Crosby out for next game most likely

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Crosby out for next game most likely

Postby jmh470 on Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:54 am

Idoit40fans wrote:
jmh470 wrote:It's November. This team has more than enough talent to go .500 or better while Crosby heals.

If Crosby's groin or ankle is an issue, it needs to be taken care of before 2009.

Thats not the point. The point is that if you sit players when they aren't 100%, then getting 41 games a year out of them is a very optimistic projection.

First off, I'm referring to Sidney Crosby, not "players." Secondly, I'm referring to injuries, if present, that most likely will linger if not addressed. Thirdly, I'm not sure how the suggestion that allowing players to heal significant injuries will inevitably lead to the result that they will only play half of a season.
jmh470
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Ginger on Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:52 pm

Hawkeynut wrote:Crosby is becoming a broken part... we should trade him for someone like Gaborik. :roll: :lol: :roll:

Yeah - think we could work something with the Caps & land Semin?

:twisted:
Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:10 pm

jmh470 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
jmh470 wrote:It's November. This team has more than enough talent to go .500 or better while Crosby heals.

If Crosby's groin or ankle is an issue, it needs to be taken care of before 2009.

Thats not the point. The point is that if you sit players when they aren't 100%, then getting 41 games a year out of them is a very optimistic projection.

First off, I'm referring to Sidney Crosby, not "players." Secondly, I'm referring to injuries, if present, that most likely will linger if not addressed. Thirdly, I'm not sure how the suggestion that allowing players to heal significant injuries will inevitably lead to the result that they will only play half of a season.

He obviously doesn't have a significant injury if he can still outskate basically everyone on the ice like he did on thursday, so what is your point?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rohit on Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:16 pm

i like to think sid wouldnt play if there is risk of aggravating the injury. despite his competitive nature, he seems pretty level headed when it comes to "coming back too early" or what not when it comes to injuries
Rohit
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Guido on Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:49 pm

I'm sick of injuries, but I'll tell you what I'm even more sick of; this undisclosed BS. I absolutely hate the new non-disclosure of injuries policy.
Guido
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:57 pm

Guido wrote:I'm sick of injuries, but I'll tell you what I'm even more sick of; this undisclosed BS. I absolutely hate the new non-disclosure of injuries policy.

I'm sure if you were a player recovering from a dislocated shoulder or a broken foot, you'd feel differently.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins