exactly WHY this is "bad manners"

It's become a mark of respect to take them off during a meal, funerals, church service, when you greet someone in the street, or any other occasion when you want to signify that you respect the person. That's where the term, "I take my hat off to you" originated.

Interesting. I've seen women wear hats in church all my life. Guess it's a sexist rule of manners haha

Does anyone else hate it when someone takes a picture of you eating? Like a b-day party, wedding, etc? Drives me nuts.
zarleyzalapskisarmy
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Ginger on Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:08 pm

zarleyzalapskisarmy wrote:
Killiecrankie wrote:Somebody forget to teach gogo manners, take the damn hat off at the table.

No one has ever been able to tell me exactly WHY this is "bad manners"

Blame Amy Vanderbilt who wrote a really popular manners & etiquette book generations ago. She said that only uncouth & ignorant people wore hats at the table or put their feet up on the table. So anyone not wanting to look like ignorant slobs keep their feet on the floor & their hats hanging on the back of the chair.

Funny that it doesn't apply to women & the Amish tho' isnt it? :D They get away with everything.

When I lived in Cranberry we saw Matthew Barnaby & his wife & a friend at Bravo on McKnight Road. I also saw him shopping at WalMart & got to talk to him briefly there.
Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby maudineormsby on Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:11 pm

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Real lard is better for you than food science-engineered margarine.

I wasn't using lard to actually mean lard (although, I think there is 2 sticks of butter in 1 serving of alfredo sauce). Most of the time it's some artificial crap that's cheaper than real lard/butter.
maudineormsby
AHL'er
AHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins